Men @ South Alabama thread

GwillMac6

Man what a scare lol. I like what Okoro is doing, but we definitely have to clean some stuff up. Wde

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team needed a win like this. Should've closed it out sooner, but to get the experience of being down with seconds to go and getting a bucket to win it will pay off down the line. Just glad we got the W. 

We escaped but it sucks that we can't put the ball in the hands of our experienced guards and have them close out games. They're a major liability shooting FTs. A couple of the young guns are going to have to get it done as the season goes on. A win is a win though. Could've been like Kentucky tonight.

Okoro and Johnson came up BIG in this game. 15 points and 14 points respectively. Okoro with 6 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and 15 points

Oh, also, Doughty quietly had a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds!😮

Well, I'll take it all day! War Damn Eagle!  4-5 players in double figures, on the road against a solid team who has been salivating for this night after the beatdown they took  last year in Auburn.  Glad we won. Gives us some things to work on while not losing.  Gonna a be some games like this, especially early on.  We have a good team and I am looking forward to seeing these boys gel...War Eagle and good night y'all...

2 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Whew we avoided pulling a Kentucky.

I wouldn’t have known this if not for you, how is this not trending on social media? Lol

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I never said it was all on him. I have been harping on FTs all game. I'm saying a Senior PG who hit 60% last year should be better. Period. But the entire team needs to be better as well. Not sure how you can't blame McCormick when he's 0-3 and struggled last year as well.

You literally said he will cost us the game because of his ft shooting. And yes you are correct i am harping on the ft shooting. He missed 3 of the 10 team misses. Would i rather him of played better? Yes. But others missed fts as well.

1 minute ago, Carnell said:

Except UK was picked to win by 25 and are the #1 team in the country. Oh and at Rupp.  Kinda different. :) 

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Okoro and Johnson came up BIG in this game. 15 points and 14 points respectively. Okoro with 6 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and 15 points

Oh, also, Doughty quietly had a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds!😮

Okoro does not play like a freshman. Its incredible that he can come up big like he does. 

4 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Nah they lost to a high school team, South Alabama will probably win the Sun Belt 

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We won this game but did not deserve to.  We need to thank Mr. Okoro. 

AU scores more points than USA. They deserve to win. Wasn’t pretty but this is still a team looking for chemistry. It was a full house and it was largely USA fans. I’m not gonna complain about that. AU played well minus a four minute stretch. Yes, some of the seniors weren’t good (J’von and Wiley particularly) but these wins will bond the team together. It’s going to get better. 

Archived