My Thoughts From the Stadium (LSU)

abw0004

6 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

yep, think the coaches are the same way. Young players don't have the fire to win no matter what. They want to win on the surface but overcoming adversity which Gus so boasted about after Washington didn't carry over to this game. You really have to wonder what goes on in coaches meetings during the week.

The only enthusiasm I’ve seen is from the young guys it’s the veterans that I don’t see it from.

4 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

No one talks about the 4th quarter, 12 second, 71 yard one play touchdown drive lsu had. How do you blame the officials for that? If lsu were to score on that drive, after burning 4 or 5 minutes to do it, then there is no time left for a final second 42 yard field goal. Blame the crappy play by the Auburn defensive backs.

Ehhh, as Coach Steele said, that was the first play like that our defense has given us since 2016 against A&M when a missed tackle went like 72 yards for a TD that sealed the game for A&M. One blown play I can forgive. Blatant no calls for LSU versus calling everything on Auburn during the final minutes of a game like this, that's not forgivable. :p

23 hours ago, Linayus said:

The penalties are frustrating - especially when they cost us the game, but the only one that had me absolutely cussing mad was the no-call on LSU that killed our drive and then the refs called the exact same thing on us on the resulting LSU drive to seal the deal. Either you call it both ways or you don't call it at all and let them play freaking football. Grrrrr!!

Exactly, if officiating was at least consistent I believe we walk away with the win. At best, the refs are just bad at their jobs. At worst, they deliberately hindered Auburn's opportunity to seal the game. Either way, this was a [expletive]-show that needs to be addressed by the head office.

Going forward, winning will certainly heal the wound of this loss in the eyes of fans and media alike, but barring an NCAA forfeit, this will be a blemish on our record no matter how we lost it. Fairly or not.

The best thing for us is that the CFP committee has favored us, for whatever reason, and losing by 1 point on a last second FG to a now top 10 team on a day when temperatures reached 120 on the field looks way better to them than just seeing that "L" that would've killed our chances in the BCS era.

Sunshine and rainbows coming at you!! :D

Reading some of these posts makes me think whiskey and rum were brought into the stadium by the barrel. 

W?D?E

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Reading some of these posts makes me think whiskey and rum were brought into the stadium by the barrel. 

W?D?E

Bourbon for me but I was at home.. :D

6 hours ago, autigeremt said:

W?D?E

I was just trying to keep drinking water in that stadium.  I went through so many water bottles, I don’t think I have ever been to a game that hot/humid.

And I didn’t even have the worst of it, the fraternity pledges did in their pledge gear.  I am so glad those days are over with for me.  

On 9/17/2018 at 2:01 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’ll say this and then I’m moving on from LSU to the pigs. My biggest problem was other than our freshmen I’m just not seeing any enthusiasm out of the players. We hit the field like zombies Saturday. You go back to our sucessful year’s and even the later part of last year , those guys came out enthusiastic . Dancing on the sidelines yelling at the fans behind them. Just not seeing that enthusiasm from these guys. They don’t seem to be having fun. That attitude worries more than the Xs and the Os. Attitude is important.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I think our players played their hearts out and deserve our appreciation for the hard work they did in preparation for this this game. The game was taken out of their hands not once, but too many times by the officiating crew.  I have never seen this type of poor officiating in a long time and not just me, but folks in the know far more than myself, saw what I saw and it was disturbing to see the game being taken away from our players. Yes, there were plays like the missed coverage that led to a quick LSU TD, but if you look at the last drive assumed penalties,  the game was taken out of our players hands and into the hip pocket of the referees.

I would have rather seen a long TD bomb by LSU to win the game then we at least would have  a valid reason for losing the game.  

On 9/17/2018 at 11:01 AM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’ll say this and then I’m moving on from LSU to the pigs. My biggest problem was other than our freshmen I’m just not seeing any enthusiasm out of the players. We hit the field like zombies Saturday. You go back to our sucessful year’s and even the later part of last year , those guys came out enthusiastic . Dancing on the sidelines yelling at the fans behind them. Just not seeing that enthusiasm from these guys. They don’t seem to be having fun. That attitude worries more than the Xs and the Os. Attitude is important.

I am not being a jerk here at all, but we’re you at the game? I’ve never been so miserable at a game in my life. I’m one to stand up, scream on every play, not just third down. I was so hot I felt sick most of the game. Tiger walk was the same way.  I’m not using this as any excuse relative to the outcome of the game bc it was hot for everyone.  But jumping up and down wasn’t as easy as normal. I thought they were plenty fired up for Washington but that was air conditioning:). 

I am not talking about at the end of the game I’m talking about warm up and early on . Yes it was hot nobody is saying it wasn’t. What I said was they did not look like they were having fun. It’s the demeanor that I am referring too. 

Look, we make one of those 2 field goal opportunities we had and we win by 2!

Archived