If you support Bush, you oppose freedom

TexasTiger

I'm not going to be drawn into this discussion on this thread. I've made my position known on abortion and it has no bearing on this discussion. I appreciate that you're trying to help AURaptor, but if you want to discuss abortion then you should start that thread.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the libs world, it's wrong for anyone to choose life.

No, hence the term "pro-CHOICE."

155965[/snapback]

That's why the pro-life wing of the Democrat part is so large and has so much input would you agree? Choice to the libs and dems is you choose our way or get the hell out!

155968[/snapback]

The Democratic Senate Minority Leader, Harry Reid, chooses to be what you would classify as "Pro-Life".

Its unreal how blindly loyal some are to Bush. :no:

155971[/snapback]

It's unreal how blindly loyal some are to the Democrat party.

It is incredible how blind all libs are to the TRUTH. :big:

155971[/snapback]

It's not an issue of being 'loyal' to Bush. If that's your only take on the issue, then you're not reading this thread very closely.

155971[/snapback]

It's not an issue of being 'loyal' to Bush. If that's your only take on the issue, then you're not reading this thread very closely.

156012[/snapback]

Actually, she nailed it.

Y'know, the nice thing about listneing to both liberals and conservatives is, you pay attention to what they really believe, you realize that neither half of your fellow Americans is really composed of evil dumbasses just because they believe something different from you.

I disagree with the left about guns, and with the right about money, but I ain't about to call them all names about it, unless they do it to me. And just about everyone I know is right some of the time.

Except for Ward Churchill, Michael Moore, Ann Coulter and Tom DeLay, that is. They're wrong about everything, on purpose usually, and should be locked in a room with each other until they're all dead.

Y'know, the nice thing about listneing to both liberals and conservatives is, you pay attention to what they really believe, you realize that neither half of your fellow Americans is really composed of evil dumbasses just because they believe something different from you.

I disagree with the left about guns, and with the right about money, but I ain't about to call them all names about it, unless they do it to me.  And just about everyone I know is right some of the time. 

Except for Ward Churchill, Michael Moore, Ann Coulter and Tom DeLay, that is.  They're wrong about everything, on purpose usually, and should be locked in a room with each other until they're all dead.

156018[/snapback]

Oh Piglet...I thought you were a liberal. You might lose that invitation to see Karl Rove! :D

155971[/snapback]

156012[/snapback]

Actually, she nailed it.

156017[/snapback]

Actually, I know for a fact she didn't nail it. Were that the case, why would Jesse Jackson have come down to speak out for the life of Terri ? Blind loyalist, that Rev. Jackson.

155971[/snapback]

156012[/snapback]

Actually, she nailed it.

156017[/snapback]

Actually, I know for a fact she didn't nail it. Were that the case, why would Jesse Jackson have come down to speak out for the life of Terri ? Blind loyalist, that Rev. Jackson.

156024[/snapback]

What does Jackson speaking out prove?

It proves that this issue wasn't strictly one that cut down political lines. You have Smaller Gov't GOP types and Right to Life GOP types, etc. This issue was seen as strictly a Red state vs Blue state issue by those who can only see Red vs Blue.

It proves that this issue wasn't strictly one that cut down political lines. You have Smaller Gov't GOP types and Right to Life GOP types, etc. This issue was seen as strictly a Red state vs Blue state issue by those who can only see Red vs Blue.

156029[/snapback]

Yeah, well, you lose again. See, I like Jesse because he usually brings attention to things that need attention. But, I also understand him. And if you understand him, then you know that Jesse is ALWAYS up to more than meets the eye. You saw Jesse in Pinellas Park and he talked about the tragedy that was Terri Schiavo. And, make no mistake, it WAS a tragedy on many levels. But, you evidently took that to mean that he supported the Bushes, Delay, Brownback and the rest in their "pro-life" push to legislate the rights of private citizens. You didn't pay attention and Jesse bit you! While he did say that pulling out her feeding tube WAS a travesty, Jesse had bigger fish to fry:

This week, the U.S. Congress took the extraordinary step of intervening in the Terri Schiavo case, passing a bill that would enable the federal courts to hear the case.

