Things I like about Gus

nixtosanders94

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Facepalm?  Really?  How about just have the mature conversation instead?  These stupid "down-votes" & "facepalms"... millennial hogwash.

I would have been happy to discuss but instead I'll just point out that you're the one who called yourself a "broken clock" (only right twice a day) as opposed to a "broken record" (which would also be an apt description of your posts). 

Wow.

Okay... overreaction. 

You tried to imply that what I did was immature, but you're the one blowing up over a reaction icon. You're also the one pointing out silly metaphor mix ups as evidence of ... I'm actually not really sure what that proves other than I don't know colloquialisms very well, which I'll  admit I don't. That has nothing to do with knowledge of football or intelligence. 

I'm not getting into a stupid internet argument with you over this, so I'll leave it at this... I disagree with your post. 

Now, can we leave middle school and go back to talking about football?

20 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I'm just one that believes the backup should be able to execute your playbook for the most part. If he can't do that then he's really not your backup, he's more like your opponent's backup because the game just became simpler for them. Hopefully Joey can but we haven't seen too much yet. What we have seen is impressive. 

Gus does tend to be predictable in his play calling. I'm definitely not one who complains about not running enough. I like throwing the ball and I like the gadget plays but there's a time for those and first and goal at the two is not the time for it. At the same time the first down dive play after a long gainer is not fooling anyone. I really do want Gus to succeed. 

Agreed. But we don't really know what Gatewood is capable of, and I think that's what's making people uncomfortable here. People don't really want Gus giving other teams film of Gatewood throwing it. I think some of the folks angry about Gatewood's lack of throws are concerned that Gus isn't preparing him or are concerned that Gus wouldn't let him throw it in a real game. They want to see Gatewood throw it because that's "evidence" in their mind that he'll be able to do so later in the season. The reality is that few (if any) of us know what's going on in practice, and no one on this forum knows what Gus's plan is with Gatewood moving forward. For all we know, Gatewood is throwing a lot in practice. For all we know, Gatewood will get to throw it against some of the more difficult teams on our schedule. As I've stated multiple times over the last few weeks, people just need to CALM DOWN. Like many other concerns people have been aggressively raising as "facts," we'll know more after next week. 

40 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Okay... overreaction. 

You tried to imply that what I did was immature, but you're the one blowing up over a reaction icon. You're also the one pointing out silly metaphor mix ups as evidence of ... I'm actually not really sure what that proves other than I don't know colloquialisms very well, which I'll  admit I don't. That has nothing to do with knowledge of football or intelligence. 

I'm not getting into a stupid internet argument with you over this, so I'll leave it at this... I disagree with your post. 

Now, can we leave middle school and go back to talking about football?

Okay you got me.  That's what I'm known for is being an overreacting middle-schooler.

Again.... Wow.

Recruits typically say that during their visits the the staff made them feel like their education and future beyond football was just as important to them as football. I feel like that starts at the top with Gus. 

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

best post of the month!

Ed O has outcoached Gus (or Gus just 'was himself') twice now.   Not something to be proud of.

I disagree.  Orgeron is leaps and bounds better as a HC in the SEC than Gus is.  

Things I like about Gus...

Well, he's my man crush, :wub: but we've kind of been taking our relationship slow this year. I have trust issues with him, but he's been working hard on them. We'll see how it goes when we go through some real adversity. I like that he's loyal. I like that he's a good guy. Okay, I even like that he has a great wife, even though that makes things kind of complicated.  I like a lot about him that doesn't have to do with football.

Get your minds out of the gutters!!! :Sing: I'm talking about his faith, his caring about the kids above and beyond football, and his love for Auburn. :wedance:

38 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Things I like about Gus...

Well, he's my man crush, :wub: but we've kind of been taking our relationship slow this year. I have trust issues with him, but he's been working hard on them. We'll see how it goes when we go through some real adversity. I like that he's loyal. I like that he's a good guy. Okay, I even like that he has a great wife, even though that makes things kind of complicated.  I like a lot about him that doesn't have to do with football.

Get your minds out of the gutters!!! :Sing: I'm talking about his faith, his caring about the kids above and beyond football, and his love for Auburn. :wedance:

$14.7 mil (or whatever it is, its all unfathomable to me) can buy a lot of loyalty!

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I disagree.  Orgeron is leaps and bounds better as a HC in the SEC than Gus is.  

Dang...you are probably right.   I did not think of it like that.   Oh that hurts even more.

14 hours ago, AUFriction said:

I love how the "let's actually say something positive about Gus" thread has again been hijacked by the Gus-haters.

Like this.  :lol:  (For those wondering this happened at Music Midtown in Atlanta this past weekend.  People tearing down a fence and bum rushing security so they could see Travis Scott perform.)

23 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Like this.  :lol:  (For those wondering this happened at Music Midtown in Atlanta this past weekend.  People tearing down a fence and bum rushing security so they could see Travis Scott perform.)

Funny and kinda not at the same time. Boundaries? What boundaries? I don't see no stinkin boundaries.

This behavior is really not surprising anymore. So many people are only concerned about what they want. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Funny and kinda not at the same time. Boundaries? What boundaries? I don't see no stinkin boundaries.

This behavior is really not surprising anymore. So many people are only concerned about what they want. 

I see where you are coming from.  At one end it is funny, but as someone who had to buy one of those tickets to Music Midtown in 2014, I am not a fan of these kids who were not willing to pay for the ticket I had to pay for.  I am really not a fan of that music festival anymore as it completely destroys Piedmont Park.

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I see where you are coming from.  At one end it is funny, but as someone who had to buy one of those tickets to Music Midtown in 2014, I am not a fan of these kids who were not willing to pay for the ticket I had to pay for.  I am really not a fan of that music festival anymore as it completely destroys Piedmont Park.

So, I could google it but who is Travis Scott? 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

So, I could google it but who is Travis Scott? 🤷‍♂️

Rapper who performed with Maroon 5 at the Super Bowl last year.  You probably would recognize this song:

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I guess I’m old man. Never heard of him. 

I probably just assumed the 94 in your name meant 1994

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

😂😂 

I’m 42 in years, 94 in soul...

Right there with you.  I'm 36, work for a major music distributor, and couldn't tell you a single song of his.  If it was made after 1999, there's a really strong chance I don't know the song.

Travis Scott is HUGE... but I don't know his music. I mean, he's got to have a song that I would recognize. But I don't know that it's a Travis Scott song. 

That said, there is a ton of amazing music being made right now, in every genre. 

25 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Right there with you.  I'm 36, work for a major music distributor, and couldn't tell you a single song of his.  If it was made after 1999, there's a really strong chance I don't know the song.

What do you do in this role? Lol. I am not a huge fan of his but I would hope you would have some idea of the current times as a distributor 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

What do you do in this role? Lol. I am not a huge fan of his but I would hope you would have some idea of the current times as a distributor 

So I'm actually in our video game division.  However, our company's core competency is music.  Not my job to know music but I have access to a lot of info/music which I never use because they aren't games.

Archived