Ilhan Omar

homersapien

On 3/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, Grumps said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/08/politics/ilhan-omar-criticizes-obama/index.html

What is Omar thinking? This seems odd.

Washington (CNN)A new interview with Rep. Ilhan Omar in which she appears to criticize former President Barack Obama as insufficiently progressive is the latest example of the freshman congresswoman's penchant for taking on the Democratic Party establishment, though she later disputed the report's characterization of her remarks.

In an interview published Friday, Politico quoted the Minnesota Democrat as dismissing the "hope and change" promoted by Obama as a "mirage" -- though she wasn't quoted using that word -- and she also criticized Obama for the "caging of kids" and "droning of countries around the world."
Omar also told Politico, "We can't be only upset with Trump. ... His policies are bad, but many of the people who came before him also had really bad policies. They just were more polished than he was.
"And that's not what we should be looking for anymore. We don't want anybody to get away with murder because they are polished. We want to recognize the actual policies that are behind the pretty face and the smile."
    The story characterized her description of Obama's policies as functioning within the same "fundamentally broken framework" as Trump, though Omar didn't cite Obama by name in that section of the published material.

It was posted to the thread 3-9.

Three days so far and no one responds, even tho they have responded to other posts. 

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply
    16 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Well a**hole, I’ve actually been busy so you’ll have to excuse me for not responding to you in a manner that you deem appropriate. I wasn’t aware of any disparaging remarks she made about Obama. Again, if you’d like to direct me to a link with the quote, I’ll respond. It might not be on your timetable since I’m not an elderly white male who can stay on a message board all day posting insane bull**** so I can make myself feel like I have worth and value in this world. I have a job and children as well as a crippled father to tend to. 

OUCH!   ;D

;)

Kevin McCarthy Is Lying About Ilhan Omar

He says she made derogatory comments about Jews. He’s really covering for his party.

......When McCarthy said on Friday that Omar had “questioned the ability of an American to have allegiance to America if they were Jewish,” he was responding to a reporter’s query. The reporter had asked whether Republicans were hypocritical to accuse Omar of invoking anti-Semitic tropes, given that “those very same tropes were advanced by Republicans in attacking people like George Soros.” One of the guilty Republicans is McCarthy, who tweeted just before the November midterms, “We cannot allow Soros, [Tom] Steyer, and [Michael] Bloomberg to BUY this election!” Another is Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, who accused a Jewish congressman last week of jumping “to Tom $teyer’s conclusion.” If Omar’s tweet about “the Benjamins” was anti-Semitic, so were Jordan’s and McCarthy’s.

McCarthy doesn’t want to admit that. So he pretends that Omar, unlike Jordan and himself, has explicitly targeted Jews......

Read the full article at:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/kevin-mccarthy-is-lying-about-ilhan-omar.html

17 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Well a**hole, I’ve actually been busy so you’ll have to excuse me for not responding to you in a manner that you deem appropriate. I wasn’t aware of any disparaging remarks she made about Obama. Again, if you’d like to direct me to a link with the quote, I’ll respond. It might not be on your timetable since I’m not an elderly white male who can stay on a message board all day posting insane bull****

Thank goodness for that. The board would sink in BS if you posted any more.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, GiveEmElle said:

Dual hypocrisy? Just who makes up this couple? 

Both parties share a the same problem. Hypocrites all around. 

icanthearyou.....you know it's true. Damn true. 

5 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Both parties share a the same problem. Hypocrites all around. 

icanthearyou.....you know it's true. Damn true. 

I’m weary of the “both parties” line. They aren’t the same. A party that promotes a boogeyman Jew funding every protest against Trump hardly has a write to chatter about hating Jews. 

On 3/12/2019 at 6:07 PM, DKW 86 said:

It was posted to the thread 3-9.

Three days so far and no one responds, even tho they have responded to other posts. 

So you have nothing better to do in life than keep up with how long it takes me to respond to your post while noting that I responded to other posts. Get a life a**hole. Even if I don’t agree with her comments on Obama, which if you will note she claims are mischarcterized, it doesn’t mean she is anti Semitic. You just look for a fight. You can’t win with the males on here so you think a female is an easy win. You look like a complete fool whining about how long it takes me to respond. Now run along and play in the street.

