Winning Streak

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Given that we currently sit on a 15 game winning streak (tied for third longest in school history) and the schedule for next year, if we win on the opening weekend against GA Tech, this team has a great shot at tieing the school record of 20 wins, with the record breaking game coming against LSU in Death Valley.

All the more reason to hope for an Auburn victory - to bump Tot off the top of the heap.

Given that we currently sit on a 15 game winning streak (tied for third longest in school history) and the schedule for next year, if we win on the opening weekend against GA Tech, this team has a great shot at tieing the school record of 20 wins, with the record breaking game coming against LSU in Death Valley. 

All the more reason to hope for an Auburn victory - to bump Tot off the top of the heap.

154842[/snapback]

I love to win steak...or any meat prize, for that matter. :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

What are you guys talking about? There were no typos in my post...

And I didn't edit the topic name...

There must be a glitch that makes it look like I edited my original post...

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Just curious--anyone know what the current longest streak in the country (in D-I) is?

I guess it would be Southern Cal, but I know they lost one in 2003. Was that loss before or after our last loss--to Georgia--in 2003? And when is their first dangerous opponent (Yeah, I know "dangerous opponent" an oxymoron in the PAC-10 :P ) in 2005? Might they lose before we do again?

Guest Tigrinum Major

USC - 22 in a row and counting

Utah - 16

Don't know who either of them have early on next year.

"Streaks" are built O N E game at a time. :au:

Next up....the mellow yackets. :D

Guest Tigrinum Major
"Streaks" are built O N E game at a time. :au:

Next up....the mellow yackets.  :D

154861[/snapback]

I agree with ya, Tim, and the team needs to keep that in mind. But as fans, isn't it fun to think about the future?

USC 2005 schedule

9-3-05 at Hawai'i

9-17-05 ARKANSAS

9-24-05 at Oregon

10-1-05 at Arizona State

10-8-05 ARIZONA

10-15-05 at Notre Dame

10-22-05 at Washington

10-29-05 WASHINGTON STATE

11-5-05 STANFORD

11-12-05 at California

11-19-05 FRESNO STATE

12-3-05 UCLA

i honestly think usc loses one in the game three to four stretch. that's just a strectch that looks ripe for an upset with an sec team at home and two roadies against at least decent conference opponents. if they get through that stretch though... at the fighting charlie weises? at the tedheads? not a lot of quality down that stretch.

Utah 2005 schedule

9-1-05 ARIZONA (Thur.)

9-10-05 UTAH STATE

9-15-05 at TCU (Thur.)

9-22-05 AIR FORCE (Thur.)

10-1-05 at North Carolina

10-8-05 at Colorado State

10-15-05 SAN DIEGO STATE

10-22-05 at UNLV

11-5-05 WYOMING

11-12-05 NEW MEXICO

11-19-05 at Brigham Young

that opener's tough. new qb, new coach, new offense against a staunch-for-the-pac-10 defense. beat them and it looks like at tcu or at unc are the best chances for a loss.

as for us, we've got a work cut out for us. breaking in a new qb against the tech defense is going to be one heck of a chore. seriously, if tech was in the big 12 or the pac 10, they'd be the best defensive team in the conference. throw in a trip by the visor and that's certainly not a cake walk to 20. clinche i know, but just win one at a time.

Archived