Men @ South Alabama thread

GwillMac6

1 minute ago, auburntiger1987 said:

You literally said he will cost us the game because of his ft shooting. And yes you are correct i am harping on the ft shooting. He missed 3 of the 10 team misses. Would i rather him of played better? Yes. But others missed fts as well.

That's not saying it's all on him either. I also didn't say you were harping on the FTs. I said I WAS. Reading comprehension isn't the best for you, is it? If me saying that McCormick who is our main guard and can't hit a FT won't cost us a game gets you all upset, I'm sorry. But at the end of the game, we try to get the ball to the guard and if we have to rely on him to hit FTs to win a game or keep the lead, then I don't trust him. Have a good day and War Eagle.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Okoro and Johnson came up BIG in this game. 15 points and 14 points respectively. Okoro with 6 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and 15 points. 😮

Okoro is a stud similar to Okeke (we shall see) but i can easily see him being our closer in games like tonight as the season goes on. I like to call them the young guns (freshmen). I think they're going to be counted on more than we think. Our Sr guards need to step it up. Bryce and Jared spoiled me and i know that's a lot to ask of Mac and Samir but I think we need to speed up the tempo. Let Wiley get in where he fits in. Bigs need to be rebounding, blocking and running the floor. 

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Except UK was picked to win by 25 and are the #1 team in the country. Oh and at Rupp.  Kinda different. :) 

Exactly we were only a 7 point favorite. But the problem is the turnovers and missed free throws . The refs were not calling good but I’m just concerned over “ our” problems. The turnovers have been going on all year and it’s about sloppy play especially from our veteran guards . 

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

That's not saying it's all on him either. I also didn't say you were harping on the FTs. I said I WAS. Reading comprehension isn't the best for you, is it? If me saying that McCormick who is our main guard and can't hit a FT won't cost us a game gets you all upset, I'm sorry. But at the end of the game, we try to get the ball to the guard and if we have to rely on him to hit FTs to win a game or keep the lead, then I don't trust him. Have a good day and War Eagle.

Truth is missed FT nearly cost te game tonight. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Has nothing to do with reading comp. I was agreeing with you while using your incorrectness to prove a point. He missing 3 ft did not and would not cost us the game when we had way more misses. Again, did he need to play better? Yes and i am with you that i dont trust him to be a starting PG. Sorry you being wrong gets you that upset. War Eagle

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

In other good news

K in that case I give Mc a bye. How the heck did he play with that kind of news on his mind. Congratulations Mc hope everything goes great

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Exactly! I like J'von and want him to do well but he is 1-7 from the line this year. And shot 61.5% last year. If he doesn't make his FTs at the end of the game it will cost us, plain and simple.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Exactly! I like J'von and want him to do well but he is 1-7 from the line this year. And shot 61.5% last year. If he doesn't make his FTs at the end of the game it will cost us, plain and simple.

Yes because teams will go after him with intentional fouls at the end of a close game. 

18 minutes ago, fishepa said:

USA will never play this good again. 

They are good. They should win their league this year.

6 minutes ago, Kaiiu said:

I'm really worried about J'von, I don't think he's a starting PG but he's all we got. He's been awful.

I disagree. He has looked like a quality backup PG forced into a starting role. Which is kinda exactly what he is. 

8 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This game s probably the worst I have seen a BP Auburn team play. It looked like the days under our last coach🙁

not quite that bad, but this team is a long way from competing against SEC teams

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yep FT have to get better. Need A Mac to not miss his ft, same with Flanigan and Okoro. Too many empty trips especially with a few misses on the front end of a 1 and 1.

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

I disagree. He has looked like a quality backup PG forced into a starting role. Which is kinda exactly what he is. 

He looked really shaky and un worthy as a backup last season until towards the end of conference play. 

At the end of the day it's a win. 3-0 against 3 quality opponents, 2 away from Auburn, with a team full of a bunch of freshman ... I'll take it. War Eagle and good night, everyone.

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Yep FT have to get better. Need A Mac to not miss his ft, same with Flanigan and Okoro. Too many empty trips especially with a few misses on the front end of a 1 and 1.

Flanagan's misses weren't even close either. Isn't he supposed to be a shooter?

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

He looked really shaky and un worthy as a backup last season until towards the end of conference play. 

Yeah. People tend to forget that. He played really poorly up to then.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

They are good. They should win their league this year.

Exactly they will be a tournament team I believe. That said it wasn’t their play as much as it was our mistakes and that the problem I worry about. We are 3 games in and we look like a jr high team with our passing skills and FT shooting. 57% will get you beat often by a good team. 

Archived