We have to beat UGA

AUght2win

I especially love that we'll get Georgia coming off the second bye week and they'll be coming back from the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party and hopefully pretty beat up!

LSU will be tough. They can be scored on, but it's still looks like a tall task to stall their offense. If our run game gets going I like our chances.

Alabama might be without Tua as last I heard he went down with a high ankle sprain. And even if back, he wouldn't be 100%... But I'm no expert. Alabama poses similar challenge that LSU does but if you got Mac Jones behind center, then it's just a matter of blanketing those Wide Outs. 

I think given the difficulty of having to recruit against the money factories like Bama and Georgia, 9-3 is respectable. I definitely want us to win out and feasibly can, but I'm going to call the season or a program a bust without considering the context of our competitive landscape.

War Eagle and here's hoping we munch down on the Corndogs on their own turf!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus has not shown that he has a blitz control package that can get the ball out of Nix hand fast so you are going to get a ton of blitzes from the Dawgs which will continually put Nix in pressure situations.  So if Gus cant make Georgia pay for blitzing (like Florida made LSU pay) then our offense will look like it did at Florida.

Auburn’s defense should be able to keep Auburn in all 3 of the big games coming up.  Marlon Davidson at DE has been a wrecking ball lately.  The big question will be which offense shows up?  There needs to be some consistency going forward.  2 TDs in 22 seconds is great but that 2nd qtr was painful.  By the time Auburn plays Bama it’ll be interesting to see how healthy Tua is and if Boobee is back.  11-1, 10-2 is not out of the question.  Would be great to play UF in Atlanta 

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

They seem to finally be picking it up a bit, Marlon especially, but I want to see some pressure against LSU next week. 

I agree it's getting better, especially, like you said, from Marlon. However, we aren't getting any production from our Buck. We have to be able to affect the pocket and timing from that position.

Colby Wooden had a couple good series yesterday. Maybe he can become what we need. After TD, Big Kat, et.al., I'm not sure it's a player issue as much as it's a coaching issue. We can't/shouldn't coach it in the same way as our DTs

59 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

04A30A11-C8F4-48D4-8E7A-CE4DBF094C3C.jpeg

This really hurts because I bigged up both of these individuals in their respective role.

Just now, DAG said:

This really hurts because I bigged up both of these individuals in their respective role.

I’ve never been sure about Kirby and its not like he’s a failure but I missed big on Harbaugh myself. I thought he would turn Michigan into a power again. 

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

I’ve never been sure about Kirby and its not like he’s a failure but I missed big on Harbaugh myself. I thought he would turn Michigan into a power again. 

Confession: I really wanted KS to be our coach back in the day. The reason for communication breakdowns of it happening made me thing EGO. I still think context and circumstances make a huge difference in this coaching arena, however.

Just now, DAG said:

Confession: I really wanted KS to be our coach back in the day. The reason for communication breakdowns of it happening made me thing EGO. I still think context and circumstances make a huge difference in this coaching arena, however.

Confession...I was all aboard the Gus Bus from the start...

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

Confession...I was all aboard the Gus Bus from the start...

I would argue 99 percent of us all was. Remember at one point, NFL teams were rumored to want Gus. Hindsight is 20/20

Just now, DAG said:

I would argue 99 percent of us all was. Remember at one point, NFL teams were rumored to want Gus. Hindsight is 20/20

Yeah true. Look if we win out...and yeah I know its a long shot...but if we do, which means we go to the SECCG and lets say we beat UF in the rematch...then if you take the whole 7 years, don’t even guys like myself who have been so down on him have to give him his props and shut up? I mean, again, I know all that is a long shot but...its not like Auburn hasn’t pulled off the impossible before...

12 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

So Burrow will have a field day?😳

Stone the run game. Squeeze the pocket on him and get arms up in his passing lanes. Alternate press man and matchup zone coverage and HAMMER the receivers if they make a catch, and I mean I don't care if you get a defenseless hit call - stay off their head and keep your head up, but make it a game of attrition. I want to see receivers shaking their head NO when a route is called over the middle of the field. Make them fear for their personal health if they elect to catch the ball.

15 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Stone the run game. Squeeze the pocket on him and get arms up in his passing lanes. Alternate press man and matchup zone coverage and HAMMER the receivers if they make a catch, and I mean I don't care if you get a defenseless hit call - stay off their head and keep your head up, but make it a game of attrition. I want to see receivers shaking their head NO when a route is called over the middle of the field. Make them fear for their personal health if they elect to catch the ball.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a2d7c64fe678139b9a9

Since we lost to Florida we've made it harder on ourselves to get to a "minimum" of 9 wins. Yes we have to beat Georgia and we should. LSU in Baton Rouge is going to be a tough one but bama is beatable at JH.

