2018 Maui Invitational

tigerbrotha12

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

We're going to have to do something as far as a back up point. Idk what we can do really but Pearl is going to have to think of something

I think he transferred after last season (Mitchell); I have thought since then if we had him when Harper had to rest we wouldn't lose anything, and would be hard to beat. Davion was a ball player.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

I think he transferred after last season (Mitchell); I have thought since then if we had him when Harper had to rest we wouldn't lose anything, and would be hard to beat. Davion was a ball player.

Agree....but PGs are like QBs.....hard to keep more than one good one on a roster......and while coaches swap most other players in and out to keep them fresh or to adjust the style of play.....most often the PG pretty much goes the distance with just few breaks here and there.    A good #2 PG  (like a QB) who thinks he can start at many places is probably not gonna ride the bench waiting to play a few minutes a game or in mop-up. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

You guys crying waaay too much about calls. As soon as we started attacking the basket we got calls. We had reddish and Zion in foul trouble right out the gate. You can tell we're new to the basketball thing

The play by play thought fouls weren’t called when they should’ve been so there’s that. 

6 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

He is who I thought was our best perimeter defender, easy

Just now, autigeremt said:

The play by play thought fouls weren’t called when they should’ve been so there’s that. 

Yeah they said both sides. There were missed calls both ways as usual. But just saying oh the have shot this many free throws and we only had this many....they played a completely different and smarter game in the first half. If we had played the first half like we played the second half strategy wise we'd shot more free throws. That's our fault

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Yeah they said both sides. There were missed calls both ways as usual. But just saying oh the have shot this many free throws and we only had this many....they played a completely different and smarter game in the first half. If we had played the first half like we played the second half strategy wise we'd shot more free throws. That's our fault

And possibly won the game as well.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree....but PGs are like QBs.....hard to keep more than one good one on a roster......and while coaches swap most other players in and out to keep them fresh or to adjust the style of play.....most often the PG pretty much goes the distance with just few breaks here and there.    A good #2 PG  (like a QB) who thinks he can start at many places is probably not gonna ride the bench waiting to play a few minutes a game or in mop-up. 

In our system he could. My cousin didn't start for UT but was third in scoring. But it looks like Davion could've started this year for us maybe

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Yes, especially if we had hit the free throws. Maybe we get their center a few fouls and he doesn't play so aggressive on defense as well. We don't need to change our style but just be a tad bit smarter

36 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I guess that was possible but Duke seemed to have a second gear and every time we put on a rally, they just cranked it down and ran it back up.  Our guys played a good game ....very good game....but not sure we ever had a chance to win. JMO

Duke and Zags getting underway now....NCAA final four game...preview?  

Gonzaga giving Duke fits....leading by  9 and getting inside against Duke for lots of layups.

Gonzaga is playing smart, making the extra pass, 100% hustle and are taking good shots....duke looks like freshmen right now and trying to make up the difference all at once.....i expect duke to win because "k" is going chew their asses out for poor defensive play and they will settle down and use their athleticism...Gonzaga is not going to shoot as well as they did in the 1st

2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Gonzaga is playing smart, making the extra pass, 100% hustle and are taking good shots....duke looks like freshmen right now and trying to make up the difference all at once.....i expect duke to win because "k" is going chew their asses out for poor defensive play and they will settle down and use their athleticism...Gonzaga is not going to shoot as well as they did in the 1st

Zags are a more mature team.....transfers and international guys with serious experience.....hit over 60% for the half....as noted, not likely to do that again, ...UNLESS, Duke does not figure out how to keep them out of the lane....lots of really wide open shots. 

11 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Can we hang our hat on AU having wore down Duke and leaving the scraps for Gonzaga? 😂

I was thinking the same thing. But don't take anything away from Gonzaga.  They are a very good team too. 

15 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

lol, hadn't missed a beat in the 2nd

yep..…..getting those inside shots....Duke not able to keep their big guys out of the paint.....

Archived