Biggest disappointments of the season

Eagle Eye 7

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

tiger i understand what you were saying ok? we just disagree. personally i think stid would be off regardless. he was not allowed to throw period even tho it was his non throwing shoulder that was hurt. and i am betting he had plenty of film to take home with him to watch . last summer he worked out with the team and even hit qb camps to up his game. him and his family payed for those not auburn. i still think he was told it was ok to go home. he certainly was not allowed or cleared to throw until fall practice right? i am not going to change my mind until i see facts and not here say on message boards.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing but :cheers: anyway my friend!

Or we can bump funny cigarettes instead of beer mugs since that's how you get down ;D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I don't think we're talking about the same thing but :cheers: anyway my friend!

Or we can bump funny cigarettes instead of beer mugs since that's how you get down ;D

i got no problem. i come off blunt because i try to do the basic typing i can even if i do go all around the world and back. but yes i would partake in any of the vices mentioned. just remember i have an early bedtime in my old age.  and i am all for different opinions. your opiniion was fair. i just get upset with those trying to use anything to smear anything football these days and i certainly do not think you are the smearing kinda guy. i do hope you understood that in our discussion. come over ane we will burn one but if you steal my lighter you are dead meat...............lol. waves.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i got no problem. i come off blunt because i try to do the basic typing i can even if i do go all around the world and back. but yes i would partake in any of the vices mentioned. just remember i have an early bedtime in my old age.  and i am all for different opinions. your opiniion was fair. i just get upset with those trying to use anything to smear anything football these days and i certainly do not think you are the smearing kinda guy. i do hope you understood that in our discussion. come over ane we will burn one but if you steal my lighter you are dead meat...............lol. waves.

Oh don't you worry I'm no lighter thief!!!

*side note my old roommate and I bought a supersized lighter back in our AU days for the apartment to combat those lighter pilferers. It was about the size of a 20oz water bottle. And we never had problems again :cool:

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

if the kid was hurt and could not so much as ride a bicycle down the street i do not see why anyone has the right to get mad. and it allowed qb.s two and three to get more work. sorry we will disagree because i am not buying it. i am even willing to bet they asked him to be careful to not take any hits during games because if he gets hurt again he is done for most of the year. and gus said stid gave us the best op to win right? i bet that would be closer to the truth than mad fans trashing every single thing they can about auburn football to vent. war eagle sir.

One of the biggest complaints about Stidham this year has been his field vision. He didn't have to be the one throwing the ball to stand behind the quarterback and watch as the route trees progressed. More importantly, he wasn't with the team, soaking in the chemistry that was taking shape. These kinds of things matter.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You mean like when he was asked about that failed 2 pt conversion attempt and he said, "We're gonna be aggressive, that's just how it's gonna be"? Like he was Wyatt King Badass Earp telling Molly McGrath to skin that smokewagon? Eight 50+ yard fg attempts later...

This is gold

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You mean like when he was asked about that failed 2 pt conversion attempt and he said, "We're gonna be aggressive, that's just how it's gonna be"? Like he was Wyatt King Badass Earp telling Molly McGrath to skin that smokewagon? Eight 50+ yard fg attempts later...

giphy.gif

Gus

I would have liked to have seen more utilization of throwing to the TE. Shenker looks like he can catch the ball well, and is a decent looking runner after the catch. I  believe this would help negate the fact that we don't have a stud RB like we had with Kerryon last year, and also the fact that our OL can't protect JS. Believe this is a bad oversight on Gus' part, or either he's just not smart enough to figure it out

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

I would have liked to have seen more utilization of throwing to the TE. Shenker looks like he can catch the ball well, and is a decent looking runner after the catch. I  believe this would help negate the fact that we don't have a stud RB like we had with Kerryon last year, and also the fact that our OL can't protect JS. Believe this is a bad oversight on Gus' part, or either he's just not smart enough to figure it out

Been a problem since day 1.   The TE is for blocking.  Period.

The biggest disappointment for me is the inexplicable downward trajectory of the team since the Washington game.  I have never seen anything like it. 

On 10/25/2018 at 12:49 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Last spring Gus admitted he was to conservative in his approch to play calling ( who would have thought😁) and that they were going to give Jarrett the go on audibles at the line of scrimmage . Against Washington I saw some of that, but after it seemed to disappear after that game. I thought it was the perfect setting given Gus’s offense being so predictable. Yet it went away. Not sure if the coaches took it away or JS just quit using it. Has anyone else have a take on this ?

I thought Chip Lindsay was calling the plays? Gus struggling to keep his lies straight.

17 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

The biggest disappointment for me is the inexplicable downward trajectory of the team since the Washington game.  I have never seen anything like it. 

Or why not just the downward trajectory of Malzahn's tenure at Auburn.

Biggest disappointment has been the defense. Against LSU a back quarterback averaged between 15 to 20 yards per completion.  AGainst MSU 350 yards rushing and against Tenn the number of third downs converted.  

Right now, at this moment, I think it's most disappointing to realize Auburn probably IS going to beat aTm (didn't realize how bad they are until last night) thus guaranteeing Gus another season, but with the knowledge that thUga & bammer are still going to embarrass us.

That's what Gus has become.... He doesn't win to make us proud.  He actually wins just to piss us off. 

I'm starting to wonder if he's actually a plant by the REC.

(NOTE: please don't take the last part seriously...)

Archived