Biggest disappointments of the season

Eagle Eye 7

17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Right now, at this moment, I think it's most disappointing to realize Auburn probably IS going to beat aTm (didn't realize how bad they are until last night) thus guaranteeing Gus another season, but with the knowledge that thUga & bammer are still going to embarrass us.

That's what Gus has become.... He doesn't win to make us proud.  He actually wins just to piss us off. 

I'm starting to wonder if he's actually a plant by the REC.

(NOTE: please don't take the last part seriously...)

So you know Mikey or 64 will probably jump all over this post lol.

And while I do believe we may win this game I find it interesting that everyone is all of a sudden basing their opinion of aTm on this loss at MSU...by two TD’s....the same MSU that we lost to...by two TD’s....

Remember this aTm team did almost take down Clemson...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

And while I do believe we may win this game I find it interesting that everyone is all of a sudden basing their opinion of aTm on this loss at MSU...by two TD’s....the same MSU that we lost to...by two TD’s....

'64 and I both understand where we're coming from, usually, even if we differ on our opinions.  ...and we agree on many things too. 

I like Mikey too.  Even though we don't usually agree on what constitutes "negative" vs "constructive" and I'm puzzled as to just what Sunshine he expects us to pump after the ineptitude we watch.... But I do like his old school mentality and I really do picture Clint in "Gran Torino" when I think of Mikey.

As for aTm, here's why I feel like it's a probable "win".

A. They looked bad against MSU after they had an off week.

B. Auburn gets aTm after their own off week.

C. As I stated previously, it's just like Gus to win this type game to save his job after already crapping on the season.

D. "C", alone, makes the game almost a guaranteed "victory".  That's why I want Gus gone.

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

'64 and I both understand where we're coming from, usually, even if we differ on our opinions.  ...and we agree on many things too. 

I like Mikey too.  Even though we don't usually agree on what constitutes "negative" vs "constructive" and I'm puzzled as to just what Sunshine he expects us to pump after the ineptitude we watch.... But I do like his old school mentality and I really do picture Clint in "Gran Torino" when I think of Mikey.

C. As I stated previously, it's just like Gus to win this type game to save his job after already crapping on the season.

D. "C", alone, makes the game almost a guaranteed "victory".  That's why I want Gus gone.

I’m of two minds:

I think we win because of “C”

I think because of “B” we lose since Gus will have an extra week to “tweak”

20 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

I’m of two minds:

I think we win because of “C”

I think because of “B” we lose since Gus will have an extra week to “tweak”

I follow your logic totally.

However, due to "C" my official prediction is that the aTm game will be the best game Auburn has all year.  They'll actually look like the team we WISH they'd look like every game.

Then Gus will crow a couple days, feel all warm and safe, and they'll revert right back to his security blanket of plays & players for the thUga game and be stymied.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

This game is going to be decided on defense.  It’s interesting that Kevin Steele has gone up against Jimbo 3 times while Steele was at Clemson. 2 times when Jimbo was the HC and one when he was the “coach in waiting”.  Steele is 2 for 3.

What might bode will is we are coming off of a bye week and Steele had nothing else to do but scout Texas A&M for this game.  Gus, like you mentioned, is trying to save his job and with the bye week he can game plan to get our play makers the ball. We might even see a different QB in for a series or two in this game.

On the T A&M side, Jimbo will have his troops fired up for this game, he wants it too.  CDC is aware of Gus’ tendancies, so it could affect the adjustments made.  We won’t make any except of defense.

If Gus looses to three first time coaches in the league, it won’t look pretty.  “D” is the overriding factor for factor for me too.

31 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This game is going to be decided on defense.  It’s interesting that Kevin Steele has gone up against Jimbo 3 times while Steele was at Clemson. 2 times when Jimbo was the HC and one when he was the “coach in waiting”.  Steele is 2 for 3.

What might bode will is we are coming off of a bye week and Steele had nothing else to do but scout Texas A&M for this game.  Gus, like you mentioned, is trying to save his job and with the bye week he can game plan to get our play makers the ball. We might even see a different QB in for a series or two in this game.

