Criticism from Stidham's Camp

Farmer Brown

1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

Jarrett didn't post it. Nor did any Auburn player. Sounds like dumb millennial twitter crap.

It was the brother of his guardian who tweeted that, not a millenial. You can go to his twitter page. I saw the tweet before it was deleted. I guess Stidham's family think that Gus and company are dumb. I tend to agree.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

It was the brother of his guardian who tweeted that, not a millenial. You can go to his twitter page. I saw the tweet before it was deleted. I guess Stidham's family think that Gus and company are dumb. I tend to agree.

Gus is hardly dumb.........dumb like a fox maybe.

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Gus is hardly dumb.........dumb like a fox maybe.

Well, not stupid, but dumb in the sense of trying to do something over and over that isn't working.

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Sweeeeet, we've entered the rumor-filled internal dissent phase that often accompanies a dumpster fire season.  

Never fails does it? 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Never fails does it? 

I mean at least this season has it. 2015 and 2016 lacked it and were just boring.  At least this way, we have a car crash we can eat popcorn and watch the next two months. :popcorn: 

6 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Sweeeeet, we've entered the rumor-filled internal dissent phase that often accompanies a dumpster fire season.  

I just simply copied the stuff from an article that quoted some of Stidham's acquaintances. I don't know if there is anything going on in the locker room. I can see what is going on on the field.

2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I mean at least this season has it. 2015 and 2016 lacked it and were just boring.  At least this way, we have a car crash we can eat popcorn and watch the next two months. :popcorn: 

some might say a bus crash, lol

40 minutes ago, aucosby said:

The guy has no business going pro.  It’s sad they can’t see he is part of the problem 

Family members not necessarily objective on matters of that type and not helping JS with such comments.  

17 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

If there is anything to be learned from the recent political events, it is that anyone can say anything and no one can ever really know if it is true or not. There's no such thing as truth in the media anymore, just sensationalism. There may be a grain of truth here or there,. but you can never be truly sure of it. Besides, these days, people believe what they want to believe and disregard what may be true or not. Everyone has their own version of the truth. The lesson learned is to not get too comfortable with one side of the story. It could all be smoke and mirrors.

Sorry, I'm feeling kind of cynical today...

Wow that's pretty existential depressing stuff. I think I need a shower..

12 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Well, not stupid, but dumb in the sense of trying to do something over and over that isn't working.

Gus is just in over his head. Peter Principle. Now the AU administration giving him that contract, you could make a case for dumb

12 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Yeah I’ve seen this movie too many times at Auburn. Name the last Auburn coach who went out on his own terms with no controversy....

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

??? I guess I'm dumb.

Think 'dumpster fire'

This isn’t new for family members or those related to say these things.  If you recall Jalen Hurts’ father calling Jalen the biggest free agent in college football if he transfers.  It is their way to put pressure on the coaches so the coaches will in turn act to get the attention off of them.

One thing Gus can do, is keep his team focused and tune out the outside noise. No matter what, his team does keep fighting, even if the product on the field isn’t up to par.

17 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah I’ve seen this movie too many times at Auburn. Name the last Auburn coach who went out on his own terms with no controversy....

Is it something in the water in Lee County?

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

Is it something in the water in Lee County?

Maybe so. I mean truthfully a lot of programs struggle finding the right coach but it does seem these situations are worse at Auburn and that a program of our tradition and history shouldn’t have to go through this all the damn time.

36 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

One thing Gus can do, is keep his team focused and tune out the outside noise. No matter what, his team does keep fighting, even if the product on the field isn’t up to par.

This may be put to the test this year...

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Maybe so. I mean truthfully a lot of programs struggle finding the right coach but it does seem these situations are worse at Auburn and that a program of our tradition and history shouldn’t have to go through this all the damn time.

JMO and I've been around a long time...but our history and tradition is spotty at best.  We have been an up and down team going all the way back to my campus days.

Mostly we accepted our fate as the not- state name university  which is a pretty hard place to be considering we are in the same state with a corrupt football factory.  

We rejoiced with our occasional top 5 or top 10 finishes but did not come to expect those kind of seasons as our due....and usually tolerated the 8 or 9 win seasons that followed a really good season but after a couple of those disappointments we pulled the plug and the new coach usually produced  a couple good years in return...and then it was time to do it again.     Sounds like we might be there once again. .  

Archived