Data on how predictable we are on Offense...

GwillMac6

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AURealist said:

Well, somebody head over to Gus' house and tell him.  You know he'll never figure this stuff out on his own.

This is soooooo true.

25 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

I am not defending the dude- but how did he beat georgia and bama last year. Seriously...

The games were not important to bama or uga.  They were preparing for bigger things.  Same thing this year.

32 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

I am not defending the dude- but how did he beat georgia and bama last year. Seriously...

Great question. I was wondering that myself.  I do not know other than we had different  players playing. I'm not smart enough to attribute to head coaching.

38 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Because when the Gus offense works it’s hard to stop.  When it doesn’t you get this year.

10 minutes ago, AURealist said:

The games were not important to bama or uga.  They were preparing for bigger things.  Same thing this year.

This is a head scratcher to me.

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

This is a head scratcher to me.

Nick and Kirby were looking ahead to post-season play.  We beat them both last year and yet both advanced.  

It will be the same this year.  If we beat both this year, they will still advance and we, of course, will not.

Both teams should give their second team players plenty of play time against us.  Maybe they save Gus' job - the perfect way to screw us.

5 hours ago, DAG said:

I wonder what Gus and Chip interaction is like. There is no way two offensive minds can’t see this 

the fact that Chip can"t find a play and needs to call a timeout says it all.

4 hours ago, AURealist said:

Maybe for bama (although, I can't see a way we beat them).

But uga can't afford another loss (especially one to us), IMO. And they'll possibly lose to UF or UK. 

7 hours ago, around4ever said:

The answer to your questions is easy.  Gus is too stubborn to understand that everybody knows his offense now and have schemed to stop it.  He still believes that his plan and plays can't be stopped when executed perfectly.  Chip sees it but Gus won't listen to him or anybody else.  

You forgot he believes he's the smartest coach around so he can outsmart them all

We all know how Gus would reply to this issue. "We just need to execute." He publicly says the right words about accepting responsibility, but when he repeatedly says "we just need to execute" and "we need to get better," what he is really doing is saying the scheme and play-calling are good, it's all on the players. There's plenty of criticism to go around, but there is no questioning the amount of responsibility the coaches are shrugging off with these kinds of comments.

6 minutes ago, AURex said:

We all know how Gus would reply to this issue. "We just need to execute." He publicly says the right words about accepting responsibility, but when he repeatedly says "we just need to execute" and "we need to get better," what he is really doing is saying the scheme and play-calling are good, it's all on the players. There's plenty of criticism to go around, but there is no questioning the amount of responsibility the coaches are shrugging off with these kinds of comments.

I can say he definitely does not think its his offensive system his been running the last 6 years

6 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Is there no one in the media with the cajones  to point blank question him about this??

I believe Marcello will ask him about this today.

4 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Maybe for bama (although, I can't see a way we beat them).

But uga can't afford another loss (especially one to us), IMO. And they'll possibly lose to UF or UK. 

Being undefeated is a team's best scenario (bama) and being undefeated in your division is second-best.   You are correct that it won't apply if  uga loses a game to UK or UF, but they won't.  At least, not this year.  uga has had their wake-up call and the corresponding attitude adjustments have been made.  

13 hours ago, weagl1 said:

I often wondered why they are so reluctant to throw in the middle of the field.  Fear of interceptions?  Some teams make a living off quick slants.

lol  fear no more,  we get interceptions on short passes along the side line.  Might as well expand that statistic 

This is amazing. This isn't even a TV guy throwing his opinion out there, he's speaking on direct facts.

If I cared any more I would like to see the all 22 video as I suspect there are additional tendencies that are far more egregious.

I'd love to have an off field offensive staff job for this program, those guys are obviously watching UltraMan re-runs.... self scouting is so twentieth century.

This is so very sad.  And it reminds me of that grass chewing fool at LSU a couple of years ago when he said that they don't prepare/scheme for the other team.  They just prepare to execute their plays.  So dumb.

This is obvious unfortunately.   Anyone remember when we didn't substitute and went fast every down?  Anyone remember how upset Gus used to get when the refs allowed the other team to substitute when they shouldn't have been able to?  This seemed to be part of what made us successful.  Now, we see 4 running backs on one drive, and the defense puts in guys who match our tendencies.

does Auburn even scout teams like this? Some teams that are ranked high all the time have scores of assistants pouring over film, statistics, personnel, weather conditions every minute detail for months on each team they play and then report back to the coaches.

Auburn operates in a tiny box and can't see beyond it. If uat doesn't score 50 points on Auburn it will be a miracle.(and you can bet  they will darn sure try to score at least that many) Ole Miss might score that many as well.

In any case whatever Auburn does this weekend has to be dramatically different than anything we have seen so far.

When Marcelo did his driving around Auburn interview with Gus, one thing stood out at me and not in a good way. Marcello asked about his playbook and he said some coach had asked him how many plays he had and it’s was something like 200. The coach told him that was way too many and he needed to focus on running 5-6 really well. That coach clearly hated Gus and wanted to see him fail, but Gus loved the idea and here we are. I do wonder when that exchange occurred though.

11 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

does Auburn even scout teams like this? Some teams that are ranked high all the time have scores of assistants pouring over film, statistics, personnel, weather conditions every minute detail for months on each team they play and then report back to the coaches.

Auburn operates in a tiny box and can't see beyond it. If uat doesn't score 50 points on Auburn it will be a miracle.(and you can bet  they will darn sure try to score at least that many) Ole Miss might score that many as well.

In any case whatever Auburn does this weekend has to be dramatically different than anything we have seen so far.

Our offense obviously scouts our opponents. The proof is in most games the scripted plays work very well and, like Saturday, we drive down and score with ease.  After the first possession is the problem, in fact, we usually fail to score, like Saturday, in the 3rd Qtr and the opponent has the opportunity to either close the gap or take the lead (see this year’s LSU game).

Like other Gus trends, it is very disturbing. 

Archived