Things I like about Gus

nixtosanders94

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

So I'm actually in our video game division.  However, our company's core competency is music.  Not my job to know music but I have access to a lot of info/music which I never use because they aren't games.

That sounds like a bad ass job tbh.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

So I'm actually in our video game division.  However, our company's core competency is music.  Not my job to know music but I have access to a lot of info/music which I never use because they aren't games.

Pivoting a little bit, are you guys pulling from a bank of music you have licensing rights to? How do you select the music for certain projects? We can take this to PM if it clutters things

17 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I disagree.  Orgeron is leaps and bounds better as a HC in the SEC than Gus is.  

Curious as to why you think this? Is it just based off of head to head results? I disagree and here is why. He has lost at least 3 games each year. One of those being to Troy, one being to MSST. He has lost to Bama, TAMU, and UF as well. He inherited one of the most talent filled rosters in the country with a lock on in-state recruiting. He has had 2 of the top 3 worst recruiting classes (both team ranking and average player ranking) in the past decade. I think he is better than what many expected but I disagree that he is "leaps and bounds" better than Gus. The verdict is really still out. He did make what seems to be a wise decision in bringing in Joe Brady to beef up that Offense, something Gus has yet to do.

29 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Curious as to why you think this? Is it just based off of head to head results? I disagree and here is why. He has lost at least 3 games each year. One of those being to Troy, one being to MSST. He has lost to Bama, TAMU, and UF as well. He inherited one of the most talent filled rosters in the country with a lock on in-state recruiting. He has had 2 of the top 3 worst recruiting classes (both team ranking and average player ranking) in the past decade. I think he is better than what many expected but I disagree that he is "leaps and bounds" better than Gus. The verdict is really still out. He did make what seems to be a wise decision in bringing in Joe Brady to beef up that Offense, something Gus has yet to do.

He's on a better trajectory than gus and he's beat him head to head 2-0.  You have to do mental gymnastics to argue that Gus is a better SEC HC.

36 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He's on a better trajectory than gus and he's beat him head to head 2-0.  You have to do mental gymnastics to argue that Gus is a better SEC HC.

Again I stand behind what I said. The verdict is still out on Ed O, but he hasn't shown to be "Leaps and Bounds" better than Gus. head to head isn't everything. Maybe we have differences in opinions of leaps and bounds. They are two completely different coaches at two completely different schools in two completely different scenarios. Ed O was hot garbage at Ole Miss. He inherited a top 5 roster at LSU. He was dealt pocket Aces and told a third was coming on the turn. Now he, he has not folded that hand yet so kudos for that but the hand hasn't played out yet either. 

They are both relatively young HCs by way of experience so this question would better be suited if asked in another 5-7 years. I think Ed O has the easier path at LSU.  

Saying Ed O can't coach because of his Ole Miss experience is like saying Gus' success in 2013 is relevant today. 2 very different times with lots of time to grow, learn, adapt in between. One has obviously done that which is evident through the hires and style change. The other has dug his own grave by growing at a snail's pace.

29 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Saying Ed O can't coach because of his Ole Miss experience is like saying Gus' success in 2013 is relevant today. 2 very different times with lots of time to grow, learn, adapt in between. One has obviously done that which is evident through the hires and style change. The other has dug his own grave by growing at a snail's pace.

Ole Miss was also Ed's first head coaching job ever, at any level. 

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

Pivoting a little bit, are you guys pulling from a bank of music you have licensing rights to? How do you select the music for certain projects? We can take this to PM if it clutters things

PM me

Archived