Movies

AUBwins

• 3 weeks later...

Watched The Northman on Prime.  Actually surprised this got as good reviews as it did.  I was a bit disappointed.  Neither Nicole Kidman nor Ethan Hawk could sell it as Vikings.  My girl Anya-Taylor Joy was top notch of course.  Lead character was OK, but the production kinda sucked to me. Anyways, my thoughts.

Edited by AUBwins

The English, a TV mini series with Emily Blunt. I gave it an A. It’s about a woman who seeks revenge on the man responsible for the death of her son. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

The English, a TV mini series with Emily Blunt. I gave it an A. It’s about a woman who seeks revenge on the man responsible for the death of her son. 

It was a good mini series with several twists and turns. 

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

Is it on Prime?

Love Emily Blunt.  Will have to watch.  Also love mini series.  Feel more inspired to start a 6-episode series than a 10+ LOL

But this is the movie thread. We have a TV thread as well. :poke:

• 1 month later...

Yesss!!!!!!!! IT'S HERE!!!!! (In April 😀

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Watched Chang can dunk on Disney+  I liked it. Had drums and basketball, so that's me all day LOL.  Oh and actually a clean movie the kiddos can watch.  Hard to find those these days

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Watched Chang can dunk on Disney+  I liked it. Had drums and basketball, so that's me all day LOL.  Oh and actually a clean movie the kiddos can watch.  Hard to find those these days

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 7:01 AM, augolf1716 said:

Wife and I are going to watch it this week.

the movie is decent but the book is awesome. they had to leave a ton of stuff out. i read the book years ago and new they would make a movie out of it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 3:55 PM, AUBwins said:

Released today! Already watched.  Loved it, and liked the way they finished it, but could have definitely used a final season to give things the breathing room to finish the story.  Thought they did a great job of fitting what they did in the 2 hour window.  Sad it's done though. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 3/12/2023 at 3:55 PM, AUBwins said:

On 4/14/2023 at 11:03 PM, Mike4AU said:

Yeah, I also watched it.  First class.  

Watched it over the weekend great movie but it made me miss the series even more...kinda sad. I love to listen to Uhtred speak

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Watched it over the weekend great movie but it made me miss the series even more...kinda sad. I love to listen to Uhtred speak

Perfectly said. Agreed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks fantastic, and had one of Hollywood's fastest rising stars as the female lead.  I like that it's a prequel.  

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 3:02 PM, AUBwins said:

Released today! Already watched.  Loved it, and liked the way they finished it, but could have definitely used a final season to give things the breathing room to finish the story.  Thought they did a great job of fitting what they did in the 2 hour window.  Sad it's done though. 

my favorite show of all time. i was let down by the two hours. Uhtreds daughter was a badass in the last three books as was Uhtreds son. they left her out and dumbed his role down. and the best i can remember in the end of the books Uhtred had all he dreamed of and was looking for. i hope one day bernard revisits them like he does the Sharpe series from time to time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

my favorite show of all time. i was let down by the two hours. Uhtreds daughter was a badass in the last three books as was Uhtreds son. they left her out and dumbed his role down. and the best i can remember in the end of the books Uhtred had all he dreamed of and was looking for. i hope one day bernard revisits them like he does the Sharpe series from time to time.

I am sure it was an expensive show to make, but they could have finished this off right with one last season.  Agreed about the daughter being dropped.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I am sure it was an expensive show to make, but they could have finished this off right with one last season.  Agreed about the daughter being dropped.

i read somewhere that those guys have been doing this for over ten years and wanted to move on. did you get to read the books? he has a trilogy of king arthur and a trilogy of one of the Henry's invading France that is really really good. the king arthur trilogy.  The King Arthur Trilogy: The Winter King, Enemy of God, Excalibur (Warlord Chronicles)

these bad boys are great as well. when i finished that  trilogy i thought someone  finally got it right.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The real impossible mission is to stop making MI movies LOL.  Honestly I like them, but think it is crazy how it has taken over as the modern day Bond movies.

• 2 weeks later...

THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!! As a lover of the game, I'm stoked to see this one.  Good cast with Orlando Bloom and Hopper from Stranger things