Official New Hires Thread

Potatooooooes!!

So I thought I’d make this thread so we have all of our fire/hire info in one place. It’s sad this thread has to be made in the first place, but it’s where we are. News on offensive staff movement and even head coach movement should go here. Mods, if you don’t like my idea just delete the thread, but I personally think it’d be a good idea to have all of this info in one place. Think of it like a positive meltdown thread. Anyway, post away and War Eagle.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had to predict who I think is gone either it by firing or leaving .see below This would all be performance based . 

Horton, grimes, Russell, Lindsey. 

Yeah Russell needs to go. 

36 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

If I had to predict who I think is gone either it by firing or leaving .see below This would all be performance based . 

Horton, grimes, Russell, Lindsey. 

Yeah def Russell. I've never been impressed with his ability to develop strength.

I'd actually like to see Horton stay. I don't really Blame him for our running game problems now. Our Oline sucks and all of our running backs are young, except Kam and he's just doesn't have it. Our RB play has actually been the most consistently high level, imo.

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yeah Russell needs to go. 

Yeah def Russell. I've never been impressed with his ability to develop strength.

I'd actually like to see Horton stay. I don't really Blame him for our running game problems now. Our Oline sucks and all of our running backs are young, except Kam and he's just doesn't have it. Our RB play has actually been the most consistently high level, imo.

Totally agree with you minus Horton. I would like to see porter take the RBs . Horton has been trying to leave AU for years . Ryan Russell is not producing the type of players we need in this league. From mental to physical strength. 

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

No. That thread is a wishlist. This thread is for actual news

I derailed the thread . My fault . Feel free to delete my posts . 

56 minutes ago, Vinemont Tiger said:

Don't forget to add Brown to the list.

This is not even close to accurate.  If you keep anyone from the staff it's Brown.  Yes his DBs played poorly last night but trust me you keep the talent coming and our DBs will be lock down under his coaching for years to come.  That and if we can teach just a little zone technique just to throw something a little different at the QB every once in a while.  

If I were to guess who is gone after the season would be Lindsay, Grimes, Horton.  I'm not sure on Russell or not it's hard to judge somethings when you have so many freshmen playing.  

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Nobody is without a job yet, so maybe revisit this in 2 or 3 weeks.

I suspect there will be news rumbling long before something is official. That’s why I went ahead and made the thread. People can post here as they see stuff. 

It's a tragedy that we are stuck like this because our brand new President decided to flex nuts and sign a ridiculous contract extension. He had no business doing that, so early in his career with Auburn. 

My hope and best guess is the first to leave will be Leath. I think the board has enough other issues to fire Leath for lack of leadership on the academic side. Once he is gone I think AG will pull the plug on Gus . Other coaches will be dependent new HC as it should be. I would hope Garner and TWill stay. I like Kodi and Horton but again the incoming HC need to have a free reign. We need to hire him and give the resources  he needs. Then we judge him on meeting the goals. We should not pick a philosophy or try and force one on him. Let him run his program, Be willing to give him a couple of years to see if he improves year over year.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It's a tragedy that we are stuck like this because our brand new President decided to flex nuts and sign a ridiculous contract extension. He had no business doing that, so early in his career with Auburn. 

It's what you get when you let someone with absolutely no football knowledge determine a coaching contract. Anyone with any football IQ could see how stacked the roster was in 2017 and that were would regress some in 2018. Recruiting was also not adequately back filling positions lost after 2018, d line being one of those. And that's after missing on all the big name o lineman and backs we truly needed to run Gussy Boys 'power spread'. Plus, Gus hadn't won a big game on the road since 2014 (Ole Miss) and they ended up being soft and overrated. Why they didnt make him prove 2017 was not an outlier is beyond me. Gus would have been a moron to leave for Arkansas. If he could barely win 8 games most years with the recruiting sell at Au, how many was he gonna win at Arkansas....6 maybe?

Not sure who stays or goes, but we need somebody on the defense to develop a true edge rusher. We have a bunch of big strong guys, but the lack of a speed rusher has limited our defense mightily this year. T-Will, RG, and Brown have all earned the right to stay in my opinion. Everyone else is fair game. 

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

This is not even close to accurate.  If you keep anyone from the staff it's Brown.  Yes his DBs played poorly last night but trust me you keep the talent coming and our DBs will be lock down under his coaching for years to come.  That and if we can teach just a little zone technique just to throw something a little different at the QB every once in a while.  

I 110% agree with you about Brown. Also, Woodson. Those 2 coaches are worth keeping for sure. I have seen some names mentioned for coaches. I would assume that Freeze will probably be the new OC. We definitely need to replace Grimes and the strength coach. Others I am not sure on.

Who knows, we might need to part ways with Steele. Our defense has been aweful more than good it seems like.  It will be interesting no doubt to see what pans out after the bammer game.

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Don’t understand the love for RG.   I say if Gus stays, they all stay and let them all go down or turn it around.   One or the other? 

They all stay? No. Doesn't have to be that black and white.

7 hours ago, The Six said:

Tim Horton knows where the bodies are, gang. Highly doubtful he gone.

Okay, I'll bite.

To what are you referring?

Archived