NCAA Regional - Game 2 vs Georgia Tech

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GT leaves em loaded again in the fifth and Coastal will take a 7-2 lead to the bottom of the 5th as the home team. Will get to the sixth inning with at least a 5 run lead....

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

No, he doesn't.  I'm betting he's coaching for his job.  He has had an unbeleivable wealth of talent on the flats and has done just about nothing with it.  That was one of the reasons I thought we could have a chance in an Atlanta regional.  I have seen the Jackets lose so many regionals/super regionals on that field.  Hall has lost a regional or super regional 7 freaking times at home...that's got to be a record. They haven't advanced past the first round in 13 years.

I guess that's possible but he's been there over 20 years with 1000 wins.....stuff like that does not happen by accident though it looks like his record in recent years before this one has been less than stellar. . 

15 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Tech leaves bases loaded for two innings in a row. 

And loaded again.....CC dodging bullets from all directions.....just have to think that sooner or later someone will get a clutch hit. 

GT plates a pair on a two out 2 RBI single. Side-arm pitcher for Coastal had gotten out of two bases loaded jams. Coach left him in for one more than I would’ve let him go, I think, but score is now 7-4 Coastal.

hope both teams use up their pitching staffs today.....

HP ump ejects CC pitching coach during a visit to the mound.  The extended visit was intentional to get the HP ump out so he could have a discussion about balls and strikes.  It also allowed extra warm up time for the bullpen. 

Well...that's probably it.....tech with a triple to tie the game......CCU could not throw strikes.....pitching coach got tossed.....tied with lead runner on third and no outs...

Wheels fell off on Coastal. Probably about to give up a 5 run lead this inning. They’ll need their bats to come alive one more time. Good thing is, GT has exhausted some pitching today

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

What about coastal’s depth? Any insight? A shootout here would use up a lot of pitchers for both teams hopefully

No idea but it doesn’t look like it will matter. If I had to guess, they aren’t deep either. 

Well..>CCU making it interesting all of a sudden...bases loaded and no outs trailing by 2.   High risk defensive play did not work out and runner was safe....I guess...missed the tag ?.

Big break for tech....that was a two run single for certain.......and game tied....but pitcher flagged it down and turned into a DP....and tech gets out of the inning.  Wow..tech saved themselves a lot of grief that inning. 

CCU gets one run...9-8 favor of tech.. 

Thx for updates.....maybe we can CCU can squeeze out two more somehow.   I have to think our chances are better against CCU.

Archived