I have serious misgivings about the appropriateness of Congress intervening with the legal court process on a specific, individual matter. It is not certain whether or not Congress’ action itself is constitutional.

I am deeply sympathetic and respectful of the passion and legal rights of Mrs. Schiavo’s husband, and appreciate the sincerity of his belief that he is acting in accordance with the wishes of his wife.

Yet, with life and death hanging in the balance, it is my belief that the feeding tube should be re-introduced as a lifeline for Terri Schiavo. Removing the feeding tube would essentially starve her to death.

I respect the views of those citizens and members of Congress who passionately cry out against her starvation and seek means to extend her life.

But in so doing, a consistent moral and ethical position would extend a feeding tube to ALL who are confronted with starvation – to demand public, government policy to feed the hungry. I implore them to apply this same passion for Terri Schiavo to the young infants and children dying of starvation and lack prenatal and post-natal care.

Those on food stamps need a feeding tube to fend off poverty and starvation. Our homeless population needs a feeding tube to extend their lives and survive.

This same passion to halt starvation should also extend to the millions in the Congo and Sudan. With the focus and attention on this one individual case, we must marshal this sentiment and extend a feeding tube to all those in the United States and around the world. Our moral, ethical and religious values require us to address poverty and starvation on a global, structural level, and Congress should appropriate the needed budget to stamp out poverty and starvation wherever it exists.

Rainbow/PUSH press release on Terri Schiavo's Fight For Life

But, you JUST gotta LOVE Jesse!!! He was on major television and had Randall Terry kissing his rear! Hell, he's even got YOU giving him credibility!!! :roflol:

Yeah, well, you lose again. See, I like Jesse because he usually brings attention to things that need attention. But, I also understand him. And if you understand him, then you know that Jesse is ALWAYS up to more than meets the eye. You saw Jesse in Pinellas Park and he talked about the tragedy that was Terri Schiavo. And, make no mistake, it WAS a tragedy on many levels. But, you evidently took that to mean that he supported the Bushes, Delay, Brownback and the rest in their "pro-life" push to legislate the rights of private citizens. You didn't pay attention and Jesse bit you! While he did say that pulling out her feeding tube WAS a travesty, Jesse had bigger fish to fry:

Sorry, I don't see at all how I lose. I merley said that this issue isn't clear cut down party lines, and it isn't. Jesse won't stop being Jesse, and he'll always look out for what's in HIS best interest. So, despite all this 'misgivings', he still felt compelled to come down and stand for life. Spin it as you feel you need to, but facts are facts.

Sorry, I don't see at all how I lose. I merley said that this issue isn't clear cut down party lines, and it isn't. Jesse won't stop being Jesse, and he'll always look out for what's in HIS best interest. So, despite all this 'misgivings', he still felt compelled to come down and stand for life. Spin it as you feel you need to, but facts are facts.

156061[/snapback]

Yes, facts are facts and your arguments to this point have been void of them. By the way, are you thirsty???

Oh Piglet...I thought you were a liberal. You might lose that invitation to see Karl Rove!  :D

Oh, I lost that invite a long time ago. That Rove don't cotton to anyone who don't just shut up and do what they're told.

And if you think I'm a lefty, you might mention that to all the liberals who regularly denounce me as a tool of the capitalist, imperialist, racist, sexist, colonialist, corporatist, overly repressive system. 'Cause they evidently haven't heard the news

Oh Piglet...I thought you were a liberal. You might lose that invitation to see Karl Rove!  :D

Oh, I lost that invite a long time ago. That Rove don't cotton to anyone who don't just shut up and do what they're told.

And if you think I'm a lefty, you might mention that to all the liberals who regularly denounce me as a tool of the capitalist, imperialist, racist, sexist, colonialist, corporatist, overly repressive system. 'Cause they evidently haven't heard the news

156070[/snapback]

If it's any consolation, Piglet, I didn't think you were a liberal, you criticize both sides :D

Yes, facts are facts and your arguments to this point have been void of them. By the way, are you thirsty???

Except that Jesse Jackson speaking out for life is a fact you don't want to face.

Game, set, match.

Thanks for playing! :P

Archived