He's back again???

AUesquire

We had fun with this about a year ago so I thought I'd throw it out there again. Who are those players that have 10 year scholarships to play for their schools? They HAVE to have used up their eligibility. Any sport goes. Some that come to mind...

I think Matt Jones was only at Arkansas for 8 years so he doesn't count.

Has D.J. Shockley been the back up QB at Georgia since 91' or 92'...I forget.

I watched Arizona and Illinois play the other night and I could have sworn Channing Frye and Saleem Stoudamire played in a couple of NBA AllStar games about 3 years ago. What are they doing back at Arizona?

Justin Britt...6th year, redshirt Junior...right?

When Fred Gibson receives his Social Security check, is that an NCAA violation? I'm not sure. :D

I don't know it seemed like Stan White was here forever.

153289[/snapback]

That's weird. He was only here four years. He started as a true freshman (1990) and played through his senior season (1993). Jason Campbell and Ronnie Brown were here longer than Stan.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I don't know it seemed like Stan White was here forever.

153289[/snapback]

That's weird. He was only here four years. He started as a true freshman (1990) and played through his senior season (1993). Jason Campbell and Ronnie Brown were here longer than Stan.

153307[/snapback]

I thought he was a RS freshman when he led us to a great comeback tie against UT.

i'm breaking from senior project long enough to give a few guys still in college that have clearly been there a looooong time:

myself! seems like forever ago when i was a freshman watching roshard gilyard knock off some cat from wyoming's lid in the opener... geez, i need to graduate.

joseph addai... can any lsu fan honestly tell me that guy wasn't the third stringer way back when kevin faulk was there. i mean he's been 2nd/3rd string since my high school days no doubt.

aj hawk, LB at ohio state. sure, he's an all-american, but didn't he learn everything he knew playing alongside andy katzenmoyer?

through no fault of his own: andre caldwell. seriously, how can one team have a 6'2" receiver that runs a 4.4 forty with the last name caldwell for 7 years in a row and not get investigated by the ncaa? how?

and two guys that were supposed to have their break out year at least 5 years ago: brad smith (QB at mizzou) and max jean-gilles. honestly, i'm tired of waiting for it... i think it's time to graduate.

uat had a rb by the name of Paul Ott Caruthe.<sic> He was "playing" @ uat when I was in grade school and I think he finished up his Senior Season 2 years after I graduated HS. :D

My lovelly bride swears that M. Crittenden played at AU for 10 years.

Anybody named 'Boo' or 'Pig' at Mississippi State.

153309[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

It seemed like Freddie Weygand (sp) Trey Gainous (sp) were here for a while.

It seems like Matt Walsh and Anthony Roberson have been starting for Florida going on 6 years.

Stan White did indeed redshirt in 1989...he was a RS Fr. in 1990.

Glad someone else brought up Jason White...that dude was at OU so long that he was part of Stoops' first recruiting class...2005 will be Stoops' SEVENTH year in Norman.

Jay Barker at Alabama

James Joseph at Auburn

Cedric Cobbs at Arkansas...little bit of trivia: He scored a TD in 5 consecutive opening games.

Danny Wuerffel at Florida...Errict Rhett, too.

Major Applewhite and Chris Simms at Texas.

Carlos Huerta at Miami...it seemed like that dude kicked for them for about a decade.

Slag, you stole my thunder. Huerta kicked field goals in at least 3 different decades for Miami. :P

There was also a "Jackson" at receiver for everyone of Spurrier's teams. Same guy?...coincidence?...I think not.

Ed Scissum played fullback at Bama through most of the late 80's and finally graduated in 98'.

Is Bill Flowers a sophomore or a junior for Ole Miss this upcoming year? I forget.

Anyone remember a forward on the basketball team from Headland Alabama named Franklin "The Governor" Williams?

Played at least 7 years.

153291[/snapback]

That boy had hops! I asked him why he didn't do the college dunk contest and he said he didn't know about it. A shame!

Yeah, White has been there a while. Hasn't he had two redshirts? One when he was a frosh and then the medical when he went down against us and then their backup TORE us up?

Well, BF11, I'm an Auburn grad, but I live in Big XII country and am well familiar with Jason White's lengthy stay in Norman...I think Nate Hybl (a Georgia transfer) took over when White blew out his knee in 2002.

Seems like Tennessee had a running back named Travis every year for a long time...Travis Cozart, Travis Stephens, Travis Henry.

It doesn't seem as long to us because we didn't play Tennessee every year, but Peyton Manning seemed like he was there forever.

Changing sports, but it seemed like Christian Laettner and Bobby Hurley were at Duke for eons...

The offensive tackle who played QB for UK...and Kitchens at Bamar....

:au::homer:

Well, I have only been alive since 1977, but it seems like I only remember two quarterbacks ever at Arkansas. You had Clint Stoerner who started sometime right about the mid 80's and finished up in about 1992. I'm not sure he really ever graduated, I think hotshot redshirt sophomore Matt Jones beat him out of the job in the spring of 1993. Stoerner had a "Grizzly Adams" beard for at least the last five years of his career. With Jones out of the way, I'm wondering if he will come back and be the starter for his senior year this year.

Archived