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’m weary of the “both parties” line. They aren’t the same. A party that promotes a boogeyman Jew funding every protest against Trump hardly has a write to chatter about hating Jews. 

They both share in the gradual demise of this country and the “boogeyman” style of political “leadership”. It’s a fact. The massive pendulum swings. The radicalization of a once “traditional” act of bipartisan legislative work. Sure we had generational problems tied to global issues and local ignorance but the two party system is nothing more than a game of power shifts with authoritarian desire. The self destructive nature of the right and left leave us with a not so desirable outcome. 

7 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

So you have nothing better to do in life than keep up with how long it takes me to respond to your post while noting that I responded to other posts. Get a life a**hole. Even if I don’t agree with her comments on Obama, which if you will note she claims are mischarcterized, it doesn’t mean she is anti Semitic. You just look for a fight. You can’t win with the males on here so you think a female is an easy win. You look like a complete fool whining about how long it takes me to respond. Now run along and play in the street.

Image result for troll my job here is done

On 3/13/2019 at 7:59 PM, autigeremt said:

They both share in the gradual demise of this country and the “boogeyman” style of political “leadership”. It’s a fact. The massive pendulum swings. The radicalization of a once “traditional” act of bipartisan legislative work. Sure we had generational problems tied to global issues and local ignorance but the two party system is nothing more than a game of power shifts with authoritarian desire. The self destructive nature of the right and left leave us with a not so desirable outcome. 

I hear what you’re saying. From where I’m standing, I don’t see it and I vehemently disageee. That doesn’t mean I’m saying that left wing politicians are faultless, I’m not. They make mistakes too. But there’s only one party trying to take healthcare away from my child with a pre existing condition. There’s only one party trying to control what I and my daughters can and cannot do with our bodies. There’s only one party trying to condemn my gay friends and take away their right to marry and have children. There’s only one party trying to starve its citizens by eliminating SNAP. There is only one party demonizing immigrants while turning a blind eye to white supremacy. There’s only one party in cahoots with Russia. I see a huge difference. 

That doesn’t mean I’m saying that left wing politicians are faultless, I’m not. They make mistakes too.

But there’s only one party trying to take healthcare away from my child with a pre existing condition.
    Actually, I cant say anyone is seriously questioning pre-existing conditions anymore. 

There’s only one party trying to control what I and my daughters can and cannot do with our bodies.
    This is so old I wont even waste the server space to take it apart.

There’s only one party trying to condemn my gay friends and take away their right to marry and have children.
    This is a 100% Agree Here. Absolutely true.

There’s only one party trying to starve its citizens by eliminating SNAP.
    True!!!!!! 

There is only one party demonizing immigrants while turning a blind eye to white supremacy.
    Agree here too. There is only one party not addressing valid concerns of average Americans on this topic though. 
    After sounding like DJT forever, the Dems have now forgotten everything they have said and promised in the past about illegal immigration. 

There’s only one party in cahoots with Russia.
    Mr Mueller might disagree with you.

I see a huge difference. 
    I see a difference, not much, but a difference.

Some of us also wonder why after 30 years our schools are still failing. Democrat Fail.
    Some of us wonder why we have such a huge income and wealth gap. Republican Fail.
    Some of us wonder why we have a huge National Debt. Republican Fail.
    Some of us wonder why we have such destroyed inner cities like Detroit. Democrat Fail.
    Some of us wonder why we have Kids buried in College Debt. Republican Fail.
    Some of us wonder why we have Banking Running amok again. Republican Fail.
    Some of us wonder why we have SJWs screaming about Russians when no one actually looking seems to be able to find anything worth talking about. Democrat Fail.
    Some of us wonder why we have Everyone Covered in Health Care. Republican Fail.

I do see some differences, but both parties are so tied to special interests and lobbyists that they both stab The Average American in the back most days. 

I will never understand how people can think that requiring insurance companies to insure people with pre-existing conditions is a good idea. It makes far more sense for someone with pre-existing conditions to pay the market rate and the government pay the difference between the market rate and the pre-existing condition rate.

🤔...maybe nothing but an interesting “class” to take 

Archived