Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

On 8/15/2020 at 11:24 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Overnighting in Amarillo. Headed to Pike NF in Colorado Springs for 14 days of work. 

DDH Final Resting Place after 10 hours on the road.

2839A1F8-2898-4DE7-BE92-239F28031687.jpeg

Stay thirsty safe, my friend.

• Love 1

On 8/17/2020 at 6:19 AM, McLoofus said:

Stay thirsty safe, my friend.

I forgot to post. This was the result when we woke up the next morning. Sorry bastards broke into my fire engine and our chase truck and stole about $15grand worth of gear. Didn’t stop us, though. We pressed on like Lee’s nails and continued with our mission. One day to resupply in Ft Collins and one day to fix our trucks. 

ECAA1477-0F4A-424A-8931-789C598AA273.jpeg

794AADBB-688E-4051-9432-16D306658D69.jpeg

A0FC163D-2C0E-4FB6-8EF5-D2532817CAE1.jpeg

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I forgot to post. This was the result when we woke up the next morning. Sorry bastards broke into my fire engine and our chase truck and stole about $15grand worth of gear. Didn’t stop us, though. We pressed on like Lee’s nails and continued with our mission. One day to resupply in Ft Collins and one day to fix our trucks. 

ECAA1477-0F4A-424A-8931-789C598AA273.jpeg

794AADBB-688E-4051-9432-16D306658D69.jpeg

A0FC163D-2C0E-4FB6-8EF5-D2532817CAE1.jpeg

Must be some low, low living that possesses a person to do such. Damn.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Must be some low, low living that possesses a person to do such. Damn.

I told our guys that someone needed our stuff more than we did. That was about all I could come up with.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Terrible pic of a beautiful beer. Odell Mango Tree Shaker Imperial IPA. Just freaking delicious.

@ShocksMyBrain I’m in Colorado Springs until next week. Anything you recommend I keep an eye out for? Actually, I’ll take recs from anyone.

5A56A5A5-AF68-420F-A230-E6E310D1EFD4.jpeg

I’m the least qualified to give recs in this thread probably but Great Divide Yeti imperial stout is one of my all time faves and they don’t ship East anymore I don’t think (at least I can’t find it). Sad winters without Yeti these days.....

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Terrible pic of a beautiful beer. Odell Mango Tree Shaker Imperial IPA. Just freaking delicious.

@ShocksMyBrain I’m in Colorado Springs until next week. Anything you recommend I keep an eye out for? Actually, I’ll take recs from anyone.

5A56A5A5-AF68-420F-A230-E6E310D1EFD4.jpeg

Tree Shaker is awesome, I’ve only ever had the peach version. First time I had it, was when they only had it on their little experimental pilot system at the brewery. I love pretty much everything Odell does. Their flagship IPA is a gold standard straight up American IPA. 

Be on the look out for anything from Weldwerks(they may have just opened a taproom in the Springs), Wiley Roots, Outer Range, 4 Noses, New Image, Something Brewing, Funkwerks for their eclectic saisons and sours. 

I don’t know much about the brewery/taproom scene in Colorado Springs, but Untappd or Beer Advocate would be good resources. There’s probably quite a few to visit. 

If you wind up in Fort Collins, let me know. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Tree Shaker is awesome, I’ve only ever had the peach version. First time I had it, was when they only had it on their little experimental pilot system at the brewery. I love pretty much everything Odell does. Their flagship IPA is a gold standard straight up American IPA. 

Be on the look out for anything from Weldwerks(they may have just opened a taproom in the Springs), Wiley Roots, Outer Range, 4 Noses, New Image, Something Brewing, Funkwerks for their eclectic saisons and sours. 

I don’t know much about the brewery/taproom scene in Colorado Springs, but Untappd or Beer Advocate would be good resources. There’s probably quite a few to visit. 

If you wind up in Fort Collins, let me know. 

I saw a bunch of those at the beer store literally right in front of the hotel. So glad I’ve saved per diem, because it’s coming home in liquid form.

Thanks for the recs.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’m the least qualified to give recs in this thread probably but Great Divide Yeti imperial stout is one of my all time faves and they don’t ship East anymore I don’t think (at least I can’t find it). Sad winters without Yeti these days.....

The only qualification here is beer drinking. 

And I’ll keep an eye out for that beer. I love a damn imperial stout, so....yes.

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

So glad I’ve saved per diem, because it’s coming home in liquid form.

And you drove, so no limits!

CO gets distro from CA and OR that a lot of SE states don't get, so you can get some pretty magic stuff from the left coast in addition to the local freshies. Not sure if you've ever had any of the Firestone Walker anniversary beers, but that is a bucket list beer for me. I've only had two of them and I have dreams about them. And Parabola... ugh... so good.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

And you drove, so no limits!

CO gets distro from CA and OR that a lot of SE states don't get, so you can get some pretty magic stuff from the left coast in addition to the local freshies. Not sure if you've ever had any of the Firestone Walker anniversary beers, but that is a bucket list beer for me. I've only had two of them and I have dreams about them. And Parabola... ugh... so good.

FW is doing like 350ml bottles now of their special releases. I’m sure that helps spread the live around, but taking a bomber of Parabola to the dome was nice. 

I’ll also add to grab up Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue or King Sue. They’re not based in Colorado, but do distribute there. 

I forgot to say to pick up something from Casey Brewing and Blending(they’re in Colorado), they make fantastic wild ales. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

taking a bomber of Parabola to the dome was nice

Borrowing from @Tiger Refuge's playbook, #raplyric.

I'm getting TG's Sue beers in Savannah now so if anyone needs, we can make it happen. I actually prefer Pseudo. So freaking clean and crushable. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Borrowing from @Tiger Refuge's playbook, #raplyric.

I'm getting TG's Sue beers in Savannah now so if anyone needs, we can make it happen. I actually prefer Pseudo. So freaking clean and crushable. 

Good Lord, I was scrolling to the bottom to type the exact same thing...

398F599D-58AC-478A-ADED-609604AD8D4D.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

20200809_134257.jpg

If you ever have a layover in Baltimore the Guinness brewery is just down the road from BWI airport and well worth the trip. They have a bigger selection than you'd think with some very interesting beers, brewed on site.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

SGB is killing it with their Hill series lately. 

N1vx5du.jpg

Man, you’re killing me with these posts. Finally got on their website after all the awesome looking/sounding beers you been posting from them and......no distribution outside of TN

B0FB4FA8-40D1-4348-ABE8-842BDAE87CFB.gif

42 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, you’re killing me with these posts. Finally got on their website after all the awesome looking/sounding beers you been posting from them and......no distribution outside of TN

B0FB4FA8-40D1-4348-ABE8-842BDAE87CFB.gif

They didn’t distribute outside of Nashville until last year. And even then, we weren’t getting this sort of stuff. Only until Covid happened, were we allowed access to their usually taproom only stuff. They’re probably my favorite brewery in state, followed closely by Bearded Iris. 

Where are you located? Perhaps there’s a brewery nearby with similar hype brews.