2020 3* QB Chayil Garnett Commits to AU!

aucanucktiger

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

We're this close to early signing day and I still cannot fathom why we're taking this kid.

Which uncommitted QB do you want?

8 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I still cannot fathom why we're taking this kid.

Maybe the coaches that have done his evaluations have seen something in him that fans can't from highlight films.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Maybe the coaches that have done his evaluations have seen something in him that fans can't from highlight films.

Same thing these coaches are seeing, I guess.

vYkFLHk.png

DFpdLWJ.png

3 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

vYkFLHk.png

DFpdLWJ.png

Because I’m sure our coaching staff is sitting in their offices looking over his 247 page. 

10 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Because I’m sure our coaching staff is sitting in their offices looking over his 247 page. 

Not great at getting the point, I see.  He doesn't have a single other offer from a Power 5 school.  

Mark me down as wasted scholly and we can revisit in a few years.

I agree somewhat with Dyehard.  Not any attention from Power 5 schools but hey ….maybe he's a diamond in the rough.  It just appears to me that he's another M. Willis. It also reminds me that Gus is putting all his eggs in the basket with Bo with no emphasis on continuing to recruit a high level QB for the next class.  Am I missing something?

27 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Not great at getting the point, I see.  He doesn't have a single other offer from a Power 5 school.  

Mark me down as wasted scholly and we can revisit in a few years.

Still ready for Garner to be fired too? 

13 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Still ready for Garner to be fired too? 

If he'll finally sign some solid edge rushers I'd be a lot happier with him.  Looks like he's striking out again this season.

9 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

If he'll finally sign some solid edge rushers I'd be a lot happier with him.  Looks like he's striking out again this season.

This post is laughable. The man signed the best 2 DL we’ve had almost a decade. Then he coached them up to 1st team All-SEC, developed Brown into a top 8 NFL draft pick, and you’re complaining because we don’t have some soft kid who can’t/won’t play the run and just wants to try and sack the QB committed? Cute.

1 minute ago, AUinGA44 said:

This post is laughable. The man signed the best 2 DL we’ve had almost a decade. Then he coached them up to 1st team All-SEC, developed Brown into a top 8 NFL draft pick, and you’re complaining because we don’t have some soft kid who can’t/won’t play the run and just wants to try and sack the QB committed? Cute.

We were amazing on the interior line.  Those guys Rodney signed 4 years ago are one of the best tandem to play in my lifetime.

We had no edge rush and appear we'll be the same next season.

Both of these are true.

7 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

vYkFLHk.png

DFpdLWJ.png

Yup cuz listed offers means everything, especially since in most cases most listed offers aren't committable.

7 hours ago, SouthGATiger said:

I agree somewhat with Dyehard.  Not any attention from Power 5 schools but hey ….maybe he's a diamond in the rough.  It just appears to me that he's another M. Willis. It also reminds me that Gus is putting all his eggs in the basket with Bo with no emphasis on continuing to recruit a high level QB for the next class.  Am I missing something?

@SouthGATiger yes you & @dyehardfanAU both are. After signing a 5* like Bo Nix the chances of following it up with a big time QB in the next class are low unless you have a history of QB recognition or developing them a la Oklahoma & Clemson respectively. Remember fellas we were all in on Haynes King but could never get higher than 3 in his race because we have Bo & Joey at that time.

6 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

If he'll finally sign some solid edge rushers

Derrick Hall appreciates the snub. And remember we lead for 2021 5* Buck Dylan Brooks.

6 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

We were amazing on the interior line.  Those guys Rodney signed 4 years ago are one of the best tandem to play in my lifetime.

We had no edge rush and appear we'll be the same next season.

Both of these are true.

We haven't struck out yet. Don't be surprise if we land juco Deandre Butler in February. He had a big season rushing the QB.

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@SouthGATiger yes you & @dyehardfanAU both are. After signing a 5* like Bo Nix the chances of following it up with a big time QB in the next class are low unless you have a history of QB recognition or developing them a la Oklahoma & Clemson respectively. Remember fellas we were all in on Haynes King but could never get higher than 3 in his race because we have Bo & Joey at that time.

Of course it's going to be tough to pull another 5* in this class but we're competing against 0 teams with a pulse for the kid and that tells me all I need to know.

Looks like he’ll have to be the guy coming in and adding needed depth. Seems like we won’t have a 2nd qb in the class. 

46 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Looks like he’ll have to be the guy coming in and adding needed depth. Seems like we won’t have a 2nd qb in the class. 

I feel like we’re going to try to get a second. Just won’t be at ENSD

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

I feel like we’re going to try to get a second. Just won’t be at ENSD

Malik Hornsby and Robby Ashford are the only two we’ve offered that aren’t committed elsewhere. I’ve always liked Ashford.

12 hours ago, SouthGATiger said:

Our rb2 was committed to Appalachia when we found him, so there’s that.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Malik Hornsby and Robby Ashford are the only two we’ve offered that aren’t committed elsewhere. I’ve always liked Ashford.

I asked about Ashford in another thread and they said we’re not showing any interest in him

34 minutes ago, toddc said:

Our rb2 was committed to Appalachia when we found him, so there’s that.

Our RB1 was going to commit to Tulane when we found him

5 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Of course it's going to be tough to pull another 5* in this class but we're competing against 0 teams with a pulse for the kid and that tells me all I need to know.

Daniel Thomas (all-SEC safety) and Boobie Whitlow are a couple of others that didn't have any P-5 offers. They worked out very well.

Archived