53 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Yeah true. Look if we win out...and yeah I know its a long shot...but if we do, which means we go to the SECCG and lets say we beat UF in the rematch...then if you take the whole 7 years, don’t even guys like myself who have been so down on him have to give him his props and shut up? I mean, again, I know all that is a long shot but...its not like Auburn hasn’t pulled off the impossible before...

I do not know if it will happen, but I sure would like another chance at Florida this year.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

There is NO WAY that is true. Georgia fans HATED Bobo with a fiery passion when he was their OC there and he has not been good as the head coach at Colorado State either. He has a losing record there and took over a good team from Swamp Donkey. I want to see evidence of them wanting Bobo hired as their freaking head coach. PLEASE SHOW ME. Because if true that would be so comical from their fans! Lol. 

That’s what my friend from GA was saying. I think it’s primarily because of that “green isn’t always better...” 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dawnofthedawg.com/2019/10/17/three-reasons-mike-bobo-returns-georgia-footballs/amp/

and I think you see this guy as a suggestion because he’s a realistic change. Richt is like early Saban (in every possible way) in that he’s not hiring a guy who runs a system he can’t influence, and he loves nepotism. It’s what’s going to ruin his tenure there

They're always butt hurt about something. I do hope we can pile on this year.

Any chance to drop them a notch in recruiting battles needs to be taken.

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:
1 hour ago, DAG said:

Agree with you both on Harbaugh.  I REALLY thought he had the "IT" factor but completely missed the silent "SH" in front.

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn’s defense should be able to keep Auburn in all 3 of the big games coming up.  Marlon Davidson at DE has been a wrecking ball lately.  The big question will be which offense shows up?  There needs to be some consistency going forward.  2 TDs in 22 seconds is great but that 2nd qtr was painful.  By the time Auburn plays Bama it’ll be interesting to see how healthy Tua is and if Boobee is back.  11-1, 10-2 is not out of the question.  Would be great to play UF in Atlanta 

source.gif

Serious question. What has GA done this season to make people think we cannot beat them on our home field? Our defense will shut their run game down. They have no real proven wr's. Their defense is okay but now where near Fla's defense. So why the doubt? Y'all still stuck on the past? This is a new season, we are 6-1, ranked in the top 10 again, beat some quality teams and if not for multiple turnovers by our offense we would be 7-0. LSU scares me more that GA and I still think we have a chance against the other tigers. Execution is the name of the game. If we execute on offense and protect the football we have a great chance of winning 2 of the big 3 games we have left. And if we don't? Then I'm wrong but from what I've seen so far I remain hopeful. This is how this optimistic fan sees it.

5 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Serious question. What has GA done this season to make people think we cannot beat them on our home field? Our defense will shut their run game down. They have no real proven wr's. Their defense is okay but now where near Fla's defense. So why the doubt? Y'all still stuck on the past? This is a new season, we are 6-1, ranked in the top 10 again, beat some quality teams and if not for multiple turnovers by our offense we would be 7-0. LSU scares me more that GA and I still think we have a chance against the other tigers. Execution is the name of the game. If we execute on offense and protect the football we have a great chance of winning 2 of the big 3 games we have left. And if we don't? Then I'm wrong but from what I've seen so far I remain hopeful. This is how this optimistic fan sees it.

Hey brother.  I hope all's well!

I don't think anyone can really argue with the info you've provided.  Most of us (even the Realists, Skeptics,. Haters, Bashers) would agree that we believe not only that Auburn should be better than thUga this year, especially at J-H Stadium but also, frankly, thUga looks VERY suspect this year.

Unfortunately, you mentioned "the past".  In the past the exact same thing was said going into some of those thUga games as well...even a road game or two.  In fact one of the few times Auburn probably SHOULDN'T have beat thUga was 1.0 in '17....yet an almost unrecognizable Gus showed up that weekend and turned things upside down in a GOOD way.

Truth:. GA is not THAT good this year TBH.  It's clearly an off year, especially since bowlcut apparently picked the wrong QB out of the THREE that are currently playing in college football today.  Yes, Auburn SHOULD win this year.

I'll leave it at that.

I think Derrick Brown will introduce himself to Burrow and the lsu offensive line early and often Saturday.

57 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

History of Gus losing to far inferior UGA teams with a lot more consistent offense play tbh . I hate to say it but unless the offense start playing with more rhythm against true top tier defenses, there will always be doubt. 

Archived