On the T A&M side, Jimbo will have his troops fired up for this game, he wants it too.  CDC is aware of Gus’ tendancies, so it could affect the adjustments made.  We won’t make any except of defense.

If Gus looses to three first time coaches in the league, it won’t look pretty.  “D” is the overriding factor for factor for me too.

I know that some here love him (maybe even almost worship him) but I'm on record as believing Jimbo is overrated.

He had a nice 3 year run with Manuel followed by Winston, but like Gus, once he lost his "all world QB's" he couldn't maintain success & finished his FSU career with 3, 3 & 6 losses in a weak ACC, bowing to Clemson.

Now, he had personal issues in the middle of that too, which didn't help, but to me he's merely a good coach and not one that is worthy of Saban money nor the publicity as some kind of genius.  Look at the dumpster fire he left at FSU... That takes at least a couple years of bad recruiting and bad environment to create that bad a mess.  If Gus could take the 2012 mess and turn it around then think how bad FSU must be because truthfully, I suspect Taggert is a better coach than Gus.

9 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

And don’t forget we will find a way to put Mond into the Heisman running .😂

the biggest disappointment is in myself for thinking we would be better when i know very well that when we are picked to be good we never live up to the expectation. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

And don’t forget we will find a way to put Mond into the Heisman running .😂

Who is A&M’s backup QB? THAT’S the guy we  need to be worried about!! 🤪

The biggest disappointment for me has been the overall lack of interest in hiring Turner Gill as our new head coach. Just can’t wrap my head around it 

I’ll say this and I say it truthfully. There is not a coach at any P5 school , that I would believe could not have done as good or better than Gus this year with the talent that we had. I doubt more than a few would have lost to UT and they would have been closer. JMHO

I think Gus personally wants to beat Jimbo. This one is important to him.

The National championship game will be referenced a lot most likely.

Auburn will win this game and it may not be close

10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Right now, at this moment, I think it's most disappointing to realize Auburn probably IS going to beat aTm (didn't realize how bad they are until last night) thus guaranteeing Gus another season, but with the knowledge that thUga & bammer are still going to embarrass us.

That's what Gus has become.... He doesn't win to make us proud.  He actually wins just to piss us off. 

I'm starting to wonder if he's actually a plant by the REC.

(NOTE: please don't take the last part seriously...)

I think you're right about beating aTm and everything else you said. I said there was no chance in another thread but atm didn't sound very good last night so I give Auburn a 30% chance of winning that game. Our Oline against that Dline of theirs is going to be ugly. 

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

The biggest disappointment for me has been the overall lack of interest in hiring Turner Gill as our new head coach. Just can’t wrap my head around it 

I dunno.  I'd be real careful stirring that Karma pot before we play Liberty though.

On 10/25/2018 at 2:09 PM, TigerOne said:

whatever, he is a wealthy young man

Auburn's starting quarterback graduated in May, after which he traveled with his now-fiancee Kennedy Brown during the NBA playoffs - her father, Tad Brown, is CEO of the Houston Rockets, was a counselor at the Elite 11 camp in early June and attended the Manning Passing Academy later that month. Stidham proposed to Kennedy Brown and got engaged in early July, represented the Tigers at SEC Media Days last Thursday and spent the weekend in Southern California at the QB Summit with Jordan Palmer.

We feel very good about his focus coming in," Malzahn said. "I know he's chomping at the bit for August 3rd to get here and to get out there and lead the offense and lead the team and see where it goes."

Auburn going to turn Jarrett Stidham loose, Gus Malzahn says

Auburn going to turn Jarrett Stidham loose, Gus Malzahn says

Gus Malzahn plans to give Jarrett Stidham more flexibility and freedom to make checks at the line of scrimmage and "turn him loose" this fall

Offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey, who is largely responsible for Malzahn relaxing his previous policy against "gurus" working with his quarterbacks, felt Stidham handled all the activity of the offseason well. It also probably helped that the redshirt-junior had a less active spring while he recovered from shoulder surgery

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/07/how_jarrett_stidhams_handled_a.html

Who is a wealthy young man? 

Archived