Tillman was killed by 'friendly fire'

Piglet

So, little piggy , is this supposed to make the President look bad?

p.s. Don't you have a market to go to? Or some roast beef to eat? :P

Guest Tigrinum Major

This was not really new news, just being dreged up again since the one year anniversary of Tillman's death just passed.

War is an ugly business and fratricide and coverups of fratricides in the heat of battle happen. It is an unfortunate collateral damage of defending freedom. The technology that we have today has actually decreased the numbers of fratricides from the past. But they will continue to happen until we start settling our differences over a RISK board instead of sending men and women to seize a piece of land.

This was not really new news, just being dreged up again since the one year anniversary of Tillman's death just passed. 

War is an ugly business and fratricide and coverups of fratricides in the heat of battle happen.  It is an unfortunate collateral damage of defending freedom.  The technology that we have today has actually decreased the numbers of fratricides from the past.  But they will continue to happen until we start settling our differences over a RISK board instead of sending men and women to seize a piece of land.

158731[/snapback]

Is there anything wrong with the military telling the family that the soldier, Tillman in this case, was killed by enemy fire?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Gen Jones concluded there had been no official desire to hide the truth, the Washington Post said.

However, a US army spokesman admitted that there had been failings in what information had been passed on.

What appears to have happened is that the Rangers that were on patrol with Tillman failed to report accurately what happened on that mountain pass. If you had just shot a fellow soldier, would you be eager to report it to your higher HQs? Not saying what they did was correct, but their lack of accurate information led to a PR disaster.

I don't know all the details, but it was a bad situation all the way around.

BERLIN WALL COMES DOWN! !

ELVIS FOUND DEAD!

MAN WALKS ON MOON!

:roflol:

I apologize for bringing this up again. Somehow I was in the bathroom or something last year and missed it when they announced it the first time.

I apologize for bringing this up again.  Somehow I was in the bathroom or something last year and missed it when they announced it the first time.

158796[/snapback]

If you don't take the Playboy to the bathroom it won't take you so long. :big:

I'm not sure when they announced it or even if they did, but I was aware of it. It may not have been an announcement, but was just in the news.

Somehow I was in the bathroom or something last year and missed it when they announced it the first time.

CNN 5/29/04

"While there was no one specific finding of fault, the investigation indicated that Cpl. Tillman probably died of friendly fire while his unit was in combat with enemy forces,"

Archived