Movies

AUBwins

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Sour Grapes recently.  Pretty intriguing.  I like wine & enjoy it with a good meal but I'm not in that category of wine lovers that can discern differences in vineyards or vintages.  Amazing that the subject of the film could con the "experts" & collectors so completely.  You can stream it for free on youtube:  

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, JLaw is awesome in "No Hard Feelings" not only due to the nudity scene that is getting so much press, but damn, she just nails the comedy scenes throughout the movie. She transcends the material. A fine actress.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 3:11 PM, Mike4AU said:

I don’t usually want to watch a horror movie, but this one looks like it will be really good. The Last Voyage of The Demeter. 

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi638305305?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Saw it the other day. I thought it was a pretty decent horror movie.

Similar to a slasher film in that you're not going to get too much more out of it than gore and violence, but it was well produced for what it is. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Time for my yearly 31/31 Horror Movie Extravaganza. If you've been following this thread, you may recognize this theme.

1/31: As Above So Below, a classic in my yearly movie watching. It's not great, but I love the "found footage" aspect of it; and it's just fun.

• Love 1

2/31: Nightmare on Elm Street (1984). The classic Freddy Krueger film that created nightmares for an entire generation of kids (myself included). It's campy, and actually really dumb, but Krueger and his knives and general demeanor are still enough to maintain that he's one of the top horror movie monsters of all time.

• Like 1