2020 4* Star Ladarius Tennison Commits to AU!

ellitor

On 6/21/2019 at 3:19 PM, ellitor said:

24 offers including AU, Miami, UNC, Clemson, Gators, FSU, UGA, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn St., aTm, & WVU
AU believed to be a major contender & in top 3 with Miami & Gators
Former Miami commit

They move this kid all over the field. What stuck out to me was his straight line speed and his ability to run through his pads. His hits are absolutely violent despite his shorter frame *like a Worm on the defensive side*. He looks like he's trying to murder someone. He finds holes in the OL really well when he's running the ball and when he's blitzing. Solid punt returner as well. Good hands make him an interception magnet and he reminds me of a Honey Badger type. Have him roam the field in various spots.

If used correctly he could be a terror that has to always be accounted for.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

They move this kid all over the field. What stuck out to me was his straight line speed and his ability to run through his pads. His hits are absolutely violent despite his shorter frame *like a Worm on the defensive side*. He looks like he's trying to murder someone. He finds holes in the OL really well when he's running the ball and when he's blitzing. Solid punt returner as well. Good hands make him an interception magnet and he reminds me of a Honey Badger type. Have him roam the field in various spots.

If used correctly he could be a terror that has to always be accounted for.

He has the potential to be like one of LSU's usually dominant safeties IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He has the potential to be like one of LSU's usually dominant safeties IMO.

Reminds me of smoke with a little more “umph” behind his hits. 

Edited by Zeek

On 10/15/2019 at 6:05 PM, Zeek said:

Reminds me of smoke with a little more “umph” behind his hits. 

Smoke hits hard tho

18 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Smoke hits hard tho

I love Smoke but sometimes he is to intent on the hard hit as opposed to making a clean tackle.  It is a fine line. you want a safety to be physical but a safety has to be a sure tackler as they are the last line of defense. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I love Smoke but sometimes he is to intent on the hard hit as opposed to making a clean tackle.  It is a fine line. you want a safety to be physical but a safety has to be a sure tackler as they are the last line of defense. 

See Carolina Panthers’ Eric Reid

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Junior Rosegreen?

Don't know why I forgot about him. Still though, that was 15 years ago.

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Don't know why I forgot about him. Still though, that was 15 years ago.

I really thought Smoke was going to be that guy who could be an All-American. So far he has shown potential but that's about it. How do you see his career going forward?

6 minutes ago, CR said:

I really thought Smoke was going to be that guy who could be an All-American. So far he has shown potential but that's about it. How do you see his career going forward?

I would've started him as a tFR next to Dinson.  He and Sherwood both have the tools but just need the opportunity/reps to shine. It's hard to get In a rhythm at safety when you're in and out of games so much.  I think next year we will see an overall upgrade at safety when Smoke and Sherwood take over. That said, don't sleep on Zion either. He will be a good one.

The scheme Steele uses doesn't lend itself to anyone in the secondary to really have stand out, gaudy stats. They may be great, but won't get the awards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2019 at 3:02 AM, bigbird said:

I just wish we could have another all-american safety sometime. It's been 25 years since Brian Robinson.

He brought us a lot of joy!

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 6:34 AM, bigbird said:

I would've started him as a tFR next to Dinson.  He and Sherwood both have the tools but just need the opportunity/reps to shine. It's hard to get In a rhythm at safety when you're in and out of games so much.  I think next year we will see an overall upgrade at safety when Smoke and Sherwood take over. That said, don't sleep on Zion either. He will be a good one.

The scheme Steele uses doesn't lend itself to anyone in the secondary to really have stand out, gaudy stats. They may be great, but won't get the awards.

I have been surprised with D.T. #24 play this season. He just seems to have taken a step back to me. I had high hopes but I am ready to see more of Smoke and Sherwood. I think next year our secondary as a whole takes a step. Kind of like the LB group this year, less experience, but better athletes. It will hurt losing Dinson, but he isn't irreplaceable. J. Davis will be gone and possibly Iggy. If Iggy comes back we would have Iggy and McCreary at CB at I am guessing, Tutt at NB, and Monday and Sherwood at Safety..?  I like the sound of that. Same LB corp and a solid D line that will obviously take a step back but should still be solid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I have been surprised with D.T. #24 play this season. He just seems to have taken a step back to me. I had high hopes but I am ready to see more of Smoke and Sherwood. I think next year our secondary as a whole takes a step. Kind of like the LB group this year, less experience, but better athletes. It will hurt losing Dinson, but he isn't irreplaceable. J. Davis will be gone and possibly Iggy. If Iggy comes back we would have Iggy and McCreary at CB at I am guessing, Tutt at NB, and Monday and Sherwood at Safety..?  I like the sound of that. Same LB corp and a solid D line that will obviously take a step back but should still be solid.

Iggy ain't coming back barring injury.

Also don't forget jucos Domio (commit) & Brian George. Many coaches think George is especially special. Both will come in expecting to win a starting CB job & no worse than the top slot CB.

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I've been impressed with McCreary this season and I  know JMR wrote about him in most of his "Things I thought I saw"; Tutt on the other hand is a great open field tackler, don't know if I've seen him miss one yet.    

1 hour ago, AUMASTERS said:

I've been impressed with McCreary this season and I  know JMR wrote about him in most of his "Things I thought I saw"; Tutt on the other hand is a great open field tackler, don't know if I've seen him miss one yet.    

McCreary has been impressive to me as well. Ready for more Smoke/Sherwood and Tutt to keep shining.

• Like 1

Sherwood looks like the better player between he and Smoke, at the moment. Both have a load of talent. I’m hoping Askew continues to improve to give us a third safety we’re comfortable with. 

If Domio is what you hope for in a JUCO corner (or George or Appiah), the starting secondary is going to look fine even without Iggy. Domio/McCreary/Tutt/Sherwood/Monday is a secondary with length and speed. That’s a group of movie monsters. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Eh.  Room for improvement.  He still has time to turn things around.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Eh.  Room for improvement.  He still has time to turn things around.

Don't say that. a4e will somehow see those As as Fs now.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It was only a 7 post derailment. Wasn't that bad.

Speaking of derailments...have you heard the one about Golf, Gene, Jeffy walking into a bar?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Speaking of derailments...have you heard the one about Golf, Gene, Jeffy walking into a bar?

"Damn near killed 'em!"
"Hey, you can't bring that thing in here!"
*Jeffy and Gene slowly turn to look at Golf*