FBI NCAA stuff

AdamsHouseCat

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Let's keep this focused on basketball ladies & gents. Eric Ramsey is Mold news.

Yeah, thats what we should do, but Ellitor, I doubt that you are old enough to have been around back then, or maybe you were young . The hate for Ramsey is justified and there was joy in Mudville when Donald Watkins was convicted and sentenced to prison. All of that left scars that a plastic surgeon can't fix

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, doverstutts said:

Ellitor, I doubt that you are old enough to have been around back then, or maybe you were young .

I am old enough but I was a Bammer then so didn't pay much attention to it. There's a novel idea. A Bammer that doesn't stick his nose in AU's business. lol

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I am old enough but I was a Bammer then so didn't pay much attention to it. There's a novel idea. A Bammer that doesn't stick his nose in AU's business. lol

Shut up bammer 😉

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Well THIS changes things 😮

Not really. It’s not the first time I’ve admitted I was a Bammer before the mid 90s.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not really. It’s not the first time I’ve admitted I was a Bammer before the mid 90s.

Glad you made it out, so many do not. 

Screenshot_20200228-095622~2.png

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@ellitorYou may have said this before, but if you don't mind my asking, what changed your mind? Why change from Bama to Auburn?

I'm just curious. 

12 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

@ellitorYou may have said this before, but if you don't mind my asking, what changed your mind? Why change from Bama to Auburn?

I'm just curious. 

A couple things. My mom married my stepdad who is a huge Auburn fan. That’s why I stopped at least hating Auburn because he’s really cool. Then when it came time to go to college Auburn wanted me while Bama didn’t.

On 2/26/2020 at 10:11 PM, twilli13 said:

Why are those LSU tapes sealed by courts and the NCAA can never hear them when the FBI handed information about Auburn to the ncaa? I assume they did or would have otherwise why would Auburn have self imposed sanctions when Lsu did not. Did Auburn just niavely believe it was better to voluntarily confirm the wrongdoings whereas LSU told the ncaa to f off? 

I wasn't aware that he FBI was required to give an independent organization (NCAA) any information or that the FBI handed the NCAA anything on Auburn?  You assume the FBI gave info to the NCAA on Auburn, but Chuck Persons made headlines and his negligent actions were plastered nation wide in headlines.  Auburn contacted the NCAA and self-reported the issues and the NCAA directed Auburn on how to proceed with self-imposed sanctions.

As far as the LSU issue, a Federal Judge ruled that Wade wouldn't have to testify in the criminal trial of Dawkins and the wiretaps could not be admitted by the defense.   He ruled that the potential wrong doing by Wade was irrelevant in the criminal case.   The trail focused on alleged bribes paid to asst coaches at AZ/OKState/USC in exchange for steering  players toward particular agents and financial managers once they reached the NBA.  The Judge ruled that the Will Wade FBI tapes could not be used to defend Dawkins and the tapes were sealed.  A second federal judge upheld the previous judge's ruling regarding the Wade tapes and sealed them and no one will ever hear them or use them as evidence against Wade or LSU.

LSU didn't tell the NCAA to F off, LSU Compliance cooperated 100% with the NCAA and LSU's President Alexander and AD Alleva chose to suspended Wade because he refused to discuss the tapes with LSU or the NCAA for more than a month.  The alleged player that Wade was supposed to have paid sat out 1 game and was cleared by an LSU internal investigation and returned to  play in the post-season.  Once Wade's attorney's cleared him to talk with LSU & the NCAA, the university reinstated him, demoted the AD Alleva, hired Woodward (Mark Emerrt's son-in-law) as Athletic Director while Chris Dawkins was convicted by the fed's.  As it turned out, the Wade tapes weren't relevant in the least for the prosecution to win the trial and the judge was correct in his ruling, the tapes weren't relevant.

On 2/26/2020 at 10:33 PM, slyinsocal said:

Otherwise, fight like hell. Threaten a very public, possibly nation wide lawsuit that could last for years. The NCAA's track record in court is not good lately. Can you imagine the national press reaction? They would salivate at the prospect of covering it. I dare say the discovery process alone would make the NCAA nervous, if the potential negative press weren't enough of a deterrent.

The NCAA is a voluntary organization made up of member schools, Auburn is a voluntary member of the NCAA.  Auburn can certainly and most likely will use the NCAA's appeal process if any more sanctions are handed down, but Auburn will not sue them.  If Auburn doesn't like the rules, regulations and procedures that the member schools chose to enact, then they simply pull out of the NCAA and do their own thing in athletics.  They won't be able to participate in any NCAA sanctioned sports, but they wont' have to be ruled by the NCAA anymore.

Archived