FBI NCAA stuff

AdamsHouseCat

2 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

Forde and his clever little "Dash" schtick bounces around from place to place like a hobo. ESPN, Yahoo, and now SI. They, like MSN and several others, offer no comment section for readers to sound off against their BS. It could be a cost saving measure, or simply just cowardly and autocratic decision on their part. At least there was some satisfaction in seeing Forde get hammered on Yahoo.

CAn someone post the Yahoo response to Forde's insinuations?  I don't know where it is?

Another question is, does anyone feel that Hooks(who is a known booster) with his comments is suggesting we HAVE received the NOA and therefore his response to Forde's twit?

thanks...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Another question is, does anyone feel that Hooks(who is a known booster) with his comments is suggesting we HAVE received the NOA and therefore his response to Forde's twit?

Don't need Hook's response to pick up on the likelihood we got the NOA.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't need Hook's response to pick up on the likelihood we got the NOA.

If hooks is that bent out of shape over it, I can't see it being good for us.

3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

If hooks is that bent out of shape over it, I can't see it being good for us.

He said it will pass in time but it was in a VIP post so I couldn't paste that post. Also Hooks tends to be over dramatic at times FWIW.

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Pat Forde can unkindly and violently eat effin ish. He is a clown of the highest degree. He has had a agenda against AU since 2010 when the Cam drama made him look foolish and silly. He has been butthurt ever since. 

And of course Wolken had to jump in too

He also decides to be a JA about it

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Also Hooks tends to be over dramatic at times FWIW.

This is true. No doubt that he is a good dude, but he does tend to chase rainbows and smell unicorn farts. He is a good source of info at times, but take it with a teaspoon of salt, because he does attend practice, talk with coaches, ride the plane,etc. At times, I do question how much he actually knows about the game of basketball, but at times, I question how much that I actually know about basketball. H is a good dude,though. I don't expect the NCAZI's to do much more because of the obvious lawyering up that AU has done. From all that I know about the NOA, its just a list of violations that were supposed to have been committed

11 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

This is true. No doubt that he is a good dude, but he does tend to chase rainbows and smell unicorn farts. He is a good source of info at times, but take it with a teaspoon of salt, because he does attend practice, talk with coaches, ride the plane,etc. At times, I do question how much he actually knows about the game of basketball, but at times, I question how much that I actually know about basketball. H is a good dude,though. I don't expect the NCAZI's to do much more because of the obvious lawyering up that AU has done. From all that I know about the NOA, its just a list of violations that were supposed to have been committed

Well it seems our reactions are all over the place, so even if it is somewhere in the middle, it will be better than the worst. The problem I have with the violations we already know about, our proactive punishments we implemented then and for the future(that I believed our compliance dept worked with the NCAA on), that based on our past history with the NCAA we have had other situations where we tried to be up front and do what we 'thought' the NCAA wanted us to do, and then WHAM, additional sanctions.

I agree Hooks is a good guy, and as E said, he's over the top at times, especially about recruiting, but I would rather have a sunshine pumper than the negative nancy posters that come out.

If Auburn received something and forde knows then an insider within the NCAA or auburn told him.  If it’s from within auburn then that person should be found, drawn and quartered.

the Auburn compliance department is the most anal on earth.  If we have an noa then we are abiding by the rules we are allowed to work within and will release info within required times.  If we choose to wait ... well we have that right and id assume auburn will do what’s in it’s best interest, as it should.  Wolken and forde can choke on it.

edit: this is when I’ll make my semi regular comment that sports media are truly the scum of the earth.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He said it will pass in time but it was in a VIP post so I couldn't paste that post. Also Hooks tends to be over dramatic at times FWIW.

I think Hooks' concern is the same one I have. I believe the university handled the Chuck Person/Austin Wiley/Danjel Purifoy situation as well as it could've possibly been handled. They fired the coach, suspended other assistants/volunteers, and suspended the players. It was swift and decisive. My concern isn't with that. It's with Bruce and the potential Head Coach Responsibility charge. If Bruce didn't promote an atmosphere of compliance and/or didn't monitor his assistants and volunteers, he's in trouble. The difficult part here is it's possible that, even if he was monitoring everything, this could've happened. So, how do you prove you monitored things when it happened under you? It's a sticky situation. I don't think there was any way Bruce knew what Person was doing, but the way the HCR charge reads, Bruce still should've known or been actively doing things to deter that. Now, there's a lot of evidence we don't have that could explain how Person could manage this scheme without Bruce ever knowing. But Sullivan and the other video guy being involved is worrisome because those are two more people Bruce is responsible for that did something egregious enough to be put on administrative leave.

