AU has highest ticket prices in SEC

Streyeder

Saw this on TF and thought it was quite interesting.

2005 SEC SEASON FOOTBALL TICKET PRICES

AUBURN $300.00

ALABAMA 280.00

LSU 252.00

TENNESSEE 246.00

OLE MISS 230.00

ARKANSAS 210.00

SOUTH CAROLINA 210.00

GEORGIA 192.00

KENTUCKY 185.00

MISSISSIPPI STATE 175.00

FLORIDA 168.00

VANDERBILT 120.00

2004 SEC ANNUAL FUNDS

FLORIDA $24,018,572

GEORGIA 19,562,663

TENNESSEE 14,000,000

SOUTH CAROLINA 12,018,000

LSU 11,761,261

AUBURN 10,500,000

ALABAMA 10,286,333

ARKANSAS 9,750,000

MISSISSIPPI STATE 9,649,825

OLE MISS 8,978,860

KENTUCKY 7,143,438

VANDERBILT 2,230,000

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27206

Notice anything strange about UF??? :blink:

Last time I checked I only pay $75.00 for my tickets, oh wait I'm a student. That shows you that in this state price doesn't matter when it comes to football tickets. How come Ole Miss has such high season ticket prices? Who wants to see Memphis beat them in Oxford...again for that kinda money.

Last time I checked I only pay $75.00 for my tickets, oh wait I'm a student. That shows you that in this state price doesn't matter when it comes to football tickets. How come Ole Miss has such high season ticket prices? Who wants to see Memphis beat them in Oxford...again for that kinda money.

155270[/snapback]

Student tickets at UA are only $40. You also get a paper ticket that can be upgraded to a guest ticket for the cost difference.

Oh well, at least we don't have a lottery like UT with assigned seating and you have to pick up your tickets each week. What a pain.

Saw this on TF and thought it was quite interesting.
2005 SEC SEASON FOOTBALL TICKET PRICES

AUBURN $300.00

ALABAMA 280.00

LSU 252.00

TENNESSEE 246.00

OLE MISS 230.00

ARKANSAS 210.00

SOUTH CAROLINA 210.00

GEORGIA 192.00

KENTUCKY 185.00

MISSISSIPPI STATE 175.00

FLORIDA 168.00

VANDERBILT 120.00

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27206

Notice anything strange about UF??? :blink:

155269[/snapback]

I guess I understand why the best cost the most, but why is Bama so high? :moon::D:roflol:

I guess I understand why the best cost the most, but why is Bama so high? :moon:   :D  :roflol:

155278[/snapback]

Ahh, you beat me to it... But on the same token, why is Vandy so high?

Do these prices take into account the memberships you have to join to be put on waiting lists and whatnot? I bet all SEC schools, especially, UT, UGA, and UF would have much higher effective ticket prices. It would be interesting to see what an average ticket costs at the schools, because I think that $300 for Auburn is for leftover tickets (if there are any) that aren't snatched up by Tigers Unlimited.

Off topic... That guy's sig is pretty arrogant...

If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

I guess I should consider the source. I think God wants me to be humble, and I hope he makes me that way. I also think God wants me to get a valuable education, and experience things here that I can no other place (i.e. 13-0, not 6-6 :poke: ).

God MADE him "humble". :D

I think that $300 for Auburn is for leftover tickets (if there are any) that aren't snatched up by Tigers Unlimited.

155279[/snapback]

My wife and I just renewed our tickets, and it was 300 a pop, and we've been in TU for 8 years now.

I can't believe that UF's season tickets are so low. They must have to really donate to get on the list there.

155270[/snapback]

Student tickets at UA are only $40. You also get a paper ticket that can be upgraded to a guest ticket for the cost difference.

155276[/snapback]

Like they say, you get what you pay for :big:

Aren't you glad you are at Auburn? :cheer:

FLA still only charges $22 a ticket, but their donations are pretty steep.......if any tickets are available. i about choked when i opened my season ticket renewal last week. it was around $500 last year, now it's $600 for two. ouchers. but, of course it's so worth it when we get Ball State and Western Kentucky back-to-back. j/k. somebody's gotta pay it, might as well be me......but i love it, wouldn't give up my tickets for anything.

