Trump executive bill to end family separation

NolaAuTiger

7 hours ago, channonc said:

More tone deafness from the first family. One question: where is Melania's staff? MIA?

LINK

I don't believe it.  

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, channonc said:

More tone deafness from the first family. One question: where is Melania's staff? MIA?

LINK

Quote from the link: " .....although it's worth mentioning that the First Lady didn't wear it in Texas or anywhere close to the immigrant facility".

Tone deaf? I don't think so. The jacket is directed at the press, who richly deserves the remark.

7 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

He said that Sandra had always wanted to experience 'the American dream' and hoped to find a good job in the States. 

But not the legit way obviously...

I wanna be a millionaire, guess I should rob a bank instead of working. If I'm caught tons of tards will cry for me. :)

4 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Fake news

It's not fake.  She chose to wear the jacket on a trip to see the immigrant situation at the border for herself.  I've heard the post-facto explanation about what the message meant.  Even if true, that only makes channoc's question even more applicable.  Where is her staff to tell her that this moment is a *really* bad time to wear that jacket.  Save it for another occasion.  It's going to be interpreted differently than you think and is a very bad look.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's not fake.  She chose to wear the jacket on a trip to see the immigrant situation at the border for herself.  I've heard the post-facto explanation about what the message meant.  Even if true, that only makes channoc's question even more applicable.  Where is her staff to tell her that this moment is a *really* bad time to wear that jacket.  Save it for another occasion.  It's going to be interpreted differently than you think and is a very bad look.

She's hot

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Ivanka's hotter, but yes.

But still, not fake news.

Of course it's not fake news that she's hot :)

Anyways, not like the media would be falling at her feet and praising her otherwise. They hate the Trump family. Water under the bridge. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Of course it's not fake news that she's hot :)

Anyways, not like the media would be falling at her feet and praising her otherwise. They hate the Trump family. Water under the bridge. 

I think the point you're missing is that even if she wasn't wearing the jacket as a commentary on the immigrant children being separated from families, it was a terrible decision on her part and a terrible fail on her staff's part.  In fact, if I were on her staff and in charge of such things and she refused to use a different jacket after pointing this out to her, I'd quit.  I can't work for someone that stupid.

So at best, it's terrible optics.  At worst, it's calloused and repulsive.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I think the point you're missing is that even if she wasn't wearing the jacket as a commentary on the immigrant children being separated from families, it was a terrible decision on her part and a terrible fail on her staff's part.  In fact, if I were on her staff and in charge of such things and she refused to use a different jacket after pointing this out to her, I'd quit.  I can't work for someone that stupid.

So at best, it's terrible optics.  At worst, it's calloused and repulsive.

NO it's not if it is aimed at calloused and repulsive Trump haters.

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

NO it's not if it is aimed at calloused and repulsive Trump haters.

You need to read more closely.  I'll explain a bit more clearly:

"at best, it's terrible optics" = Melania wore it not to take shots at the immigrant children situation, but to take a shot at the media over Trump coverage.  If that's the case, it's still terrible optics - a really bad look.  She should have known better.

-OR-

"at worst it's calloused and repulsive" = The explanation that it was aimed at the media is bull**** and it was a shot at the immigrant children situation.  If that's the case it's calloused and repulsive.  She should have known better and she's a truly awful person.

It's a choice.  The best light this can possibly be cast in is that it was a mistake on her part to miss how that would be interpreted.  The worst case scenario is that she's an a**hole.

Understand?

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

In fact, if I were on her staff and in charge of such things and she refused to use a different jacket after pointing this out to her, I'd quit.  I can't work for someone that stupid.

haha if i was in charge of what she wore.... nvm

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You need to read more closely.  I'll explain a bit more clearly:

"at best, it's terrible optics" = Melania wore it not to take shots at the immigrant children situation, but to take a shot at the media over Trump coverage.  If that's the case, it's still terrible optics - a really bad look.  She should have known better.

-OR-

"at worst it's calloused and repulsive" = The explanation that it was aimed at the media is bull**** and it was a shot at the immigrant children situation.  If that's the case it's calloused and repulsive.  She should have known better and she's a truly awful person.

It's a choice.  The best light this can possibly be cast in is that it was a mistake on her part to miss how that would be interpreted.  The worst case scenario is that she's an a**hole.

