Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Well if so, they certainly need to develop a different playbook if opposing Christianity is part of it. :-\

One would think...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So do you think Democrats are anti-Christian?

The majority of them.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

So do you think Democrats are anti-Christian?

Not at all. Most are truer Christians than most Repubs, IMHO.

But one thing we have seen is that the Power of Politics is a stronger drug in WDC than any religion will ever be. 

In WDC, the currency they deal in is Power. The air that they breath is $$$. Against that, most religions do not have a chance.

9 hours ago, PUB78 said:

The majority of them.

Wait, the guy who said he hopes RBG dies before 2020 just so a Supreme Court seat opens up is throwing stones about who is and isn't a Christian?

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wait, the guy who said he hopes RBG dies before 2020 just so a Supreme Court seat opens up is throwing stones about who is and isn't a Christian?

Could be her health, she is very old , frail and senile.  Whatever the reason, her removal would be welcomed by conservatives and Christians.

7 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Could be her health, she is very old , frail and senile.  Whatever the reason, her removal would be welcomed by conservatives and Christians.

Again, you're actively hoping for the death of someone all for a judge's seat.  There's nothing Christian about that.  I definitely lean left, am not a religious person, yet I can unequivocally say that I never actively hoped Scalia would die at any point.  I actually thought his voice was a needed one on the SC (as did RBG).

Also, nothing, and I mean nothing, is out there to suggest that RBG is senile.  You may not like the way she views issues, but she's certainly still of sound mind.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Some

Sure, in such a large organization there are undoubtedly a few.  Probably a few on the Republican side as well.

But the real question is do you think Democrats as a whole could be classified as being anti Christian?

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

Nice comment on Christianity. :glare:

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

I agree but as you can see from responses to this, people see what they want to just like in Kavanaugh vs. Ford. You clearly said "removal" and not hoping for her death. One way for removal is simply her resignation due to age and health. I would like that but certainly don't wish for her death.

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

Her stepping down would be welcomed.  Hoping her death would come soon is unChristian.  Period.

7 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I agree but as you can see from responses to this, people see what they want to just like in Kavanaugh vs. Ford. You clearly said "removal" and not hoping for her death. One way for removal is simply her resignation due to age and health. I would like that but certainly don't wish for her death.

No, we see what he said, in context.  Here's the relevant passage:

13 hours ago,  Brad_ATX said: 

Maybe not.  But if the Dems flip the House, Trump gets nothing passed for the next two years.  The only danger in not getting the Senate for Dems is if RBG happens to pass before 2020.

Let’s hope that happens before 2020.

----------

He didn't say "removal."  He responded to someone saying if she passed away before 2020 and he said "Let's hope that happens before 2020."

If he meant removal, then he should have admitted he was wrong in saying the above and correct himself.

I will take my lumps on this one. I do hope she leaves the SC by 2020, but inferring that even by her death, was wrong on my part. 

57 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I will take my lumps on this one. I do hope she leaves the SC by 2020, but inferring that even by her death, was wrong on my part. 

Props for owning up.  That puts you a level higher than many on this forum. :bow:

(I've run out of likes though.)

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Props for owning up.  That puts you a level higher than many on this forum. :bow:

(I've run out of likes though.)

Yes, poor choice of words on my part.  I try to own up when I make mistakes.

One letter addressed to Iowa GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley and California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein -- respectively, the top Republican and Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee -- came from a group of four that identified themselves as classmates of Kavanaugh from Georgetown Prep.

"'Devil's Triangle' was a drinking game we came up with in high school," they wrote. "It was a variation on the game 'Quarters.'"

The four, DeLancey Davis, Bernard McCarthy, Jr., Paul Murray and Matthew Quinn, said while they did not remember where the name came from, none of them used it in the yearbook "to refer to any kind of sexual activity."

"To us, it was just a game with glasses in the shape of a triangle," they wrote. "If the phrase 'Devil's Triangle' had any sexual meaning in the early 1980s, we did not know it."

Greg Aceto and Bill Van Pelt, IV, wrote to Grassley and Feinstein as well. They said in their first year at Boston College they lived with Quinn.

"Matthew taught us a drinking game called 'Devil's Triangle' that he had played with his friends in high school," they wrote. "We did not understand 'Devil's Triangle' to have any sexual meaning. It was simply a game that used cups or glasses of beer placed in the shape of a triangle."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/04/politics/georgetown-prep-devils-triangle/index.html

4 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I appreciate you doing that.  

Question because I don’t know off the top of my head, do justices pre-plan retirements so it does not become political?  I thought I remember hearing that on here years ago.  Thinking about RBG here; can she change her mind if she was scheduled to retire next week or something?!!

5 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Question because I don’t know off the top of my head, do justices pre-plan retirements so it does not become political?  I thought I remember hearing that on here years ago.  Thinking about RBG here; can she change her mind if she was scheduled to retire next week or something?!!

She can do whatever she wants with regards to retirement.  It's a lifetime appointment.  No one has authority to force her retirement even if she said she's done tomorrow and then changed her mind 5 minutes before turning in her robe.

8 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

I think you’d probably find that every single one of them plan when they’ll step down based on their politics. 

Archived