Gus apologists

ChltteTiger

Give the rest of us (the majority) some reason to think there is hope that Gus will "get it turned around" and challenge in November for the SEC title again next year.

Lets hear it. We are waiting.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no hope next year is worse than this. schedule does not line up... offensive line is new....

1 minute ago, O&B said:

no hope next year is worse than this. schedule does not line up... offensive line is new....

Is that truly a bad thing?😅

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

Give the rest of us (the majority) some reason to think there is hope that Gus will "get it turned around" and challenge in November for the SEC title again next year.

i get it. i was going to throw out my rebuttal to the "well auburn is historically .620something over the 120 year span thing."

however no need for that. 8-4 nowadays is awesome!!! while losing to all your major rivals every 3 out of 4 years streaks continue. Go get'em tiger. 

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

Is that truly a bad thing?😅

lmfao 😂

The only way we should even consider going forward with him pending something crazy happening is that he cleans house on offense, is told who to hire at OC, that OC hires a staff, and then Gus does nothing but recruit and continue running a clean ship, which is probably his only redeeming quality. 

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

The only way we should even consider going forward with him pending something crazy happening is that he cleans house on offense, is told who to hire at OC, that OC hires a staff, and then Gus does nothing but recruit and continue running a clean ship, which is probably his only redeeming quality. 

We could hire any one of dozens of dudes who would gladly do only that for what Gus makes.

9 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

I was pleasantly surprised by the players tonight.  Defense, never gave up.  Fought to the end.  This is the best I’ve felt about auburn losing a game in my whole life.  

Medication you ask?  Nope.  I’ve just accepted the following.......the game has passed Gus.  He’s over his peak and I no longer expect any significant achievement from him.  Damn proud of this team though.

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

He can win out this season, for all I care. I would consider it a well deserved parting gift on his way out the door.

9 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Lol give me hope that the PTB/Administration can make a move/hire worth the buyout.

If they are gonna fire him, then commit to it and do it. Stop the games. If not least force an entire change on the entire staff. Cause I'm not impressed with the development of qb's, line, tailbacks, or receivers.

If he won't make those changes then make the move. Then go get one of those 2.7-3.4 million type guys.

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

We could hire any one of dozens of dudes who would gladly do only that for what Gus makes.

I hope we never pay anyone what Gus makes ever again. Not very smart. I just want Kevin Steele around. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I hope we never pay anyone what Gus makes ever again. Not very smart. I just want Kevin Steele around. 

Steele couldn't do any worse as a head coach. Not saying I want him, he just couldn't do worse. 

9 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Since he ain't gonna be fired until after next year.....this is actually a solid idea.

8 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Lol, he has though. 

So had Orgeron. 

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Since he ain't gonna be fired until after next year.....this is actually a solid idea.

72, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Coach Stumbleass has about played all of his hole cards. This could have all been avoided by having a competent AD who could spot his flaws early on

8 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Lol, he has though. 

Not at Auburn. When he arrived, even just as a coordinator, it breathed new life. I remember that bowl game like yesterday. I'm not advocating, but I'm sure not about to diss Coach Steele for the same one "failure" that the almighty Coach Saban also had before his run. Truly, I don't think we ever thought our offense would be the perpetually problematic position. 

Just now, doverstutts said:

72, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Coach Stumbleass has about played all of his hole cards. This could have all been avoided by having a competent AD who could spot his flaws early on

Oh, I'm not saying it solves anything. 

It's simply the only move that would make next season even REMOTELY interesting because he ain't going anywhere until after next year.

Otherwise, instead of appointment viewing I'll be spending a lot of Saturdays next season looking at Fall leaves in the Smokies.

I think what is most frustrating about tonight and in general is that you can not convince me that we do not have the same caliber of players as the LSU, UGA’s, and Bamas of the world. These guys played their guts out and fight the whole game. Gus should be charged with theft for collecting his game check tomorrow. I’d be surprised if he can even look Brown, Davidson, and Steele in the eyes after this one. 

13 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

so the consensus seems to be.....crickets

i am not scared. you people are so filled with hate and giddy about gus losing to prove a point you want to pick fights with someone who dares to disagree with some of you. here it is and read slow so some of you guys are clear on this. most of us understand the many short comings of gus believe it or not. the truth is we are not going disrespect gus or the team. we are not going to throw a true freshman under the bus for struggling. we also are not going to whine about it in damn near every single thread every single day. we just chose to support the team when they are playing, period. i can guarantee you i will support the next coach as i have all the coaches that came before gus. we are not blind and we are not stupid. we are loyal. thats it. just plain ol love for a team we love and nothing more. but some of you it seems want to make it personal. so here i am. take your shots.

22 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Steele couldn't do any worse as a head coach. Not saying I want him, he just couldn't do worse. 

23 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Lol, he has though. 

15 minutes ago, gr82be said:

So had Orgeron. 

Coach O has surrounded himself with good quality assistants and lets them do their job. Steele may do the same on the O side of the ball as well. I suspect that he would while concentrating on the D.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not scared. you people are so filled with hate and giddy about gus losing to prove a point you want to pick fights with someone who dares to disagree with some of you. here it is and read slow so some of you guys are clear on this. most of us understand the many short comings of gus believe it or not. the truth is we are not going disrespect gus or the team. we are not going to throw a true freshman under the bus for struggling. we also are not going to whine about it in damn near every single thread every single day. we just chose to support the team when they are playing, period. i can guarantee you i will support the next coach as i have all the coaches that came before gus. we are not blind and we are not stupid. we are loyal. thats it. just plain ol love for a team we love and nothing more. but some of you it seems want to make it personal. so here i am. take your shots.

Im taking shots already, good ones too. Bouuuuuuuuuuuuuurbooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn.....love ya fitty.

bring it big boy. show everyone how big of a jerk you can be because that is all many of you are doing. noo one on this board can get a coach removed. lol

Archived