Understand?

I clearly understand.......we disagree and you will post until hell freezes over to challenge my OPINION. So carry on if you like. My opinion stands.

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

haha if i was in charge of what she wore.... nvm

Yeah, yeah.  Funny.  You know what I'm saying.  The First Lady, the President, et all have staff people who have as one of their main responsibilities that they pay attention to optics for public events.  Any time the President or First Lady are going to be seen, ESPECIALLY if it's a public event on a hot button political issue, these people advise on everything from what they should wear, to who they should acknowledge first, to whether they should speak to reporters, to anything visual about the event.  Bad optics will drown out good audio and information 9 times out of 10.  So yes, there is someone on that staff who pays attention to such things and I will almost guarantee you they told her that jacket was a bad idea for this event and she didn't listen.  Or she snuck that jacket out and surprised that staff member.  I were that staff member, I'd quit on the spot.

On the off chance that person on her staff saw the coat and said nothing, the First Lady should fire their ass yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I clearly understand.......we disagree and you will post until hell freezes over to challenge my OPINION. So carry on if you like. My opinion stands.

No you don't.  If you did the above response wouldn't have been typed.

Well, at least the response pattern by Trumpbots is consistent:

First, fake news!  It didn't happen.  

Then, well, it happened, but the anti-Trump media misrepresented what it really meant, which was    < insert whatever lame excuse that the Trump staff could come up with>.

Finally, this just proves the media hates trump.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Then, well, it happened, but the anti-Trump media misrepresented what it really meant, which was    < insert whatever lame excuse that the Trump staff could come up with>.

Fake news

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Almost verbatim.  Predictability off the charts.  Atomic clocks have nothing on these guys.

21 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Roasted

DgPnaxDWsAAKSPf.jpg

The child's dad refutes this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/22/crying-migrant-girl-on-time-magazine-cover-was-not-separated-from-mother-family-says.html

But Time won't back down. Can't admit their mistake apparently.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

So at best, it's terrible optics.  At worst, it's calloused and repulsive.

1)Were she callous toward those children she wouldn't have been in Texas visiting them.

2)The jacket wasn't worn while she was in Texas. How many days/weeks/months should have been allowed to pass between the times she wore the jacket and this visit?

Now, should someone on her staff have anticipated that the press would twist the wearing of this jacket in Washington, DC into looking like something that happened in Texas,  then yes, someone should have anticipated that.

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

1)Were she callous toward those children she wouldn't have been in Texas visiting them.

Then, at best it's terrible optics.  And a tad clueless.  See?  That's how such grammatical constructions work.

2)The jacket wasn't worn while she was in Texas. How many days/weeks/months should have been allowed to pass between the times she wore the jacket and this visit?

Days/weeks/months isn't really the issue so much as the event she's heading out for. 

Look, you're a smart guy.  Let's not play this game where you pretend not to understand things.

Now, should someone on her staff have anticipated that the press would twist the wearing of this jacket in Washington, DC into looking like something that happened in Texas,  then yes, someone should have anticipated that.

If no one on her staff could see that at least SOMEONE would see her leaving to go see the immigrant family situation at the border wearing a jacket with that message on it and think, "What the hell?", then she needs to fire that entire staff and get a new one.  They are too dumb or too scared to do their jobs properly.

If someone on her staff told her that it was a bad idea to wear that coat when heading out for this event, then Melania needs her head examined and that staff member should quit if they have any self-respect.

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

Quote from the link: " .....although it's worth mentioning that the First Lady didn't wear it in Texas or anywhere close to the immigrant facility".

Tone deaf? I don't think so. The jacket is directed at the press, who richly deserves the remark.

Sorry,  she was boarding a plane to head to the border. The fact that she deplaned without it says one of two things happened: 1) she finally listened to her staff or 2) staff didn’t realize or was too afraid to correct her wardrobe choice until they were on the plane.

This looked terrible and it’s even worse that the President doubled down on the wardrobe choice later.

The fact that the big news out of all of this is Melania's wardrobe pretty much says it all...more hard hitting news from the folks that have given us crucial stories like "two scoops of ice cream" and "ranch dressing instead of vinagarette".    

Archived