1 Day til ENSD (Updated)

ellitor

13 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

@ellitor starting to hear that Jay Hardy may not sign Wednesday. You hearing anything?

Will be in tomorrow morning's update. I'm trying to give pay sites a day before summing their hard work & VIP info.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

We are still going after Eric Reed & have made it a cat fight with UGA.

5 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Regardless, I would MUCH rather have four years of Eric Reed + one year of Iggy over two years of Brian George.

yesjacknicholson.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

@ellitor starting to hear that Jay Hardy may not sign Wednesday. You hearing anything?

Thanks, you just spoiled my evening. :) That would suck big-time!

Edited by Mikey
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Regardless I think the Iggy coming back thing has some real legs to it. We are still trying to take another CB, just one from high school. Looks like the staff doesn't see the need for another juco CB in the class. Eric Reed has become a priority & AU is still in the thick of it.

Long term Reed would be a better option especially if Iggy returns

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Thanks, you just spoiled my evening. :) That would suck big-time!

Hate to do that to you @Mikey Hopefully E will have good news to share this morning on the situation. I found one thread about it on a free UT site and it seemed to be about his wanting to take part in the February signing day at his high school so him and his teammates could all have their day together. Again, that was one reference from a free UT site. Hopefully he will go ahead and sign tomorrow. 

Auburn Undercover Podcast from last night has a good run down of where we stand with our targets.

Edited by AUDevil

24 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

seemed to be about his wanting to take part in the February signing day at his high school so him and his teammates could all have their day together. Again, that was one reference from a free UT site.

Correct & they got it from a premium Rivals article.

18 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Auburn Undercover Podcast from last night has a good run down of where we stand with our targets.

40 minutes long though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

What do we do IF these guys want in

Take em. Not getting my hopes up on Height though since he tweeted the other day he's locked in with Miami.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Take em. Not getting my hopes up on Height though since he tweeted the other day he's locked in with Miami.

Pretty sure we get Height but never know I guess. So take them and lose out on Jones and McKinnley? Not saying you meant that just curious

1 hour ago, DonDraper said:

Pretty sure we get Height but never know I guess. So take them and lose out on Jones and McKinnley? Not saying you meant that just curious

We'd have room for all of them but it doesn't matter. We've become a longshot for 1 & may solidly trail for a 2nd.

so we may lose Flax and Hardy?

what am I missing?

Edited by Beaker

Just now, Beaker said:

so we may lose Flax and Hardy?

Yes & unlikely. Hardy has always waited to wait & sign in February with his teammates. It's not a reflection of his AU commitment.

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

what am I missing?

What do you mean?

Stinks on Flax if we miss. Huge position of need and we get the JUCOs who arrive in the summer, are coming off surgery, and have serious grade issues. Kentucky gets the healthy early enrollee with 3 to play 3. Not exactly optimal from a planning standpoint. 

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Stinks on Flax if we miss. Huge position of need and we get the JUCOs who arrive in the summer, are coming off surgery, and have serious grade issues. Kentucky gets the healthy early enrollee with 3 to play 3. Not exactly optimal from a planning standpoint. 

Big Zs injury was unfortunate for obvious reasons but the timing was bad for us too. It happened at the end of November & we moved on Flax immediately. Problem is UK had at least a 6 week head start & likely longer. They likely have quite a bit better relationship with him & his family. Also UK is within driving distance for his parents, AU is not.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Shoutout to PeePaw Grimes 

Not his fault on Flax & you of all of us should know better.

• Like 2

Just now, ellitor said:

Not his fault on Flax & you of all of us should know better.

At some point you stop listening to excuses and start demanding results. We should be at that point when it comes to OL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Big Zs injury was unfortunate for obvious reasons but the timing was bad for us too. It happened at the end of November & we moved on Flax immediately. Problem is UK had at least a 6 week head start & likely longer. They likely have quite a bit better relationship with him & his family. Also UK is within driving distance for his parents, AU is not.

I get it. But we’re about to put our LT in the NFL, beat Bama, and contend for titles. UK is a perennial SEC East average team. We should be able to win this kind of battle. And if we are going to keep pace with our rivals, we need to. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Big Zs injury was unfortunate for obvious reasons but the timing was bad for us too. It happened at the end of November & we moved on Flax immediately. Problem is UK had at least a 6 week head start & likely longer. They likely have quite a bit better relationship with him & his family.

Here is the million dollar question.  If Flax is good like we think he is then why in the world did we not even approach the guy until a short while ago?  I understand Buskey and the injury to Z but I swear its as if every year this staff zeroes in  on a small portion, waits until that small sample size does not work on early signing day, and then throws a huge net to try to get anyone to come.  If Flax is worthy of a scholly then he should have been approached in August.  There is no defending what this staff has done as far as OL recruiting.

Edited by NorthGATiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1