Men vs St Louis Game Thread

Maverick.AU

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

STILL CELEBRATING being 9-0 and that CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE PUT BACK DUUUUUUUUUUUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!! #BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCEEEEEEEEEEEEE

rewrew.gif

please.gif

Finally. 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Definitely disagree with both of you. I thought he was challenging every shot and the other players should have boxed out a bit better while he was defending the shooter. Him having 3 blocks and the two big starters not getting double-digit points despite all of the rebounds tells me a lot.

3 blocks and box score stats don't tell the story at all.

Re-watch the game.  Yes, he tried to defend, no one said he didn't and that's not what playing soft means. He was pushed around on the defensive side often. St. Louis took several boards away from him on that end of the floor. It was almost as if he was playing NOT to FOUL.

Also, disagree with me all you want regarding him getting hammered but he was getting pushed, hit, fouled and so on all game long.

5 minutes ago, AuburnMike86 said:

3 blocks and box score stats don't tell the story at all.

Re-watch the game.  Yes, he tried to defend, no one said he didn't and that's not what playing soft means. He was pushed around on the defensive side often. St. Louis took several boards away from him on that end of the floor. It was almost as if he was playing NOT to FOUL.

Also, disagree with me all you want regarding him getting hammered but he was getting pushed, hit, fouled and so on all game long.

Wasn't disagreeing with you about him getting hammered. I quoted two separate people who had the same opinion about him playing soft. Pretty obvious what I was quoting. As far as him playing not to foul, I would rather him play that way rather than foul out and be left with Mac and Stretch. Just because players are getting away with it on one end, doesn't mean crap about what the refs will call on the other. Wiley had a perfect block and they called a foul on him. So, yeah, if he played like you wanted him to, he would have fouled out.

15 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

This dude is really upset about that Okoro 3 lol

Jimmy Dykes, he does a great job and usually on the SEC network. He’s a big fan of Auburn and Bruce. As a former coach shots like that irritate him.

💥💥💥!

17 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Another big stat that stands out to me is Wiley with only 1 foul. I know it's not a stat that most people look at but having your center play all of those minutes and not get in foul trouble is a very good thing. I think this is his second game in a row with only 1 foul.

The one foul he did have was crap. Blocked the guy at the rim and the refs call a foul on what should’ve been incidental basketball contact. 

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Porteresque!

Indeed. I may still have the SI with him on the cover. 

On 12/15/2019 at 12:12 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I wish they threw a shirt at him or something. Jerk...lol

My friend threw his jacket and hit the refs at halftime when we were in the Cliff Dwellers...he was removed quickly.  Had I not known the Lieutenant on duty in charge, he would have gone to jail.  What a crazy situation.  

Archived