2021 5* CB Ga'Quincy “Kool Aid” McKinstry (Bama)

War to the Eagle

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Ah, I see where you're coming from. But you have to pay attention to the words before being unable to imagine him not being entranced: I have my orange and blue glasses on with that. Meaning it's difficult for me to understand why anyone wouldn't prefer Auburn to those other campuses. Objectively, yes, I know that all the schools in the SEC, especially those he's considering, are great opportunities. But subjectively, I don't understand not wanting to call Auburn home during the college years.

You are 110 percent right about that. Like I said, I feel like every recruit always states how Auburn has that family feel! I think the struggle for most is many of them have to combat the feel versus professional decision. For many young athletes, this decision is a business decision more than anything. My interpretation based on that tweet is that this young man is going to pick the school, which puts himself and his family in the best position for their future. I like to think that is Auburn because both in football and basketball, he could flourish.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are 110 percent right about that. Like I said, I feel like every recruit always states how Auburn has that family feel! I think the struggle for most is many of them have to combat the feel versus professional decision. For many young athletes, this decision is a business decision more than anything. My interpretation based on that tweet is that this young man is going to pick the school, which puts himself and his family in the best position for their future. I like to think that is Auburn because both in football and basketball, he could flourish.

Well, the thing for me is that Auburn is pretty close to the pinnacle when it comes to what a university should be, at least in my eyes. I mean, we don't quite have the academics of the Ivy Leagues, but we aren't too far behind that. We have a championship caliber program in football and basketball (not to mention various other athletics programs). We have an atmosphere that just makes you feel at home, and as good a chance to prepare yourself professionally for pretty much every career short of law or non-veterinary medicine as anywhere in the country. So I just can't understand why anyplace else would be better...especially for a defensive back.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

I legitimately hope so. It'd be better that he go where he wants to go than to go to Auburn (or any other school) if that's not where he feels at home. Don't get me wrong, I want him to come to Auburn a great deal, and with my orange and blue shades, I can't imagine why he wouldn't be entranced by the place...but it's his life.

What he is saying in this tweet is that he is getting a tremendous amount of pressure from friends and friends of friends to go to bama.  The pressure on kids from the B'ham and surrounding area to go to tuscaloosa is enormous.  Just ask Quandarious Robinson or his coach from last year.  Some kids and their families cave in, but hopefully Kool Aid is not one of them.

20 minutes ago, tinman said:

What he is saying in this tweet is that he is getting a tremendous amount of pressure from friends and friends of friends to go to bama.  The pressure on kids from the B'ham and surrounding area to go to tuscaloosa is enormous.  Just ask Quandarious Robinson or his coach from last year.  Some kids and their families cave in, but hopefully Kool Aid is not one of them.

That would make sense, and it could easily mean Auburn or LSU.

3 hours ago, tinman said:

He could also just as easily mean the fans clamoring him on Twitter as so many do, especially since a lot of recruits are asking for fan input nowadays. Just saying.

7 hours ago, TieGrrrr said:

CFBS has a little rundown of his recruitment, I like the little set up they do for these, and there's a scouting report attached as well.  Here's the link... 

https://cfbsaturdays.com/recruiting-battle-gaquincy-mckinstry/

War Eagle!

doesn't mention the basketball factor at all.????

14 hours ago, Rednilla said:

So I just can't understand why anyplace else would be better...especially for a defensive back.

We have narrowed the gap big time these last 2-3 years, but the NFL is dripping with DBs from bama and LSU. So there is merit to him thinking that one of those would give him the best chance to pursue his dreams. 

But yeah, at this point? Auburn is definitely a safe bet to position an elite DB- or any defensive player- for the draft. That feels really great to say with confidence.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We have narrowed the gap big time these last 2-3 years, but the NFL is dripping with DBs from bama and LSU. So there is merit to him thinking that one of those would give him the best chance to pursue his dreams. 

But yeah, at this point? Auburn is definitely a safe bet to position an elite DB- or any defensive player- for the draft. That feels really great to say with confidence.

We definitely starting narrow that gap. Both of the Buccaneers starting CB’s are from Auburn then we took a WR and made him a 1st round pick CB in 2 years. Also Daniel Thomas was a low 3 star recruit and we developed him and he was drafted in like the 5th round

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

We definitely starting narrow that gap. Both of the Buccaneers starting CB’s are from Auburn then we took a WR and made him a 1st round pick CB in 2 years. Also Daniel Thomas was a low 3 star recruit and we developed him and he was drafted in like the 5th round

And we've got more in the chamber. So satisfying. 

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

DT was a high 2-star on his way to Jacksonville State. Ranked somewhere in 1500's of highschool recruits in the nation.

If anything I think that could also be used to challenge the hot-shots who think they can walk in on day-1. All of that is to say: Auburn's Defensive is legit.

29 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

If anything I think that could also be used to challenge the hot-shots who think they can walk in on day-1.

As long as you don't challenge them too much before that fax comes in. 

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

DT was a high 2-star on his way to Jacksonville State. Ranked somewhere in 1500's of highschool recruits in the nation.

If anything I think that could also be used to challenge the hot-shots who think they can walk in on day-1. All of that is to say: Auburn's Defensive is legit.

DT was headed to Minnesota if it wasn’t for Auburn calling at the last second

3 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

It was Minnesota if that matters.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

It was Minnesota if that matters.

Not a fan of yours. And I don't think it matters but you are right. I get the point biggie was trying to make though. He was just showing how incredible it was that DT got drafted. War Damn DT!

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not a fan of yours. And I don't think it matters but you are right. I get the point biggie was trying to make though. He was just showing how incredible it was that DT got drafted. War Damn DT!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29w2mxvbkbkj7wbodylp

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I completely agree (except the first sentence which is confusing).  Daniel was my man crush.  I was simply correcting him that it was Minnesota that he was committed to, not Jacksonville State.  

Just now, DAG said:

Yeah I don’t understand that either.  It was a little out of left field.  I thought he and I were cool with each other.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

bcvcb.gif

errew.gif

yyj.gif

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Yeah I don’t understand that either.  It was a little out of left field.  I thought he and I were cool with each other.

dfsfsderw.gif

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I completely agree (except the first sentence which is confusing).  Daniel was my man crush.  I was simply correcting him that it was Minnesota that he was committed to, not Jacksonville State.  

Good ish dude!!! I just think the poster was making a blanket statement about how huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge of a deal it is that DT got drafted to get his point across. Could be wrong but I thought it was tongue in cheek and he knew that DT was going to Minny.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Good ish dude!!! I just think the poster was making a blanket statement about how huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge of a deal it is that DT got drafted to get his point across. Could be wrong but I thought it was tongue in cheek and he knew that DT was going to Minny.

Ah okay.  I guess I missed that if that was the intent.  It is a big deal though.  That’s why I usually pick guys like DT for my man crush because I like rooting for those guys to succeed (Eli Stone last year coming off of his injury and Dinson before that after his knee essentially blew up after the blindside hit at A&M).

Archived