Criticism from Stidham's Camp

Farmer Brown

Just now, OnthePlains said:

I don’t disagree with any of that. I guess I just believe if we could get the meddlers to stop meddling and find the right coach we could rise above that. 

Good point....but IMO, the meddlers are always out there waiting to meddle.....as long as things are going well, they are reasonably quiet but like now, it's hard to keep folks who put big money into the program from wanting to exercise their influence.  Probably like that at most state schools.....but it's definitely an issue. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

In 10 and 11 game seasons though.  Much different than today's game of 12-14 games/season.  Look at percentages, not totals.

Auburn Tigers (Southeastern Conference) (1999–2008)
1999 Auburn 5–6 2–6 5th (Western)      
2000 Auburn 9–4 6–2 1st (Western) L Florida Citrus 20 18
2001 Auburn 7–5 5–3 T–1st (Western) L Peach    
2002 Auburn 9–4 5–3 T–2nd (Western)[n 1] W Capital One 16 14
2003 Auburn 8–5 5–3 3rd (Western) W Music City    
2004 Auburn 13–0 8–0 1st (Western) W Sugar 2 2
2005 Auburn 9–3 7–1 T–1st (Western) L Capital One 14 14
2006 Auburn 11–2 6–2 T–2nd (Western) W Cotton 8 9
2007 Auburn 9–4 5–3 2nd (Western) W Chick-fil-A 14 15
2008 Auburn 5–7 2–6 T–4th (Western)      
Auburn: 85–40 52–30

2 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Not sure there is evidence other than what I’ve heard and been told. There isn’t anything written that I can point you to. I have some friends who have connections to some offensive coaches. And I know that Gus and Chip come from significantly different offensive backgrounds. 

Was chip here as an analyst under Gus or chiz? I can’t remember their previous connection 

2 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

In 10 and 11 game seasons though.  Much different than today's game of 12-14 games/season.  Look at percentages, not totals.

nope...mostly 12 or 13 game seasons....only 11 game seasons were when we did not make bowl games.   And I was commenting on consistency.  He had a nice hot streak with Bo and the boys.....but after that...kinda back to normal. . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Dye

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

nope...mostly 12 or 13 game seasons....only 11 game seasons were when we did not make bowl games.   And I was commenting on consistency.  He had a nice hot streak with Bo and the boys.....but after that...kinda back to normal. . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Dye

I disagree...after Bo we had 3 out of 4 seasons with 10 wins and the one that wasn’t was a 9 win season with two ties. We also reeled off three straight SEC titles and had two Sugar Bowl appearances.  From 83-91 we were 75-19. Thats pretty darn good. 

Tubs run from 04-06 was nice too. Two 10+ win seasons with a 9 in between. Over those 3 seasons we had a ridiculous road win streak and were very good against top 10 opponents. 

Great things can be done at Auburn but we need a coach who can handle both success and adversity. 

15 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Well you seem to be one of the level headed ones around, so I trust your judgment (and I’m certainly no expert by any means). Think I’m letting that Marcello article get in my head. I guess I want our QB to at least look like it matters......of course, some would say the same thing about the coach.

Don’t get me wrong. Stidham has not played well. And there’s probably some truth to the Marcello info. His mistakes are just uber magnified, and he’s an easy target for everyone to vent their frustrations. 

48 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I believe you're right if B Marshmallow is correct with his findings.

FWIW, lots of players posting what I will call brotherhood posts on IG. Malik Willis is one of them - straight up supporting JS and saying they win and lose as a team. 

13 minutes ago, corchjay said:
Auburn Tigers (Southeastern Conference) (1999–2008)
1999 Auburn 5–6 2–6 5th (Western)      
2000 Auburn 9–4 6–2 1st (Western) L Florida Citrus 20 18
2001 Auburn 7–5  5–3 T–1st (Western) L Peach    
2002 Auburn 9–4 5–3 T–2nd (Western)[n 1] W Capital One 16 14
2003 Auburn 8–5 5–3 3rd (Western) W Music City    
2004 Auburn 13–0 8–0 1st (Western) W Sugar 2 2
2005 Auburn 9–3 7–1 T–1st (Western) L Capital One 14 14
2006 Auburn 11–2 6–2 T–2nd (Western) W Cotton 8 9
2007 Auburn 9–4 5–3 2nd (Western) W Chick-fil-A 14 15
2008 Auburn 5–7 2–6 T–4th (Western)      
Auburn: 85–40 52–30

man, we laid some turds in 01 and 03 to riddle my rose colored memories with some truth.  I think I got heat stroke at that USC game in 01.  I'll blame the memory problems on that...

