GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Tennessee

RunInRed

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Question to all who are now done with Gus?  Why now?

Culmination. There have been embarrassing losses but I would say this trumps them all. Last time we were beat by a team this bad was 2015 Arkansas. We've seen over the course of 6 years 4 different seasons where AU has been in the playoff run in November. That's enough to keep a coach around if he's got a team right there. The problem has finally come full circle. We are probably going to get shut out on offense in the second half to a team that has, frankly, a below average defense. I don't think it's been this bad yet. I think we've played some crappy games but its been primarily against teams who actually have some form of talent and a fighting chance to beat us. Tennessee has no business coming into JHS and steamrolling us. That's my issue. I just don't think it's been quite this bad yet but now that it has, this is the last straw on the camel's back in my view. 

This is ... stupid. We're only down by 2 scores and instead of throwing towards the sidelines we're throwing in the middle of the field. We should be at least *trying* to move down the field with urgency and trying to score here.

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Well I have a freaking Prime Rib coming of the smoker soon. Things are bad but not that bad

THAT'S what I'm talking about....focus on the positive!

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

This is ... stupid. We're only down by 2 scores and instead of throwing towards the sidelines we're throwing in the middle of the field. We should be at least *trying* to move down the field with urgency and trying to score here.

Exactly what I said!  Not even trying.

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Well I have a freaking Prime Rib coming of the smoker soon. Things are bad but not that bad

Do you live in Huntsville ? asking for a friend.....

Just now, Auctoritas said:

Where were these intermediate passes all game?!

Well Tennessee isn’t blitzing and playing prevent...

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Don't be so sensitive. Someone making a joke you don't agree with doesn't make them a jerk. 

The real jerk today is the guy that took our Alma Mater for 50 mil. 

You don't get to tell me that. Mansplaining an offensive remark is definitely not necessary. Defending that kind of crap is just as bad as saying it and laughing. 

Just now, Auctoritas said:

Where were these intermediate passes all game?!

Gus only calls intermediate routes when he needs to take risks..like at the end of the game

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Even more stupid is that the middle of the field was nonexistent before that. It's laughable how dumb this crap is.

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but if we lose out, there has to be a chance he can be fired. Only winning 4 games is really bad and I have to believe the big money boosters will pony up that money.

It's really easy to spend other people's money.

Just now, DAG said:

Well Tennessee isn’t blitzing and playing prevent...

I'm thinking more about routes, not completions. We ran deep balls and slow developing plays all game

Archived