2018 Maui Invitational

tigerbrotha12

18 hours ago, gravejd said:

You must not travel much or far (as in 10+ hour flight far)....Jet lag is real. And its not a "i couldn't sleep on the plan problem", its a "i'm wide awake at 3am cause my body thinks its noon and i can't hold my head up at 3pm cause my body thinks its midnight" problem. Glad the team is getting there today so they have a few days to adjust. But a few days won't matter to some as some folks really struggle with it.....good thing these guys are young!

Ha, if you’ve traveled more than 64, I think we’ll all be impressed. :)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ha, if you’ve traveled more than 64, I think we’ll all be impressed. :)

Indeed...and I've seen some really interesting places but I'm done with that.   Yet....my wife wonders why I don't want to go on her European tour trips with her...:-\     So when she gets the bug for a tour of Italy or something, I say..."call your sister".  which usually works.         But as Grave noted....jet lag is real and there were many  of those days when by early afternoon after I got to somewhere in Europe my butt was dragging.   

Hoping the guys have /had a quiet trip and enjoy the Hawaii weather and are ready to play.  .  I'm more worried about X than most people seem to be.

I'm getting jet lag from insomnia due to anticipation of this tournament.  I can't wait.

TV time is early afternoon on Monday.  That's exactly what sick leave was meant for.

2 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I'm getting jet lag from insomnia due to anticipation of this tournament.  I can't wait.

TV time is early afternoon on Monday.  That's exactly what sick leave was meant for.

right…..got a little touch of food poisoning......should be OK tomorrow....

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

I'm still back to approach....do you just let Zion have his points and stop the rest? ..or what.

But of course we first need to deal with X and that's not easy on a neutral court. 

I haven’t gotten to watch them but RJ seems like more of a volume shooter and Cam seems content to disappear when those two are on. They also have a really good PG I believe who was #8 recruit, but they’re top heavy. I’d put Doughty/Bryce on Reddish, McLemore on RJ and hope our 4/5s can handle Zion. Austin is the only one that matches him girth wise (pause) but Okeke can run with him on the perimeter 

to answer your question, it’s gonna have to be a duo of options thrown at them each member of the big 3, and hope their other parts aren’t excelling. The GSW method 

No offense to anyone involved in the discussion but can we get by Xavier first please before discussing in depth on the best plan of action to beat Duke?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

No offense to anyone involved in the discussion but can we get by Xavier first please before discussing in depth on the best plan of action to beat Duke?

Exactly what I've been thinking. However, reading this article has made me feel better about our chances against the Candybars. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bannersontheparkway.com/platform/amp/2018/11/14/18095322/recalibrating-expectations-xavier-wisconsin-big-east-basketball-butt-kicking

Seems like they may be in a very real transition year, the likes of which Auburn has experienced all too often. 

9 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Seems like they may be in a very real transition year, the likes of which Auburn has experienced all too often. 

Still. If our team comes in focused on Duke & play flat vs. Xavier as a result we could lose the game. Given everything our team & program have been through we should be taking nothing for granted.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Don't disagree at all......but the problem is....we know NOTHING about X....they lost to Wisconsin recently but have no idea who any of their players are and what to expect from them....so easier to discuss Duke who is on the front page of every sports page almost every day.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Don't disagree at all......but the problem is....we know NOTHING about X....they lost to Wisconsin recently but have no idea who any of their players are and what to expect from them....so easier to discuss Duke who is on the front page of every sports page almost every day.

Well thankfully there are these things called the internet & the world wide web where we can easily research things we don't know. Also since we are a day away from playing Xavier I imagine @JwgreDeux has an Xavier preview coming.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well thankfully there are these things called the internet & the world wide web where we can easily research things we don't know. Also since we are a day away from playing Xavier I imagine @JwgreDeux has an Xavier preview coming.

This is an AU forum.....we always expect someone else to do the research for us....😄 .so waiting on Deux who always does such a good  job.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

This is an AU forum.....we always expect someone else to do the research for us....😄 .so waiting on Deux who always does such a good  job.

Funny.....I just came here to see if Deux had posted his preview....presumptuous I guess:)

21 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I haven’t gotten to watch them but RJ seems like more of a volume shooter and Cam seems content to disappear when those two are on. They also have a really good PG I believe who was #8 recruit, but they’re top heavy. I’d put Doughty/Bryce on Reddish, McLemore on RJ and hope our 4/5s can handle Zion. Austin is the only one that matches him girth wise (pause) but Okeke can run with him on the perimeter 

to answer your question, it’s gonna have to be a duo of options thrown at them each member of the big 3, and hope their other parts aren’t excelling. The GSW method 

It just felt like that to you because he's efficient but Reddish actually scored in the twenties in both those games. He doesn't disappear.....as far as putting Brown and Doughty on him good luck with that......

I had to pinch myself to make sure I was awake. Was just watching ESPN 2 where WK and UCF are playing basketball. So the experts come on before the game and they are talking about the Maui tournament. First they talk about how good Duke is this year and how good their freshman is ( all right on point) . Next one asked the other about Auburn. He said they are playing “ typical Auburn Basketball, aggressive and relentless. They pressure you and make you turn it over and then they cash it in in their end”. Wow I love this. This is what Bruce has brought to AU. War D Eagle AU Basketball team and coaches. Bring home the trophy.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

It just felt like that to you because he's efficient but Reddish actually scored in the twenties in both those games. He doesn't disappear.....as far as putting Brown and Doughty on him good luck with that......

its going to have to be a zone defense and hope they aren't hitting the 3....we probably only have a slim chance to beat duke but we will have no chance unless we beat xavier first....

Hope we come out hitting the 3s today....looking forward to this game....It is Xavier...not Duke today:)

Like everyone else i echo let's take care of Xavier 1st.  BUT------  Basketball is  different somewhat of football.  Even the best in basketball have off days where the ball will not fall in.  Luck ( or chance) does play a part, slim sometimes-- but a part.  Good defense as usual, rebounding as usual, and some ( chance)  🙂   and we have a good as opportunity of defeating Duke as Duke has defeating us. 

According to ESPN2  GAMES IS AT 2:30 EST

The thing about basketball and other sports as well actually, us talking doesn't effect the people actually playing at the least. Now if let's say chumma was just thinking or talking about Duke as opposed to Xavier that would be a problem. Us doing it on a board really because Duke is high profile and we have seen them play because their games has been televised national as opposed to regionally like Xavier, that doesn't do anything. And we haven't watched them, so even when my guy does his review it's still really an unknown unless he watched Xavier play because just looking at stats can't really tell you an ENTIRE story about a team either. 

23 hours ago, AU64 said:

quick preview posted (and I did watch Xavier play Wisconsin FWIW).

Arrrgh! I was just pulled into a conference call scheduled for game time. Grrrrr. So I'll record the game and record the Duke game as well, since I wanted to watch them both in order and don't want to see the score of the Auburn game while watching the Duke game.

Guess what I'll be doing tonight. hahaha

Archived