2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

18 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Just saw that Rivals dropped Pappoe to a 4*. Auburn bound? :laugh:

Still a very high 4*. The drop was legit. He hasn't grown much since his Soph year as they projected & would be a pretty small LB. In fact teams like UGA are recruiting him now as a Strong Safety. I could have seen them keep him as a 5* as an ATH but since we are recruiting him as a LB they rated him as a LB.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, milehighfan said:

How does he feel about being recruited as a strong safety?

No Clue. UGA is not a factor regardless of the position they recruit him for.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Great, so HE's a bust too?

LMAO No! Nobody is a bust before they have played a down of college football.

So I went to Owen’s Twitter page last night. I noticed that he has his auburn commitment tweet pinned at the top of his page. The last time I visited his page when the Tennessee hype was at its highest I’m almost positive that tweet had been unpinned and was not at the top for what it’s worth. Also noticed there was really no pro Tennessee tweets from him since Tennessee beat Auburn in mid October. The only thing close was Wanya Morris tweeting Wanya’s happy birthday in a Tennessee uniform photoshop. He had a few pro auburn tweets. He may of had pro Tennessee tweets before but they weren’t there now. However he is still following a lot of Tennessee players and personnel for full disclosure. Just thought I’d share.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So I went to Owen’s Twitter page last night. I noticed that he has his auburn commitment tweet pinned at the top of his page. The last time I visited his page when the Tennessee hype was at its highest I’m almost positive that tweet had been unpinned and was not at the top for what it’s worth. Also noticed there was really no pro Tennessee tweets from him since Tennessee beat Auburn in mid October. The only thing close was Wanya Morris tweeting Wanya’s happy birthday in a Tennessee uniform photoshop. He had a few pro auburn tweets. He may of had pro Tennessee tweets before but they weren’t there now. However he is still following a lot of Tennessee players and personnel for full disclosure. Just thought I’d share.

Thanks for the update.... Do you still believe as long as Gus and T-will are here he will stay?

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Thanks for the update.... Do you still believe as long as Gus and T-will are here he will stay?

IDK. Info points to him sticking if T-Will is here. Haven't seen where Gus matters much.

5 minutes ago, chimes said:

Why isn’t UGA a factor for him?

No clue. Just know they haven't been most of the time since he committed to AU, & it's not for a lack of trying either.

Just now, ellitor said:

No clue. Just know they haven't been most of the time since he committed to AU, & it's not for a lack of trying either.

Strange... I haven’t followed this class’ recruiting much but I’ve pretty much been waiting on OP to flip to them for months now. Good to hear he’s cold on them

The reason UGA is probably thinking Safety for him is due to size and his athleticism.  It is a brutal physical game for a smallish LB taking on OL who cream you at the second level.  He will definitely need to use his speed to get to the point of attack before blockers get to him.  Roquan did it and I hope OP can as well.  The spread has made a mess out of the MLB position.  You are either too big to drop in coverage and try to shadow a running QB or you are too small for a team with a good power run game.  Roquan was great sideline to sideline and really good when Kirby called for the run blitz.  

58 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

The reason UGA is probably thinking Safety for him is due to size and his athleticism.  It is a brutal physical game for a smallish LB taking on OL who cream you at the second level.  He will definitely need to use his speed to get to the point of attack before blockers get to him.  Roquan did it and I hope OP can as well.  The spread has made a mess out of the MLB position.  You are either too big to drop in coverage and try to shadow a running QB or you are too small for a team with a good power run game.  Roquan was great sideline to sideline and really good when Kirby called for the run blitz.  

Apparently AU is recruiting OP as an OLB FWIW.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Deshaun Davis did it too...

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Deshaun Davis did it too...

Yes he did.  What a great kid on and off the field for Auburn.  Kid wanted to be great and would not take no for an answer.  

@ellitor, I know this season Tre Williams worked for Gus in a recruiting capacity.  Do you or @WarDamnEagleWDE know if he has had any impact on OP or anyone else in this recuriting cycle?  Just curious as I think he could be a good recruiter for us.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

@ellitor, I know this season Tre Williams worked for Gus in a recruiting capacity.  Do you or @WarDamnEagleWDE know if he has had any impact on OP or anyone else in this recuriting cycle?  Just curious as I think he could be a good recruiter for us.

No clue. Nothing has been reported about his role on the team or any impact he is having. Highly doubt he would have a real impact with Pappoe though.

Just now, ellitor said:

Slow on the uptake GWill. Lol

That is why I liked your comment first.

Owen Pappoe tweets to 'clear things up'

By Keith Niebuhr

Will 5-star linebacker Owen Pappoe of Grayson (Ga.) stick with his commitment to Auburn? Or will Tennessee flip him, as has been rumored for weeks?

On Wednesday, both programs visited Pappoe.

But after Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and linebackers coach Travis Williams did an in-home visit with Pappoe and the player's family, the prized recruit tweeted he was solid to the Tigers.

For Auburn, which currently has 16 commitments and the No. 11 recruiting class in the country, this was welcome news.

Pappoe has been scheduled to officially visit the Vols this weekend. At this time, it is unclear whether that visit still is a go.

The No. 1 outside backer and No. 15 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, Pappoe committed to Auburn on May 1. He's an early enrollee and plans to sign Dec. 19.

The bolded part is what I'm most interested in.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is why I liked your comment first.

I know. I can't post tweets from my phone to AUF for some reason so I got to my computer & edited & embedded the tweet in my post literally seconds before your post. Lol

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Pappoe has been scheduled to officially visit the Vols this weekend. At this time, it is unclear whether that visit still is a go.

Sooo Keith just posted the answer to this. Since I can't post the answer I'll just post this...

Adam-DeVine-Yes.gif

Archived