2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sooo Keith just posted the answer to this. Since I can't post the answer I'll just post this...

Adam-DeVine-Yes.gif

By the way I love the guy in the gif...can be funny as hell

Glad to hear Owen is 100% committed still to us! Need to keep him and get another LB or 2 especially  Hall. We can salvage this class and hopefully a top 12 class. Keeping a solid class together is very important.  If Gus is let go next season, we must maintain a healthy talent pool of players for the next coach to work with.

If we hang onto every recruit committed, this will definitely help.

We needed this! Let's hope this is the beginning of more positive activity on the recruiting trail including holding onto others already committed.  

If only OP could play right tackle.....

I just knew OP was a gonner. This is great news. Now, if we can get amother LB or two, not to mention about three OT's who can actually block and last but not least, a stud RB. Gus, if he is that good lets not a waste a year watching him walk the sidelines. Nothing to this recruiting. JK.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

get another LB or 2 especially  Hall

Hall is not a linebacker for us. He’s a Buck target which is more of a DL.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sooo Keith just posted the answer to this. Since I can't post the answer I'll just post this...

Adam-DeVine-Yes.gif

giphy.gif

Honestly I was more concerned about losing OP than whatever we did with the HC situation. Still mad about that but that is for another thread. Thank you Pappoe!

Could be talking about OP. Could be talking about something totally different. I choose to believe he is throwing shade at OP!!! lol. Wayna Morris recruitment was one of the main recruitments that will never let me fully understand crutin. Every loss by us means we got further away form landing him. Every loss by rocky top he got firmer and firmer with his UT commitment. LOL you cannot make this up. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wayna Morris recruitment was one of the main recruitments that will never let me fully understand crutin. Every loss by us means we got further away form landing him. Every loss by rocky top he got firmer and firmer with his UT commitment. LOL you cannot make this up. 

I will just politely say relationships are YUUUUGE in recruiting.

And on this one if a year 1 coach can sell a kid on a rebuild, or more specifically his mom in this case, then that coach has something (at least short term anyway).

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

And on this one if a year 1 coach can sell a kid on a rebuild, or more specifically his mom in this case, then that coach has something (at least short term anyway).

No doubt. Pruitt imo is a elite recruiter. IDK if the results will turn out that way at Rocky Top across the board because it is a tough school to recruit to these days. But I really do not see much difference in his and Kirbys crutin abilities. Kirby is just at the much easier program to recruit too. And yes his mom was infatuated with UT even more than the kid it seemed. 

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Rebuild a kitchen or bedroom or something with Momma. 

8 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Who is that white dude photobombing that family picture?

It's T-Will in disguise. Because, you know, Gus can't possibly have any positive influence on anything associated with AU football. That wouldn't fit the popular mantra.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hall is not a linebacker for us. He’s a Buck target which is more of a DL.

Do you like our chances to land more good LBS & how many do you think we will try to sign.

IMHO we need a minimum of 1 more LB and 2 wouldn't hurt,  2 Interior Linemen, 1 OT and a RB to round out this class.  OT probably from GT ranks even though I believe we are looking at the JUCO guy who is from England. If Calvin Ashley does leave or never figures it out despite his measurables we will be hurting even more on the O-Line hopefully Sammons is getting close to being ready but I have not heard anything great about Sammons in a long time.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's T-Will in disguise. Because, you know, Gus can't possibly have any positive influence on anything associated with AU football. That wouldn't fit the popular mantra.

I've said it many times before, but these kids love Gus. So do their parents. That's why this team never quit like they did when Chiz was HC. He may not be the best coach on the sidelines but he's doing something right.

Do you like our chances to land more good LBS

Not an analysts so don't know if they will be good.

how many do you think we will try to sign.

2-3

Archived