Vols in trouble with the law

AUslug

Looks like UT is trying to catch up with South Carolina, when will the envy stop from Fulmer to Darth Visor? I'm shocked that none of the usual gang has posted this when it comes to something like this i.e. BG or Southlink.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/8376057

Guys, we dont know the full story. The dude was arguing with Schaffer's girlfriend. I know how guys can be...and it wouldnt take much of some guy saying the wrong thing to my girlfriend before I hit him either.

Tough call on this one because we were not there.

BG is right, we don't know the whole story.

BUT!!

When was the last time ever got the whole story when it pertained to one of the utee players' off the field conduct?? utee does a better job than anyone else of sweeping these things under the rug and just making them disappear. Sad but true.

utee does a better job than anyone else of sweeping these things under the rug and just making them disappear.

155128[/snapback]

**cough**Tee Martin**coughcough**

Uh, is the sky falling, cause it looks like BG is defending the Vols. :blink:

BG defending anything remotely Big Orange, I think I just saw a pig fly past Haley. Right now we don't have the full story and if Fulmer does his own "investigation", we will probably never know. There is a very disturbing pattern of players running a foul of the law up in Knoxville and walking away with very few problems. Fulmer must have a the 17 strike rule.

Here's another question I have....

When did the state of Tennessee change it's college system's conduct code for students?

When I was in college (undergraduate at MTSU), I can remember reading that if you got into a fight on campus and were caught, you would be expelled from school for a minimum of one semester and have to appear before the student conduct board before being readmitted to the university.

You would think that utee would at least try and enforce this once in a while. :blink:

Sounds like the whole SEC East should be locked up and not allowed to play this season.

155109[/snapback]

Or, just move 'em on over to the smaller "school" in west al. :D

I'm not really defending UT. I'm just saying, whether I hate the school/program/coaches/players...it doesnt give me the right to judge a situation that would very well see me acting the same way given possible (unknown) circumstances.

Seeing as how I understand what they are going through, I will wait until the accounts of the fight happening.

UT boards say Brent S. was be run at with a baseball bat.

I would deck someone too if they tried attacking me with a bat.

Seeing as how I understand what they are going through, I will wait until the accounts of the fight happening.

UT boards say Brent S. was be run at with a baseball bat.

I would deck someone too if they tried attacking me with a bat.

155193[/snapback]

Well, the link certainly says bats were around, but doesn't say much about who grabbed a bat first. At least they both apparently had enough sense to drop'em:

The document also said Schaeffer and Emerson grabbed bats but dropped them before hitting anyone, then Schaeffer picked up Emerson from behind and threw him on the floor. Emerson struck his head on the floor and needed four staples to close it, authorities said. Smith then hit Emerson while he was on the floor, the report said.
Self-defense and/or defense of a loved one under physical threat is understandable. Turning what is only a verbal exchange into a physical exchange is never acceptable, in my opinion, regardless of the vileness of the words.

What happened here? ...who knows, so I withhold judgement.

[Hope this doesnt' turn into another ethics debate in the football forum, like the Michael Vick/herpes thread...but I guess I just opened up that possiblity--Sorry]

I would agree. Being a somewhat public figure at the school (and yes, I don't mean that in a journalism way), I would hope the players understand that they need to bite their lip more then the usual person.

Unfort, I don't think a lot understand that....

well they are both suspended indefinately now!!!Phat Phil did something right for a change!! :poke: :Di got it off the volnation board.

According to the B'ham News today, 2 UGA starters were arrested for a bar fight at the Circle City Saloon in Athens. The 2 starters are: Derrick White and Kedric Golston. Coach Richt is gathering all the evidence he can before making any disciplinary decisions.

Archived