Don't Fire Gus Malzahn

SKIPPER_01

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I'd like to kindly and respectfully encourage the elimination of both the "Face Palm" and "Dislike" buttons.  Kinda in the spirit of "Say something nice, or nothing at all"...

If people disagree, that's fine.  They can post and explain their disagreement in a respectful manner and actually participate, instead of just giving a middle finger.

I appreciate your thoughts, but it’s not a middle finger. It’s “I disagree but don’t necessarily feel like getting into it with you.”  And often that’s probably the better course. 

4 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

ive been hearing that the players arent really happy with how disconnected gus is from the team since last year.   Not a players coach  

This is the other dynamic that I’m wondering about with Gus. The losses aren’t the end of the world. We have historically been an 8 win team after all. Seeing how s***ty a half empty stadium looks and and seeing the frustration on the players faces makes me wonder if Gus just needs to go on though. Just hearing the constant debate of whether he should be fired or not makes me to want to reassess my position as well. That will get old if he lingers. 

7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

According to some very connected posters on this site and others, the odds are increasingly likely that he is gone, especially if we end up 5-7.

This is true

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I appreciate your thoughts, but it’s not a middle finger. It’s “I disagree but don’t necessarily feel like getting into it with you.”  And often that’s probably the better course. 

It's probably a better course to altogether eliminate easy mouse-click negativity.  Give people the choice to like it, be indifferent, or skip it.  That's the best way to prevent animosity from building.

3 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

It's probably a better course to altogether eliminate easy mouse-click negativity.  Give people the choice to like it, be indifferent, or skip it.  That's the best way to prevent animosity from building.

The best way is to be an adult and not get upset about a dislike button. 

Just now, leglessdan said:

The best way is to be an adult and not get upset about a dislike button. 

I am not upset.  I made a simple comment to a moderator, and you felt the need to interrupt and insinuate the I'm not an adult.

Negativity seems to abound here.

54 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I'd like to kindly and respectfully encourage the elimination of both the "Face Palm" and "Dislike" buttons.  Kinda in the spirit of "Say something nice, or nothing at all"...

If people disagree, that's fine.  They can post and explain their disagreement in a respectful manner and actually participate, instead of just giving a middle finger.

Keep in mind that the face palm can mean more than one thing. It does not always mean someone is face palming the poster. They may be face palming the content as in a news article they posted. If you're going to have an opinion and state it in a public forum then you can't be too thinned skinned that someone disagreeing with you bothers you. Just my two cents which may not be worth it. 

I just hope that AD Greene has already been evaluating potential coaches and has a list in hand as soon as season is over. A decision on a new coach needs to be made as soon as possible. The hiring process does not need to drag on for months. We have a great recruiting class started and we need a new coach making contact with recruits as soon as possible!

Auburn will Fire Gus at the end of the season if we don’t beat Ole Miss, A&M and Liberty. Hell he might need one of two from thUGA and spuat

I have a doubt.  I feel I need some reassurance.  

Where are the sunshine pumpers to tell me what a great investment Gus' extension is and how it's all gonna work out great and we who have lost faith in Gus should just shut the hell up about it?

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I have a doubt.  I feel I need some reassurance.  

Where are the sunshine pumpers to tell me what a great investment Gus' extension is and how it's all gonna work out great and we who have lost faith in Gus should just shut the hell up about it?

Most of the more outspoken ones are noticeably missing....now, they will come back on eventually, especially if we win Saturday, and tell you they stayed away because of all this terrible negativity...as if with the way things are going we should all be sunshine and happiness...but really they’re staying away because they now secretly agree with the obvious majority and are ashamed to give up their long held positions.

2 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I am not upset.  I made a simple comment to a moderator, and you felt the need to interrupt and insinuate the I'm not an adult.

Negativity seems to abound here.

039E229B-3D9F-4BF8-8D8C-347B1F43F73B.jpeg

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

What about adding a snowflake button?  There is an increasing need for one, lately.

Archived