Monday or Tuesday after the IB

ChltteTiger

Lmao I'm not a tin foil hatter but I would agree it's unnatural. I was reading in the SEC chant about the Bama bump on recruiting....I could see where people think that way but I believe Lil Nicky is just one hell of a talent evaluator.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Noted. So for the record no one on this board gets up early enough to hurt my feelings. I have bigger fish to fry each day. However, I will give my opinion right back if I feel like someone is taking a jab, ok pumpkin! So with that said...I suppose I did take it out of context a little more so for that my apologies

Welcome to the board.  

Apology accepted, but not required.  Always air your honest opinion here and be prepared to back it up!

Sorry my original post's tone was a bit dismissive and harsh.  

PS:  Your wife's a sunshine pumper.

I kid! I kid!  :P

No.  Really she is, but that's ok.  :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Welcome to the board.  

Apology accepted, but not required.  Always air your honest opinion here and be prepared to back it up!

Sorry my original post's tone was a bit dismissive and harsh.  

PS:  Your wife's a sunshine pumper.

I kid! I kid!  :P

No.  Really she is, but that's ok.  :thumbsup:

Lol no dude my wife is a total sunshine pumper!!! I finally went back through game tapes and showed her all the times when he should have been coaching up players in the sideline but instead was off on his own 30 seconds in to a sideways thumb end boogar dig..... So I think she is starting to come around. She is from California and moved to Huntsville in 2009 so she doesn't fully understand how we love Auburn.

P.s I need to not post on here from my phone, autocorrect kicks my arse. 

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Lol no dude my wife is a total sunshine pumper!!! I finally went back through game tapes and showed her all the times when he should have been coaching up players in the sideline but instead was off on his own 30 seconds in to a sideways thumb end boogar dig..... So I think she is starting to come around. She is from California and moved to Huntsville in 2009 so she doesn't fully understand how we love Auburn.

P.s I need to not post on here from my phone, autocorrect kicks my arse. 

You'll never drive all the sunshine from a Cali girl, but why would you want to, right?

Tell her Auburn is world famous in Alabama.  She'll get the severity of the affliction eventually.  

On topic:  A really good team is one that consistently beats their opponents and the breaks.  

4 minutes ago, AURealist said:

You'll never drive all the sunshine from a Cali girl, but why would you want to, right?

Tell her Auburn is world famous in Alabama.  She'll get the severity of the affliction eventually.  

On topic:  A really good team is one that consistently beats their opponents and the breaks.  

One of the reasons I love her. I took her to one game and she fell in love with the place and the people, but she still learning 7 years in. 

Yes agreed. My thing is, in this games I was referring to, it shouldn't have even been close enough to matter on those plays. We were far superior talent wise just way outcoached

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

One of the reasons I love her. I took her to one game and she fell in love with the place and the people, but she still learning 7 years in. 

Yes agreed. My thing is, in this games I was referring to, it shouldn't have even been close enough to matter on those plays. We were far superior talent wise just way outcoached

Seems that right there will be the hallmark of Malzahn's legacy as HC at AU.  

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

We were far superior talent wise just way outcoached

Even the best of the best coaches in sports get out-coached with better talent from time to time.  The key is to not make a habit of it!

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Even the best of the best coaches in sports get out-coached with better talent from time to time.  The key is to not make a habit of it!

True, and CGM has indeed made a habit of it

On 11/12/2018 at 5:56 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

raw

"Leath was one of the primary men in the room during Malzahn's contract negotiations following the Tigers' advancement to the SEC Championship in December 2017. Malzahn was receiving overtures from Arkansas at the time, providing the coach leverage in talks with Auburn. Outgoing athletics director Jay Jacobs was not part of the contract talks at the time."  Per Brandon Mercello on CBSsports.

Auburn owes this 32 million to Malzahn regardless. So does Auburn bleed it out now in massive hemorrhage? Or a pint or two at a time over the next few years and endure the folly that is Gus Malzahn over that time.

Let's get it over with.

4 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Auburn owes this 32 million to Malzahn regardless. So does Auburn bleed it out now in massive hemorrhage? Or a pint or two at a time over the next few years and endure the folly that is Gus Malzahn over that time.

Let's get it over with.

