Data on how predictable we are on Offense...

GwillMac6

10 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

I am not defending the dude- but how did he beat georgia and bama last year. Seriously...

I’m not sure that Saben didn’t think losing to AU and not having to face uga till the final game wasn’t a good deal. Remember he plays for rings not won loss records. Plus the fans in AU made it very hard for them. We don’t get that luxury this year.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, DAG said:

I wonder what Gus and Chip interaction is like. There is no way two offensive minds can’t see this 

I'm not sure they interact 

18 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’m not sure that Saben didn’t think losing to AU and not having to face uga till the final game wasn’t a good deal. Remember he plays for rings not won loss records. Plus the fans in AU made it very hard for them. We don’t get that luxury this year.

What???? Are we on the same planet? Alabama gave us the game so they didn’t have to play Georgia twice??? Seriously!! And bama doesn’t care about wins or loses???   Hopefully this was a joke and I took it wrong.   But if this were your true thoughts, this kind of thinking is so off and misplaced.   

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Our offense obviously scouts our opponents. The proof is in most games the scripted plays work very well and, like Saturday, we drive down and score with ease.  After the first possession is the problem, in fact, we usually fail to score, like Saturday, in the 3rd Qtr and the opponent has the opportunity to either close the gap or take the lead (see this year’s LSU game).

Like other Gus trends, it is very disturbing. 

but there is no plan after the scripted plays and the opponent figures it out quickly and adjusts.

33 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

What???? Are we on the same planet? Alabama gave us the game so they didn’t have to play Georgia twice??? Seriously!! And bama doesn’t care about wins or loses???   Hopefully this was a joke and I took it wrong.   But if this were your true thoughts, this kind of thinking is so off and misplaced.   

Obviously saban didn't care about beating Auburn. ...he left Jalen in and saved Tua for thUga.

:beer2:

I can’t even reply in these threads anymore. I just read with my mouth open. We are so bad and Auburn is a circus. We have to fire him. Does anyone think Gus might be intentionally sabotaging his OC. 

8 hours ago, auburnphan said:

the fact that Chip can"t find a play and needs to call a timeout says it all.

Having observed Gus on multiple occasions seeming to go off at somebody on the Headset, I would not be at all surprised to find out that Gus discovered that Chip was deviating from the Divine Call he wanted and caused that situation to happen! It would be in keeping with his "I Am the Most Wonderful Play Calling Head Coach in the World" mentality.

41 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

but there is no plan after the scripted plays and the opponent figures it out quickly and adjusts.

Exactly my point.  I’m not sure he knows how to get out of the rut he has made for himself.

46 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Been this way for YEARS guys - he's done this for years - nothing's changed in this regard.

13 hours ago, Win4AU said:

You guys fell for this hook line and sinker just like Kirby and Saban will when Gus breaks all tendencies and the greatest offense in college football history is unleashed for the last 2 SEC games of the season.  7-5 will be super sweet playing a mid level Big 10 team in Nashvegas.  Who needs the playoffs when you can beat your two biggest rivals!  

uhy.gif

How can Gus even want to attach his name to such predictability? He's literally stuck on doing this type of easy to defend BS. I can't imagine how pissed Lindsey is. 

4 hours ago, wcware said:

I can’t even reply in these threads anymore. I just read with my mouth open. We are so bad and Auburn is a circus. We have to fire him. Does anyone think Gus might be intentionally sabotaging his OC. 

Intentionally sabotaging his OC would require planning and a clear direction.  I think we know Gus isn't one for that.

I have been typing for 30 minutes and......well......this is all I have to post.

Here's to finishing 9-3 and winning the Citrus bowl over Wisconsin for 10 wins.

16 hours ago, tdburger said:

Great question. I was wondering that myself.  I do not know other than we had different  players playing. I'm not smart enough to attribute to head coaching.

He's playing for the Detriot Lions. And we had an Oline. 

6 hours ago, aubaseball said:

What part of I’m not sure in the first line did you not comprehend ? Of course I’m sure you are pretty experienced at football. Yea just like an NFL team that rest it’s players when the game doesn’t matter. I didn’t say he threw  the game but probably didn’t go full bore. Wonder why UGA came back and cleaned our plow in the SEC game ?

16 hours ago, Win4AU said:
17 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

I am not defending the dude- but how did he beat georgia and bama last year. Seriously...

Because when the Gus offense works it’s hard to stop.  When it doesn’t you get this year.

i think this is probably correct. but it is also predicated on a STRONG oline. it seems like we have not recruited or not landed big time oline players in 2-3 cycles. even if you have great skill players (which i think we have) it doesn't matter because the qb can't stay up right.

Gus just can't keep it all together. to many things he has to keep up with. in other words, he is in over his head.

Not to worry y'all!!!

Just saw the opening few lines of Gus' press conference and I now feel SUPER confident.

He said there will be "some tweaks" but Stidham is still the starter.

Phew, I was worried he might actually change something but I feel better knowing it's just some tweaks coming...

Why doesn't a journalist ask questions regarding tendencies and provide specific numbers like this?

I'd like to see his justification for the tendencies or if he even realizes it.

On 10/15/2018 at 7:42 PM, Shift said:

And, I refuse to believe that the coaches don't see/recognize their own tendencies.  The real question is why don't they do something about it?

He doesn't know how to adapt. In 2009 we put up 432 yards per game on offense, good for second best in the SEC. This year we're at 376 yards per game, so it's down about 50 yards, not terrible, but a little lower than 2009. The biggest difference is other teams have adapted over the years and changed their offense. Our 2009 offense that ranked second with 432 yards per game would rank 6th now. 

Bottom line is other offenses have adapted, and Gus is not adapting.

43 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

Why doesn't a journalist ask questions regarding tendencies and provide specific numbers like this?

I'd like to see his justification for the tendencies or if he even realizes it.

Because these media guys don't want to jeopardize their press passes. I have to think they all want to ask because it would receive an avalanche of clicks but simply don't want to cross the line

2 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

He doesn't know how to adapt. In 2009 we put up 432 yards per game on offense, good for second best in the SEC. This year we're at 376 yards per game, so it's down about 50 yards, not terrible, but a little lower than 2009. The biggest difference is other teams have adapted over the years and changed their offense. Our 2009 offense that ranked second with 432 yards per game would rank 6th now. 

Bottom line, is other offenses have adapted, and Gus has and is not adapting.

Funniest part about it is there a lot of programs running updated and improved 2018 versions of his own damn offense while the man who wrote the book himself is struggling to figure out how to get first downs. Unreal. 

22 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Because these media guys don't want to jeopardize their press passes. I have to think they all want to ask because it would receive an avalanche of clicks but simply don't want to cross the line

exactly. the local beat hacks cannot risk asking questions like that. It would have to be a national guy.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Funniest part about it is there a lot of programs running updated and improved 2018 versions of his own damn offense while the man who wrote the book himself is struggling to figure out how to get first downs. Unreal. 

That is funny.

No... wait....NOT funny!  AT ALL!!!

🤬

Archived