men vs Dayton Preview/Review

gravejd

I think we need someone on staff to help the post guy or get them some private instructions or something. None of them look smooth when they get it down low. Wiley is the best true big guy and that’s not saying a whole bunch. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Tiger said:

I swear Wiley should be getting way more post feeds than he is. I can forgive most of the other stuff, but our guys are scared to make the entry pass at times and that annoys me. He needs a minimum of 10 shots a game IMO. I know he's not the most polished down there but everything will open up so much more if we even attempt to establish him down low because he's such a load. And it'll cause more foul trouble for our opponent. 

Cole and I talked previously about our guards inability to make the entry pass.  Extremely tentative and seem to have a complete lack of knowledge how to set the big in an advantageous position.

58 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I think we need someone on staff to help the post guy or get them some private instructions or something. None of them look smooth when they get it down low. Wiley is the best true big guy and that’s not saying a whole bunch. 

All of the bigs when they get the ball on the block seem to freak out and become frantic.  To me, they need to slow down, work for position, and not force things.  They routinely rush their moves and force their shots. They need to let the game come to them. 

I'd love to see them bring in someone that can develop their post skills and teach them some effective low post moves.  Something along the lines of Shaq's drop step, Duncan's face up bank shot, Aldridge's turn around, or Olajuwan's up-and-under.  Yes, I know all of those all HoFers, but thats even more reason to emulate their moves.

Agree with the above, ill add that it doesnt seem like our bigs know how to go up to the basket. Theyre being to gentle. I know you cant be as physical as you used to but going up to the basket forcefully will result in a lot of freethrows, made baskets, and 1s. 

Also- our free throw shooting better pickup. Hasnt been as bad as two years ago but not close enough to last year. 

On 12/11/2018 at 6:49 PM, bigbird said:

Cole and I talked previously about our guards inability to make the entry pass.  Extremely tentative and seem to have a complete lack of knowledge how to set the big in an advantageous position.

All of the bigs when they get the ball on the block seem to freak out and become frantic.  To me, they need to slow down, work for position, and not force things.  They routinely rush their moves and force their shots. They need to let the game come to them. 

I'd love to see them bring in someone that can develop their post skills and teach them some effective low post moves.  Something along the lines of Shaq's drop step, Duncan's face up bank shot, Aldridge's turn around, or Olajuwan's up-and-under.  Yes, I know all of those all HoFers, but thats even more reason to emulate their moves.

Sorry but Adam Keefe had the best post move of all time.

• ellitor changed the title to men vs Dayton Preview/Review

Archived