11 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Was chip here as an analyst under Gus or chiz? I can’t remember their previous connection 

Gus. He was here for the 2013 season. 

21 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I definitely have never thrown any football 😬. I actually think I don’t remember the play correctly bc I thought the ball was flipped back to him. Did not remember him rolling.  Most of you are much more knowledgeable relative to the details.  I’m just a 40 year fan. Never played.

Tossed to him as he was running to his left.  Very easy to over juice the ball as your torso turns right and then left to aid the throw.

Chip and Gus are friends and respect each other but Gus is the boss.  At the end of the year there will be some decisions to be made by both i'm sure.  But for now we still have half of a season to go.  

3 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Gus. He was here for the 2013 season. 

So maybe I’m wondering why he wouldn’t already know how Gus is? Has Gus changed that much? He seemed eager to come here.  Maybe Gus gets really different under stress. Let’s face it, no one was expecting much in 2013, so not near as much stress.

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Gus is making me miss Tubbs. The Franklin deal was a fiasco, but maybe Tubbs could have turned it around.

If Tubs would've bought in, fired Nall and Knox and replaced them with Neal Brown and Calloway or someone else competent, he probably would've lasted 3-4 more years.  Our recruiting $$$ opened up for Chizik, so they could've done the same for Tubs.  Everyone involved with Tubs last few years is to blame, no side handled his career at AU well at all.

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

So maybe I’m wondering why he wouldn’t already know how Gus is? Has Gus changed that much? He seemed eager to come here.  Maybe Gus gets really different under stress. Let’s face it, no one was expecting much in 2013, so not near as much stress.

$800k/year & 3 Year guarantee to move back closer to the family and where your natural recruiting areas are the reasons I'm guessing he came.

1 minute ago, thrustmaxwell said:

If Tubs would've bought in, fired Nall and Knox and replaced them with Neal Brown and Calloway or someone else competent, he probably would've lasted 3-4 more years.  Our recruiting $$$ opened up for Chizik, so they could've done the same for Tubs.  Everyone involved with Tubs last few years is to blame, no side handled his career at AU well at all.

I loved Tubs but Tubs also took business personal and thumbed his nose at certain power people.  

5 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Tossed to him as he was running to his left.  Very easy to over juice the ball as your torso turns right and then left to aid the throw.

Now that I've watched that play again.. Stidham was already preparing to be hit and never set his feet. Just literally heaved it downfield (no touch) and immediately started ducking because he knew he was going to get hit.

1 minute ago, Linayus said:

Now that I've watched that play again.. Stidham was already preparing to be hit and never set his feet. Just literally heaved it downfield (no touch) and immediately started ducking because he knew he was going to get hit.

Yep, that caused him to rush it and he got way to much body into it.

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Chip and Gus are friends and respect each other but Gus is the boss.  At the end of the year there will be some decisions to be made by both i'm sure.  But for now we still have half of a season to go.  

Thanks Capn 

2504D1BB-D7B2-44D0-BC31-12E820A68768.jpeg

9 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

I would also add that Tubs generally did more with less recruiting wise while Gus is certainly doing less with more.

11 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

The recruiting money opened for Chiz because he wasn't a lazy recruiter.  Tubs was.  People love to say "Tubs did less with more", but that's his own damn fault.  No one forced him to go duck hunting in December every year while everyone else was out recruiting.  Ugh, thinking about the Tubby years makes me sick.  So many wasted opportunities.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The recruiting money opened for Chiz because he wasn't a lazy recruiter.  Tubs was.  People love to say "Tubs did less with more", but that's his own damn fault.  No one forced him to go duck hunting in December every year while everyone else was out recruiting.  Ugh, thinking about the Tubby years makes me sick.  So many wasted opportunities.

Tubs may have been lazy recruiting but that doesn’t change the fact he took less talented players and i proved them whereas our current coach is under utilizing talented players.

Archived