2018 Maui Invitational

tigerbrotha12

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

No foul calls on those last Duke tries....refs letting them play it out.  Think Duke hoping to draw fouls....but nothing...

Good no call at the end IMO

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Woops need to apologize and shout out @djg0017 . Not exactly Syracuse but looks like he was completely right. That is why we play the game. Duke seems to have chinks in the armor.

Didn’t think it would be a team with a style like Gonzaga but a great game nonetheless. Those two are almost certainly going to be number 1 seeds in March

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Good no call at the end IMO

See!! No conspiracies! Refs tend to swallow whistles at the end of the half and end of game

Just now, doverstutts said:

duke misplayed that next to last possession....gonzaga was leaving the 3 open

Duke had some open 3s but did not want to take them....had Reddish on the bench during the rally and can't recall a 3 from them during the last 8 or 10 minutes of the game.  

First loss ever for the Dukies in Maui. 17-0 before this.

1 minute ago, djg0017 said:

Didn’t think it would be a team with a style like Gonzaga but a great game nonetheless. Those two are almost certainly going to be number 1 seeds in March

Being a spurs fan, I can appreciate Gonzaga style of play. I love Bruce Pearl and my tigers, but I absolutely hate the way we play lol. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Being a spurs fan, I can appreciate Gonzaga style of play. I love Bruce Pearl and my tigers, but I absolutely hate the way we play lol. 

Being a fan of fun, exciting up tempo basketball I LOVE the way we play. I HATE the way the Spurs play hahahaha. The only time the spurs were exciting to me was 2014 when they had the greatest NBA finals shooting performance I have ever seen. Unfortunately that came at the expense of muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dude LeBron lol.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Being a fan of fun, exciting up tempo basketball I LOVE the way we play. I HATE the way the Spurs play hahahaha. The only time the spurs were exciting to me was 2014 when they had the greatest NBA finals shooting performance I have ever seen. Unfortunately that came at the expense of muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dude LeBron lol.

Poetry in motion with selfless team basketball my guy. Pass after pass after pass until the highest percentage shot was found. Ahh good times, good times.

Just now, DAG said:

Poetry in motion with selfless team basketball my guy. Pass after pass after pass until the highest percentage shot was found. Ahh good times, good times.

Can we at least agree how we play is really really really exciting and a lot of fun. It is way more fun than watching our offense play in another sport on campus!!!! lol

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ain’t that the truth man, watching the type of threes they take vs the type we take. Their size is pretty ridiculous as well. At least our style of play leaves a lot of room for improvement over the season

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Can we at least agree how we play is really really really exciting and a lot of fun. It is way more fun than watching our offense play in another sport on campus!!!! lol

Oh it’s defintely exciting trust me lol. The NBA has moved to this exact style of game and majority of the fans love it. And yes, it is nice to enjoy Auburn athletics when they are playing competitive ball. As you can tell by the forum, we aren’t at each other’s throats when we see our team performing to their best ability, win or lose.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Oh it’s defintely exciting trust me lol. The NBA has moved to this exact style of game and majority of the fans love it. And yes, it is nice to enjoy Auburn athletics when they are playing competitive ball. As you can tell by the forum, we aren’t at each other’s throats when we see our team performing to their best ability, win or lose.

Having a guy like BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE as our Head Coach goes a loooooooong way. The whole family an community has just embraced him and he in return since day 1 has gone out of his way to integrate himself in to Auburn in a way the football coach never has and never will.

33 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

No, but I sure would love to have him.

Not wanting to argue, but if you can't see Williamson,'s talent you obviously are biased

I didn't say he's not talented. But no reason show every freaking highlight of him on ESPN. I'm biased against overrated players

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

I didn't say he's not talented. But no reason show every freaking highlight of him on ESPN. I'm biased against overrated players

How is he overrated? lol. He will most likely be the number 2 pick in the NBA Draft. He has clearly shown this year the narrative of him just being a dunker is not true.

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

How is he overrated? lol. He will most likely be the number 2 pick in the NBA Draft. He has clearly shown this year the narrative of him just being a dunker is not true.

He said he has qualities of Lance Stephenson. This is an argument you don't want to have. Trust me

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

See!! No conspiracies! Refs tend to swallow whistles at the end of the half and end of game

Personally, I don’t think they should, but I know it happens. IMO, call the game for the entire game, that includes the last few seconds.

34 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Personally, I don’t think they should, but I know it happens. IMO, call the game for the entire game, that includes the last few seconds.

I feel you, but I feel them too, you really can't hardly play a game calling every little slap. Certainly can't make the small calls at the end of games that will decide a game. Take last night's game for instance look how most act like we were cheated with fouls. There was a bunch of calls they could've called on us in the second half they didn't. Apparently we didn't see them so what if they made that call at the end of regulation? One team will go crazy one way or the other and you take it out of the players hands. When you let the players play through it and play physical even just the few seconds they will still feel like they decided the game as opposed to some third party.

They do that in football as well

14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Geez, I would have thought 3rd place would play before 1st place. 

Or at least get the 2nd best time slot for mainlanders.

Archived