I don't know what's going to happen with all of this. Nothing may come of this. But IMO the HCR charge is what the NCAA is after. They're specifically after Bruce here, and Bruce is in a tough spot because the rule doesn't make it very clear what exactly he's responsible for monitoring. 

13 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

If Auburn received something and forde knows then an insider within the NCAA or auburn told him.

There are lots of people who are pretty sure there is an NOA that are neither NCAA nor Auburn insiders. 

31 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Yes because Dan Wolken cares sooooooooo much about the kids. STFU Daniel

You broke out the full first name.  Crackin' some heads tonight!

PessimisticDeadlyBrownbear-size_restricted.gif

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There are lots of people who are pretty sure there is an NOA that are neither NCAA nor Auburn insiders. 

Then my question is ... how?  
If neither auburn nor the NCAA has publicly said anything then my only logically conclusion is someone within those 2 organizations leaked it to forde and/or others ... including the “lots of people” you reference.  I guess it ticks me off when stuff gets leaked and it causes Auburn undue difficulties.

I can't fathom anyone from AU would leak this info. This isn't like the weird football stuff where the rumor was a faction of AU PTB that was going to try to neuter Gus in an attempt to make him quit and waive the buyout because they thought what was best for AU. We are all pulling in the same direction here with how we want the program to keep progressing -- and that involved Bruce staying safely here and not have any of his recruiting efforts sabotaged by some stuff like this.

What is standard procedure with NOAs? Does a school have to disclose that info to the press? Wolken seems cranky because he wants a story about a ranked and relevant bball program and is trying to make it seem like we're trying to hurt the kids by not making an announcement. Also, after the slam job crusade these guys were on during the Cam thing surely they can't expect AU to want to willingly work for them on a piece in which they will without a doubt try to paint our HC, who had nothing to do with ANY of this, in a poor light.

17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I can't fathom anyone from AU would leak this info. This isn't like the weird football stuff where the rumor was a faction of AU PTB that was going to try to neuter Gus in an attempt to make him quit and waive the buyout because they thought what was best for AU. We are all pulling in the same direction here with how we want the program to keep progressing -- and that involved Bruce staying safely here and not have any of his recruiting efforts sabotaged by some stuff like this.

What is standard procedure with NOAs? Does a school have to disclose that info to the press? Wolken seems cranky because he wants a story about a ranked and relevant bball program and is trying to make it seem like we're trying to hurt the kids by not making an announcement. Also, after the slam job crusade these guys were on during the Cam thing surely they can't expect AU to want to willingly work for them on a piece in which they will without a doubt try to paint our HC, who had nothing to do with ANY of this, in a poor light.

I think Forde is definitely upset b/c if we do have it, then he thought he could tweet about the confirmation first, and get those clicks. 

But I believe and others that might know more details, that we are required under the FOIA to release it, but when to release it should be up to the entity receiving it. It's only natural that AU legal, compliance, media and administration staff would want to review it, discuss a plan of release, and prepare a response based on getting it out to the media.

For media people(especially those who create the negative(like Forde), they are the new 'speed media' with social media capabilities these days. Speed is money to them. Fairness be damned.  

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I think Forde is definitely upset b/c if we do have it, then he thought he could tweet about the confirmation first, and get those clicks. 

But I believe and others that might know more details, that we are required under the FOIA to release it, but when to release it should be up to the entity receiving it. It's only natural that AU legal, compliance, media and administration staff would want to review it, discuss a plan of release, and prepare a response based on getting it out to the media.

For media people(especially those who create the negative(like Forde), they are the new 'speed media' with social media capabilities these days. Speed is money to them. Fairness be damned.  

