NCAA Regional - Game 2 vs Georgia Tech

Interestingly, we out hit them 11-9

neither team had a walk and both teams had 6 K’s

errors were the early difference and fitts pitches a gem until we got the win.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jared52 said:

All I can think about is how Rod would have called that one...

Legit misty-eyed right now thinking about it. We all knew there would be Auburn athletics magic moments after him, but to be honest I wasn’t expecting such a big one so soon after his passing. He’d have crushed it. The hushed, almost resigned-to-our-fate undertones setting up the two strike pitch...the sudden pitch change in his voice as the no-doubter left the bat...the excitement as he called it towering over the right field wall...and the ultimate insanity and true fan elation in his voice as Steven rounded the bases. AUBURN WINS. AUBURN WINS. AUBURN WINS.

I’m going to have to ask my grandfather when I see him in heaven what the heavenly call was like. I know we missed a good one.

:flame::gt::flame::gt:

:flame::gt::flame::gt:

What a BUZZ KILL! 

Following the game on Twitter - I know Rod Bramblett made an incredible call in heaven on that one! War Eagle, Steven Williams! Way to make up for that error!

51 minutes ago, AU64 said:

last night the hitters were under control but several swinging for the fences tonight.....

That's what they do. 

Talk about a mistake pitch....Williams got 101% of that one, pretty sure he broke a window in the Fiji house.

I got the same feeling from this game as the 1989 Florida football game. In that one we were down 7-3 with 4th and long and only a few seconds left. Then Slack throws a 40-yard TD pass to Wasden and Auburn wins 10-7. Through the course of both games there was little indication at AU would win other than the score was kept close. Then KA-Pow at the end. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger.

Turned it off mid-game as the 3 ladies in my house overruled me during dinner and never turned it back on as I just had a gut feeling it wasn't AU's night.  :slapfh: :blink: :brickwall:

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Turned it off mid-game as the 3 ladies in my house overruled me during dinner and never turned it back on as I just had a gut feeling it wasn't AU's night.  :slapfh: :blink: :brickwall:

Had a similar situation myself...

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

Dude didn't even realize it was a walk-off. Smh.  will you ever hear a worse call for a three-run walk-off home run?

HAHAHAHAHHA!!!...... Here is the Auburn call for it. Better?

So this is funny.....look at the text under the title of the article. Mr Blum had his article written and had to change it!! Forgot to edit it out🙄C4EE0B97-4C4F-435E-980F-BD34E298D237.png

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I got the same feeling from this game as the 1989 Florida football game. In that one we were down 7-3 with 4th and long and only a few seconds left. Then Slack throws a 40-yard TD pass to Wasden and Auburn wins 10-7. Through the course of both games there was little indication at AU would win other than the score was kept close. Then KA-Pow at the end. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger.

I was at the game 

I know I am getting way ahead, but if we eliminate GT, UNC will host Super Regional, right?  

Is there a chance we host if UNC gets upset also?  

Archived