Guys, tickets are getting out of freaking control. When I first started going to bama games (~18 years ago) tickets were like 10 bucks. Now, even the crappy games are 40 bucks per. And the Iron Bowl was 60 last year i think.

Its becoming more of a "pro" feel than a family college feel. Oh...and do they do this at AU?...the UA ticket office will sell AS MANY seats to an individual that they want. So scalpers buy up huuuuge chunks of the "Tide Pride" section (which is the whole stadium except for students, faculty, and visitors)...now the ONLY way to get tickets is to buy em from a scalper or get crappy season tickets. (The scalpers buy up such huge chunks that it forces REAL season ticket purchasers to get sorry seats)

Last season upper deck utah st tickets were going for near 100 dollars each.

We charge the most for tickets and yet we still go over budget for athletic projects? I smell stinky management. hmm.gif

We charge the most for tickets and yet we still go over budget for athletic projects?  I smell stinky management.  hmm.gif

155321[/snapback]

No not our ever giving, greedy athletic department.

But I know if they wanted to , every time bama came to town, they could have $125 face value and it would still sell out.

Why do you thinkthey keep raising the price? Because they know you would be willing to put up your house for colateral just to buy tickets

My A&M season tickets (I have degrees from both Auburn and TAMU and I live 1.5 hours from College Station) are $410 and that is for only 6 home games...Texas game is a whopping $90. I thought long and hard before cutting that check this spring. Until Bill Byrne arrived as AD, a season ticket was around $275.

So...it could be worse. $300 for 7 home games is not that bad.

I have a ticket stub from the 1986 Auburn-GT game...$15. Student tickets were $4 apiece from 1987-1991, so it would appear that the scaled price between regular season tickets and student tickets is close to the same.

My A&M season tickets (I have degrees from both Auburn and TAMU and I live 1.5 hours from College Station) are $410 and that is for only 6 home games...Texas game is a whopping $90.  I thought long and hard before cutting that check this spring.  Until Bill Byrne arrived as AD, a season ticket was around $275.

So...it could be worse.  $300 for 7 home games is not that bad.

I have a ticket stub from the 1986 Auburn-GT game...$15.  Student tickets were $4 apiece from 1987-1991, so it would appear that the scaled price between regular season tickets and student tickets is close to the same.

155432[/snapback]

You have a point. I know the year I was at UA and they played at OU, the tickets were $75/pop. From what I heard it was because of their smaller stadium, but I never looked into it.

Amazing that after UGA won the SEC in 2002, they utterly took the school to town with raising ticket prices and did the same in 2004 and then AGAIN for last year and the expectations.

Simply amazing

I am moving back to New Orleans once I graduate this year so I won't be dealing with contributions.

Strey, I think OU was in the middle of some renovation project that year, but their stadium wasn't exactly small beforehand...those derned Okie noodlers fill that place up.

A&M's price increase was in 2003 and that saw the worst season in 20 years...I know several people that dropped their season tickets because they just couldn't afford to spend close to 2K on football tickets for a family of four. There were no sellouts last year and that was with OU coming to Kyle Field...this year's home schedule is Texas and a bunch of crap (Texas State, SMU, Baylor, Iowa State, Oklahoma State).

I'm very close to my limit regarding the price increases...when it's getting close to $100 for one football game, that's out of hand.

as long as i enjoy it like i still do, i'll pay the piper. i've spent $300. and not had near the fun that college football season is. add on $180. for SECCG tix. still a good bang for the buck if you ask me.

$600.00 was a big pill to swallow for us, but we still went ahead and did it eventhough we live really really far away and only go to 2-3 games per season. It could be worse, my fathers Redskins tickets are $85.00 per seat X 3 seats X 8 home games X $25.00 parking per game= $2,240.00 and that doesn't include any beer or oysters :(

Archived