Maybe they just were waiting for a time to try to drop this on the public and waited carefully to pick right now just before March to do it. But when they couldn't they tried to make their failure to get the story to be the story and put AU in a bad light. Lol these guys are trash. It's pretty comical. Great point that speed is money to them. Thanks for the insight in regards to the entity deciding when to release the information. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bruce was playing this to time the announcement when it could land in a soft spot for recruiting. Heady play by Bruce but Forde's douchery sometimes surpasses even the most carefully planned out ideas.

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Maybe they just were waiting for a time to try to drop this on the public and waited carefully to pick right now just before March to do it. But when they couldn't they tried to make their failure to get the story to be the story and put AU in a bad light. Lol these guys are trash. It's pretty comical. Great point that speed is money to them. Thanks for the insight in regards to the entity deciding when to release the information. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bruce was playing this to time the announcement when it could land in a soft spot for recruiting. Heady play by Bruce but Forde's douchery sometimes surpasses even the most carefully planned out ideas.

I will say this. I expect Bruce to be totally honest with recruits, if the letter is at Auburn. 

The good thing is it will take a long time before the final decision and possible penalties are put in place. Look at Kansas, they received their NOA in September and NOTHING has happened in 6 months. Their coach, Self is actually accused of several violations, and his team is sitting #1, and will play in the NCAAT and I assume his recruiting will not be affected with signing day coming up.

We need to do the same thing. 

And let me add, it will take about a year after all the back and forth takes place in relation to response timelines and appeals.

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I will say this. I expect Bruce to be totally honest with recruits, if the letter is at Auburn. 

The good thing is it will take a long time before the final decision and possible penalties are put in place. Look at Kansas, they received their NOA in September and NOTHING has happened in 6 months. Their coach, Self is actually accused of several violations, and his team is sitting #1, and will play in the NCAAT and I assume his recruiting will not be affected with signing day coming up.

We need to do the same thing. 

Right. I didn't mean to insinuate Bruce has the letter and is hiding it from recruits. He's mentioned publicly that we will be getting one and I'm sure all of our recruits are hearing that from our opponents about us so I'd bet Bruce has discussed it in private with recruits.

Great point about Self. 

I'm no reporter and no lawyer, but I find it hilarious that Pat Forde thinks he can just show up on campus and ask the status of his FOIA request and get an answer on the spot.

giphy.gif?resize=579,326&ssl=1

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Then my question is ... how?  
If neither auburn nor the NCAA has publicly said anything then my only logically conclusion is someone within those 2 organizations leaked it to forde and/or others ... including the “lots of people” you reference.  I guess it ticks me off when stuff gets leaked and it causes Auburn undue difficulties.

I don't know how many people are involved in the process of the NCAA issuing an NOA and an institution receiving one, but I'm guessing it's somewhere between "several" and "a lot". As for who one or more of those people would've spoken to, the answer remains the same IMO. And none of them were necessarily Forde. 

I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone in the industry has seen a lot of smoke coming from our camp. Really, Forde could reasonably deduce it after the Persons stuff. Especially since he's got such a hard on for trying to pin us to the wall. Creeps like him get information. It's what they do. Somebody might've been more loose-lipped than they should have but I doubt some double agent in our compliance office met Forde in an undisclosed location. 

Or maybe they did. Maybe we have a disgruntled compliance officer who got passed over for a promotion or lost big on that Tennessee game. *shrug*

Everyone knows we were going to get a NOA. Wolken and forde in typical fashion are trying to make it a lot bigger deal than it really is. They didn't have close to the same energy when other schools got one or were heavily speculated to get one. 

They need to stop their bitching trying to stir the pot just because they didn't get their way and couldn't pin down on the record if we got one or not so they could get their clicks. So they had to resort to these tactics and whine about it on Twitter. Just absolute egregious acts of unorofessionalism again from both of them towards AU.

Go change your diaper your leaking Patty cakes and Danny boy.

10 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I'm no reporter and no lawyer, but I find it hilarious that Pat Forde thinks he can just show up on campus and ask the status of his FOIA request and get an answer on the spot.

giphy.gif?resize=579,326&ssl=1

Exactly. Who does he think he is?

Look at South Carolina's acknowledgement of their NOA. They got the letter January 31, 2020 and USC announced they got the NOA on February 13th.

Why he thinks he HAS to be told we got it as soon as they opened it is ridiculous...

Archived