Criticism from Stidham's Camp

Farmer Brown

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

Agree we have a coaching problem..but we also have a QB problem.. The calls were there.. the WRS were open..QB couldn’t hit them.. in fact he wasn’t close.. and he has done this all season.. that wasn’t coached out of him.... qb1 owns that.. he hasn’t looked good since the Washington game... 

Honest question.. how can you blame a head coach or any coach for that matter for badly over throwing open receivers? Seriously.. did he forget how to play qb? 

Looks like we agree that there is plenty of blame to go around. I've been very critical of Stidham. What I contend, though, is that his "camp" might still have some valid complaints.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, alexava said:

A speed receiver was at least 15-20 yards past any other human being not wearing a striped uniform holding a whistle. The only way that doesn’t work is to OVERTHROW him. He managed to overthrow him. The play call was genius. The execution was too except for one guy. We don’t have to beat him up repeatedly over it but You can’t put that on anyone else. 

Not arguing that at all.  Stidham overthrew him; just said I know why he did.  If you run the mirror of that play and Stidham gets the toss moving to his right, I doubt he overthrows him.  I don't know that, but it would be harder for him to overthrow the guy while moving to his right.  Just physics and mechanics.

And you could also underthrow him aka Ricardo Louis in MBCS game against FSU.  Just say'in.;)

6 hours ago, keesler said:

Tubs only moved on because of the Nick Saban effect (and Tubs wasn't the only HC in this conference to do so) - - and while some teams may have been down, UF Urban Meyer & LSU Les Miles were winning NCs when Saban arrived.   Really the SEC was ruling college ball when NS came in and it's still pretty much still ruling college football today. 

I do agree that AU needs to find a HC to build a sustainable program, but it's not going to happen any time soon.

Think you might want to check back when nick came in Tubby was going out already because of a dumb hire in frankly. Meyers wasn’t winning before Saben got here and Les inherited a program from Nick. Phil was leaving UT after a pretty sucessful run. ATM had a year with JM and AU has a year with Cam.  Meyers had couple of years with Tebow. But the east pretty much was crap . Remember nick seldom see an undefeated year . But if he can just stay inside the top ten espn and ncaa work really hard to get him in a final game for a one shot game. 

10 hours ago, boomstick said:

He’s reliable in the sense that he has access, solid sources, and wouldn’t just blatantly make it up. But he’s always had a negative tone towards the program IMO. I think he dislikes Gus’s restrictive policies and actions towards the media. So, I wouldn’t be shocked to find out he juiced that story up just a bit with a little more negativity or omitted sources that said the issues were overblown and not a big deal. He’s looking to stir the pot in the Auburn world IMO and has succeeded. 

That’s not to say there aren’t issues in the locker room, but it seems like a bit of a pot shot at the program to get this info just after a loss and then publish this a day or two later. It would be a lot more alarming to me had this been written after the Southern Miss win. 

You do realize he probably got the most inside interview ever with Malzahn and Allen Greene to top that. There is no way he hates Gus. He is a reporter his job is to share info he receives. Not sure why everyone thinks BM has an ax to grind with AU. 

11 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You do realize he probably got the most inside interview ever with Malzahn and Allen Greene to top that. There is no way he hates Gus. He is a reporter his job is to share info he receives. Not sure why everyone thinks BM has an ax to grind with AU. 

I actually agree with you.  Marcello is NOTHING like Crepea.  I just think he calls it like he (and frankly most of us) sees it.  He says a lot of what we're thinking....

10 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Not arguing that at all.  Stidham overthrew him; just said I know why he did.  If you run the mirror of that play and Stidham gets the toss moving to his right, I doubt he overthrows him.  I don't know that, but it would be harder for him to overthrow the guy while moving to his right.  Just physics and mechanics.

And you could also underthrow him aka Ricardo Louis in MBCS game against FSU.  Just say'in.;)

Then you blame the receiver too for not adjusting to the ball. It’s possible to slow down. not possible to turn on nitrous oxide burners. 

12 minutes ago, alexava said:

Then you blame the receiver too for not adjusting to the ball. It’s possible to slow down. not possible to turn on nitrous oxide burners. 

Whew. Dude overthrew Anthony Schwartz

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Whew. Dude overthrew Anthony Schwartz

That was only by a couple steps.  He also had Salmanela down the left side and threw it way out of the end zone. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

No, Stidham flat out overthrew him.  I just said I understand why.  I don't understand why we have him moving left so often in called plays though.  Especially when he's gotten gun shy and started to chuck and duck.  Moving left magnifies it.

3 hours ago, alexava said:

That was only by a couple steps.  He also had Salmanela down the left side and threw it way out of the end zone. 

But how do you overthrow quite realistically the fastest WR in the country? Literal world-class speed. He has the gifts to run under anything...well almost anything I guess

He’ll still get drafted bc he’ll be the best combine QB in AU history. He’s basically Christian Hackenberg. Some gm/coach will convince themselves that can rebuild his confidence and get the best out of him

34 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

No, Stidham flat out overthrew him.  I just said I understand why.  I don't understand why we have him moving left so often in called plays though.  Especially when he's gotten gun shy and started to chuck and duck.  Moving left magnifies it.

Kinda like the underperforming OL. You can't fix it but there are ways to mitigate it. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Kinda like the underperforming OL. You can't fix it but there are ways to mitigate it. 

You mean if you are calling an offense that your team, as a whole is having difficulty executing, you can adjust your offense? Big, if true...

Look how fast he gets rid of the ball. Look how the ball travels an intermediate distance. Look at the drag route that was open, too. This was when Chip was there.

Image result for arizona state football offense 2016 gif

On 10/8/2018 at 9:54 PM, corchjay said:

I loved Tubs but Tubs also took business personal and thumbed his nose at certain power people.  

Agreed, I'm usually the first to say both sides handled it poorly and it effected the program.  If all those power hungry rednecks would've just gotten behind the program and Tubs wouldn't have been so defensive and unwilling to make changes at assistant positions something special could've happened. 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:02 PM, OnthePlains said:

I would also add that Tubs generally did more with less recruiting wise while Gus is certainly doing less with more.

That's probably true to an extent but with the way that recruiting coverage has changed their are less unidentified "diamonds in the rough".  S. Marks probably doesn't go unnoticed with the around the clock recruiting coverage these days.

On 10/8/2018 at 10:14 PM, OnthePlains said:

Tubs may have been lazy recruiting but that doesn’t change the fact he took less talented players and i proved them whereas our current coach is under utilizing talented players.

I don't see how anyone can compare the 2 and with a straight face try to say Gus' is a better program manager and football coach.

Archived