Gus apologists

ChltteTiger

9 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Who said it would be a lame duck situation if he has a chance to be head coach.

Thats really stretching it. Do you remember Brother Bill Oliver?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Really? I've been trying to be more subtle in my delivery lately. I guess after another good week of practice I'll be ready.

What position are you? If you're a wr you'll be fine as long as your blocking is great. If you were o line he'd want you to be versatile and have good hands

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I wish I could show some things in my inbox....it's a shame how some can't post because they know they will be attacked by people.....coincidentally it seems that the people that coach and really know the game rarely disagree and they don't ever go back and forth with each other.....have you noticed that? 

Cole, spill your inbox. :)

3 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Not sure what point you are trying to make.

BO became our DC under Tater Tot late in Tots reign. When Tot left Brother Bill thought dadburn it I deserve to become head coach. It didn't happen. A new OC would be silly to think he can come in here, be unsuccessful under Malzahn (which is after all #1 reason the PTB would run off Malzahn) and then get the HC job. Also AU has not promoted an assistant to HC since Barfield back in 1975.

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Really? I've been trying to be more subtle in my delivery lately. I guess after another good week of practice I'll be ready.

WideImaginativeBull-small.gif

On 10/27/2019 at 5:03 PM, cole256 said:

Well with jmr and flex are the posters new?

The common denominator, if I remember correctly, is that JMR and FLEX knowledgeably and factually consistently pointed out some glaring deficiencies and were razzed by emotional arguments in favor of continued playing time for specific players, despite performance. Neither remotely recommended a permanent change in position, just some variety. If you two are lurking 😁😉, please know that you're missed and valued, especially by those with the eyes to see. 

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I expect, with our offensive genius, to score at least once per quarter and maybe the occasional consecutive 1st downs. That shouldn't be hard with the talent we have.

I would have settled for"occasional consistent"  first downs and field position past Saturday. Probably come out with a W. Inverse of 2014 when we needed a defense that could  get a 3 and out every now and then

15 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

The common denominator, if I remember correctly, is that JMR and FLEX knowledgeably and factually consistently pointed out some glaring deficiencies and were razzed by emotional arguments in favor of continued playing time for specific players, despite performance. Neither remotely recommended a permanent change in position, just some variety. If you two are lurking 😁😉, please know that you're missed and valued, especially by those with the eyes to see. 

Yep. I also experienced it. I said he wasn't accurate so I was told I bashed and hated him. Oh and why I don't bring up the o line. I was the first to get it but I stayed. Ironically I'm the person everyone wish would leave but yet here I am 😂😂

15 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

BO became our DC under Tater Tot late in Tots reign. When Tot left Brother Bill thought dadburn it I deserve to become head coach. It didn't happen. A new OC would be silly to think he can come in here, be unsuccessful under Malzahn (which is after all #1 reason the PTB would run off Malzahn) and then get the HC job. Also AU has not promoted an assistant to HC since Barfield back in 1975.

My line of thinking is this is not a 1 year deal to get the contract down next year it is around 20 mil year 2 around 13 mil and year 3 around 6mil.  My line of thinking is that this is not a 1 year deal but a multiyear deal and if he turn the offense around to where the offense is averaging 40 points a game and 500 total yards of offense I cant believe Auburn would pass as far as being a HC but even if they did he would not be out of a job very long colleges would be willing to hire him as a HC or OC so he is not taking a significant risk.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yep. I also experienced it. I said he wasn't accurate so I was told I bashed and hated him. Oh and why I don't bring up the o line. I was the first to get it but I stayed. Ironically I'm the person everyone wish would leave but yet here I am 😂😂

My friend Jas has the phrase, "You betta (walk on through)."  Cole, you BETTA stay right where you are.  

On 10/27/2019 at 1:31 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Let me tell you something, articles that you read are not reality. Yes I'm sure players like Gus because from what I know and had seen of him during my brief stint with the team, he is a nice and personable guy. But let me tell you something, players talk and have convos outside of the locker room in safer places where they can really voice their discontent and those are where the REAL feelings of what their believe lie. Not everyone is happy with their usage, not everyone likes what is going down. Are they going to tell the media that for it to be published in an article for you to read and then lazily post as if its the word of law? No. For obvious reasons that I shouldn't need to explain....

No real need to reply I guess, since dude left the boards (RIP Flex, gone too soon)

And I just cut out this part cause I agree'd with most of his post. But I will say besides a few key exceptions, Gus's players that are in the NFL or have otherwise moved on have still had nothing but positives to say about Gus, and Auburn in general. 

Dude's offense may be garbo nowadays, dude may refuse to get with the times and college football has passed him by, but there's a ton of financially stable ex-players of his out there, and they are still mostly positive about him. (not necessarily his child like passing schemes tho :lol: )

22 hours ago, Carnell said:

My line of thinking is this is not a 1 year deal to get the contract down next year it is around 20 mil year 2 around 13 mil and year 3 around 6mil.  My line of thinking is that this is not a 1 year deal but a multiyear deal and if he turn the offense around to where the offense is averaging 40 points a game and 500 total yards of offense I cant believe Auburn would pass as far as being a HC but even if they did he would not be out of a job very long colleges would be willing to hire him as a HC or OC so he is not taking a significant risk.

Thats nice but who the heck is this miracle worker?

On 10/28/2019 at 6:49 PM, bigbird said:

There are quite a few coaches that don't want to be outed that post really good things that people scoff and ridicule. 

Right. There is one particular guy who happens to coach defense but apparently doesn't know squat on properly defending a screen play.  

:tease:

Archived