1 Day til ENSD (Updated)

ellitor

33 minutes ago, gravejd said:

At some point you stop listening to excuses and start demanding results. We should be at that point when it comes to OL

There's plenty lacking on OL & OL recruiting no doubt & JB is heavily responsible for that. However people should not be lazy & put the blame on JB for everything like is done on every other AU message board, especially in a case like this where AU started behind the 8 ball.. Blindly blaming him every time for something is lazy & I'm not going to put up with it in the recruiting forum.

ETA: Don't mistake this post as a ringing endorsement for him either.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We should be able to win this kind of battle

Not if it's important to him & his family that they be in driving distance as it appears to be.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I know I know. 

Sorry if I missed sarcasm in your OP. I tend to miss it more when I'm ramped up like this time of year.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

especially in a case like this where AU started behind the 8 ball.

I’m not one of the ones calling out JB on this one. I’m calling out our strategy and reason we are behind the 8 ball. The need could not be more obvious: we need a starting LT. No one could forecast Zierer getting injured, but why were we not in on the early enrollee instead of late enrollees/academic question marks? Very few JUCOs on the O line who miss spring become solid contributors.Thats a legitimate question for a veteran SEC staff. At least I believe it is. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Here is the million dollar question.  If Flax is good like we think he is then why in the world did we not even approach the guy until a short while ago?

@NorthGATiger Because we have Zierer who was healthy at the time & we think as much if not more of & Bro-Hamm has made a move at RT & appears to have anchored down the position for next season. The staff didn't see a need for Flax til the Zierer injury.

10 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

then throws a huge net to try to get anyone to come

Actually we haven't thrown much of a net on OL recruiting before this season & it's well documented.

11 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

If Flax is worthy of a scholly then he should have been approached in August

Nope. At that point he hadn't played any football since graduating high school & he had no offers or interest from anyone out of high school. This past September was the 1st time he played football in a competitive game since high school

14 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

There is no defending what this staff has done as far as OL recruiting.

Never have. Just stating reality.

Very frustrating....we all feel it on this thread.

This is Houston, Go or no-go for launch.

punter - go

CB - go

Linebackers - go 

DT - go 

DE - go

Safeties - go 

Running backs - go 

wide receivers - go

quarterback - go

TE - go 

kicker - go

OL - Houston, we have a problem, again.

This is what is frustrating...same problem, every year and always different stories. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@NorthGATiger Because we have Zierer who was healthy at the time & we think as much if not more of & Bro-Hamm has made a move at RT & appears to have anchored down the position for next season. The staff didn't see a need for Flax til the Zierer injury.

Actually we haven't thrown much of a net on OL recruiting before this season & it's well documented.

Nope. At that point he hadn't played any football since graduating high school & he had no offers or interest from anyone out of high school. This past September was the 1st time he played football in a competitive game since high school

Never have. Just stating reality.

Great news.  Sounds like once Zierer gets healthy we will be good to go.  

By casting a big net I am referring to the kids we have to scurry for after the early signing day.  Kids like Ira Henry, Bamidelli Olaseni, and Dawand Jones.  Kids we were not hard after until the last minute and we could not make up ground.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NorthGATiger said:

By casting a big net I am referring to the kids we have to scurry for after the early signing day.  Kids like Ira Henry, Bamidelli Olaseni, and Dawand Jones.  Kids we were not hard after until the last minute and we could not make up ground.

because there is always a Kuanjo (sp) in the mix that we just don't know how things will go down.  Just got to count on it with OL.

10 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I know but most weren't takes for Gus even though they popped up on public radar & I'm saying because of Gus's recruiting philosophy on the OL we didn't do that in prior years at that position.

• Angry 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man. The Auburn fan base is kinda oblivious to the current state of Kentucky football. 

We are talking about the Kentucky that lost to Miss State, UT, South Carolina, and only beat Arky by 4.  They finished 4th in the East.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• ellitor changed the title to 1 Day til ENSD (Updated)
3 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

We are talking about the Kentucky that lost to Miss State, UT, South Carolina, and only beat Arky by 4.  They finished 4th in the East.

They finished 2nd in the east the year before. Sent 4 guys in the top 4 rounds of the draft. Just signed a guy that we were wetting our pants over when we signed him as our QB. 

As for OLs specifically, we've had 4 total get drafted since Gus has been here. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Shoutout to PeePaw Grimes 

OR muhhhhhh personal favorite PAPPY MC buttermilk as the rant calls him. As soon as Dilly leaves our OL crutin goes to ish again! lol.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

OR muhhhhhh personal favorite PAPPY MC buttermilk as the rant calls him. As soon as Dilly leaves our OL crutin goes to ish again! lol.

Chad Morris is supposedly a great recruiter. I guess he's going to have to recruit the OL like Dilly did.

• Thanks 1

THE HAMMERHEAD SHARK OF OUR DB CLASS!!!!! HEAD HUNTER!!!! Junior Rosegreen would love love LOOOOOOOVE how he plays the safety position. He is a freaking MISSILE OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! CRIIIIIIIIIIIME DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWG!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I know you are fired up about this one @fredst

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious who Jernigan keeps referencing.  I have to think it's someone very unexpected and not Tisdol as others have said.  

I have my suspiscions but I don't want to jinx them lol

What ever happened to AUSportsTalk? That dude used to be money and would give his predictions always the day before. Back in the good ole days of one signing period in February. @WarDamnEagleWDE Is another one id like to see give predictions. One of the best there is! 

Also just a huge shoutout to @ellitor for all the hard work you put in! Thanks 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

What ever happened to AUSportsTalk? That dude used to be money and would give his predictions always the day before. Back in the good ole days of one signing period in February.

Retired in 2012 & Sold Auburn Eagle shortly thereafter. Has become an insurance salesman in Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1