Agreed. The thing that scares me, and this by no means is an excuse not to terminate Gus, but due to previous hires made by AU, I'm terrified of the coach search or who we may hire to replace him. No more high school guys or guys that have been busts at other schools, we need to really hammer down and find a quality coach that can get us over the hump

5 hours ago, Tigercj said:

"Leath was one of the primary men in the room during Malzahn's contract negotiations following the Tigers' advancement to the SEC Championship in December 2017. Malzahn was receiving overtures from Arkansas at the time, providing the coach leverage in talks with Auburn. Outgoing athletics director Jay Jacobs was not part of the contract talks at the time."  Per Brandon Mercello on CBSsports.

Marcello directly contradicts himself and I'm absolutely certain he wasn't in the room.  Jacobs is clearly suffering from severe CTE and has a well defined history of making stupid decisions relative to contracts (see: Gene Chizik buy-out).  Leath has a PhD, is the University Presdent and had been on the job less than one entire football season.  It's pretty clear who I think botched this.... I will contend that the biggest idiot in the history of Auburn athletics has been removed from the picture, the contract still exists regardless of who agreed to it on Auburn's behalf and Gus will still be the coach on Auburn's sideline at AT&T Stadium come August 31st 2019.  There is only one part of that that makes me feel better about the future of Auburn football and it has everything to do with the guy who is drawing a paycheck from the University of Florida.  JABA.

On 11/13/2018 at 4:04 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

Legit question for everyone.... And please don't call me a sunshine pumper I am not excusing this or past seasons but my wife asked me this last night... Here goes...

So the old saying about there are a few plays in every game that determine the outcome can definitely hold true.... Now past seasons we will leave out... But this year .... That definitely holds true...

If you go back and watch the games we lost up until UGA..... You can count on both hands the number of plays that differentiate us being 6-4 and firing Gus.... Or us being 9-1 with playoff aspirations.... LSU....one 4th down stop...If DD is 2 inches taller he knocked the pass down on their long TD... That's just one of many.... Any if the PI calls....MSST, they don't give NF the TD or if boobie doesn't fumble, UT ... Plenty of times we could have ended that game.... So ultimately ... It's a coaches job to put players in a situation to win.... We have dropped TDS, missed open WRs, missed tackles.... Just saying if those plays go differently... Would we be calling for Gus head? 

My wife said this to me and it really made me think. Ultimately after thinking on it I'm 75/25 on yes we should because if the Ol and RB recruiting and the fact that not only sound we have won those games.... They shouldn't have been close. What's y'all's thoughts

I always appreciate positive approaches. But a famous coach once said (I think it was Bill Parcells) “You are what your record says you are.” For very one of the plays referenced above, there is one that could’ve gone the other way. Example: if Darrel Williams doesn’t get a fingertip on a pas on UWs last drive, we lose that game. Our rivals our dominating us and pulling away in talent. Gus has had 6 years, and underperformed in 4. Time for him to go. 

39 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Marcello directly contradicts himself and I'm absolutely certain he wasn't in the room.  Jacobs is clearly suffering from severe CTE and has a well defined history of making stupid decisions relative to contracts (see: Gene Chizik buy-out).  Leath has a PhD, is the University Presdent and had been on the job less than one entire football season.  It's pretty clear who I think botched this.... I will contend that the biggest idiot in the history of Auburn athletics has been removed from the picture, the contract still exists regardless of who agreed to it on Auburn's behalf and Gus will still be the coach on Auburn's sideline at AT&T Stadium come August 31st 2019.  There is only one part of that that makes me feel better about the future of Auburn football and it has everything to do with the guy who is drawing a paycheck from the University of Florida.  JABA.

Auburn playing their future coach on Aug 31st?

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Leath wanted Gus to feel wanted and secure and he was the one who insisted on 75% buyout clause. I am sure Jacobs had some roll in all of this but Leath was a major player. So yes we are stuck with this moron for at least one more year.

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I always appreciate positive approaches. But a famous coach once said (I think it was Bill Parcells) “You are what your record says you are.” For very one of the plays referenced above, there is one that could’ve gone the other way. Example: if Darrel Williams doesn’t get a fingertip on a pas on UWs last drive, we lose that game. Our rivals our dominating us and pulling away in talent. Gus has had 6 years, and underperformed in 4. Time for him to go. 

Definitely understand and agree. I guess I posted this question in hindsight not as a case for Gus, but just how close you can be but yet he so far away.... Game of inches

1 hour ago, Tigercj said:

Leath wanted Gus to feel wanted and secure and he was the one who insisted on 75% buyout clause. I am sure Jacobs had some roll in all of this but Leath was a major player. So yes we are stuck with this moron for at least one more year.

Just curious How do you know this? 

Archived