Good article on Ark. Matt Jones

Ravad

The Freak

Some have called him the most "intriguing" player in the draft. Or, as one personnel director asked me last week, "How's The Freak?"

Jones is a freak. Let's just remind you of his measurables again, as now officially recorded from his scouting combine and pro day workouts.

Height: 6-6¼

Weight: 242

40 time (hand-timed): 4.37 and 4.39

40 time (electronic): 4.40

Vertical jump: 39.5 inches

Standing broad jump: 10 feet, 9 inches

I remember when we were preparing to play them this year, he was the only thing our coaches talked about and prepared for.

He was really good... all 9 years he was at Arky.

153578[/snapback]

HA! HA! :D

It just SEEMED like 9 years because he started all 7 seasons he was at Arkansas.

The Freak
Some have called him the most "intriguing" player in the draft. Or, as one personnel director asked me last week, "How's The Freak?"

Jones is a freak. Let's just remind you of his measurables again, as now officially recorded from his scouting combine and pro day workouts.

Height: 6-6¼

Weight: 242

40 time (hand-timed): 4.37 and 4.39

40 time (electronic): 4.40

Vertical jump: 39.5 inches

Standing broad jump: 10 feet, 9 inches

I remember when we were preparing to play them this year, he was the only thing our coaches talked about and prepared for.

153575[/snapback]

Those numbers are incrediable.

i think mort is right. he's got to be one of the most game changing players i've ever watched. i was too young to remember hearing coach speak when bo was here, but that's always how i imagine folks talking about us... "well, you know the defense is unreal, but the problem is bo could beat you on any play." matt's one of the best players in this draft, and he'll be a pro bowler at wideout.

I remeber back in the early 80's. Coach Dooley stated that "We are gonna' run Hershel at 'em 30-35 times per game. IF they can stop him, they can beat us."

"They" couldn't. :D

Bo was the same type player. One of the ALL_TIME Greats!

He was really good... all 9 years he was at Arky.

153578[/snapback]

Ken Hatfield sure did recruit a winner in Jones. :roflol:

I figured Holtz recruited Matt Jones...MJ and Roland Sales made a hell of a backfield tandem.

Jones was definitely one of those "He's STILL there?" guys...I know I had him leaving a year earlier than he did. I still don't think he's a first-round guy, but his stock is soaring right now.

Archived