LSU Score Prediction

tbone1430

31 - 13 LSU

LSU defense smothers the AU run game and Nix continues to show freshman growing pains.  I'm afraid it would be more productive, at this point, to look forward to beating Georgia; which I think we will...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2019 7-Game Average: LSU 50 - Opponent 20.  We're 20 points better than their average opponent's defense, so they score 30.  We're 20 points better than their average opponent's offense, so we score 40.   40-30 AU.

24/7 Sports polled 60 "experts" from around the country and I counted one...one...a guy from the Dallas Morning News, pick Auburn. Of course this included "experts like Joe Williams from something called SportsStoryBook who proclaimed Auburn would lose despite running Boobie a lot this game. 'Kay.

34 to 17 LSU. LSU rush defense is actually 2 spots ahead of AU in yds allowed. I just think the AU offense struggles to get anything going.

Guys... remember the rain effect to the UGA game last weekend? It was miserable to watch. Its very very likely tomorrow at LSU. I wonder if this gives us any advantage? It did shut the passing down with UGA, but I dont know how it effect those short bullets Joe throws so accurately.

I have a feeling it is going to be a dog fight. I will not be surprised if LSU win or if AU pulls it off. I do not think LSU can cover the spread in a win. 

AU's offense will show up. They will not make the mistakes from the UF game and constantly try to change the plays at the line after seeing what LSU's D is doing. I think we will see a lot more RPO's which give Nix more flexibility. One major adjustment from the Arky game was moving Schwartz out from behind Williams and to the other side takes pressure off both of them. LSU can't slap a double team on both of these guys so that helps. It will give Nix another weapon to choose from which has to help as much mentally as it does in the game plan. The defense will do their job to keep us within striking distance. 

For all the Joiner fans on the board there is probably a good reason we are not seeing more of him. Did you know he was an LSU commit at one time? They basically ghosted him and quit communicating. Several other schools pulled off of him late. He is an amazing athlete but the reason recruiting gurus give for the changes at the end of his recruiting cycle was the fact he wasn't a tough runner. He avoided contact and to his credit part of that is the fact he didn't have to hit people in HS because he could avoid them because he was so much better. It is possible his reputation follwed him to AU and the coaches are seeing it. 

17 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

24/7 Sports polled 60 "experts" from around the country and I counted one...one...a guy from the Dallas Morning News, pick Auburn. Of course this included "experts like Joe Williams from something called SportsStoryBook who proclaimed Auburn would lose despite running Boobie a lot this game. 'Kay.

Someone just posted that Boobie has been cleared (on another board)? Not sure,  if so that guy may have the back to the future book. 

I......just......can't.......help.......it......I .....just......gotta......believe!!  War Eagle and IGTBAAT!

On 10/23/2019 at 8:52 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

34-13 LSU, interior OL gets blown up all game. 

The only way AU wins this thing is by forcing a lot of turnovers and then actually make them count.

Unfortunately, I agree. LSU-36 AU- 16. I do not trust our OL, the ability of our HC to make adjustments or our running game against a good D. I saw a post on this about Joiner not wanting to get hit, which may or may not be true, but until he is on the field for meaningful time, I can only assume it is, as usual our HC not utilizing talent correctly. I know Bo is learning, but I still see Gatewood as the better runner and quite possibly the better QB. Would not be the first time a talented QB was not used correctly during his collegiate career, but’s ends up going on to a nice NFL career. I am hoping for 9 and 3 this year, but honestly see 8 and 4 as the bigger possibility. Then we lose almost our entire DLine and all of our Oline which even if it is not that great now, will be an even bigger point of contention next year. 

15 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I......just......can't.......help.......it......I .....just......gotta......believe!!  War Eagle and IGTBAAT!

Escobarner🤣

14 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Unfortunately, I agree. LSU-36 AU- 16. I do not trust our OL, the ability of our HC to make adjustments or our running game against a good D. I saw a post on this about Joiner not wanting to get hit, which may or may not be true, but until he is on the field for meaningful time, I can only assume it is, as usual our HC not utilizing talent correctly. I know Bo is learning, but I still see Gatewood as the better runner and quite possibly the better QB. Would not be the first time a talented QB was not used correctly during his collegiate career, but’s ends up going on to a nice NFL career. I am hoping for 9 and 3 this year, but honestly see 8 and 4 as the bigger possibility. Then we lose almost our entire DLine and all of our Oline which even if it is not that great now, will be an even bigger point of contention next year. 

The longer Gus is at AU the longer the rebuild project will be for the next coach.

Archived