Men vs Florida Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, Win4AU said:

Put in Turbo.  Can’t be worse at this point

Yes, yes it can. Turbo played 3 minutes at uat and had 2 fouls, a turnover, and 0-2 on his FTs.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man this team is so out of it offensively. 16sec for a final shot and cannot get one off. Going to have to score off their defense to have any chance today since the offense is just atrocious from set plays. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yes, yes it can. Turbo played 3 minutes at uat and had 2 fouls, a turnover, and 0-2 on his FTs.

I stand by my post 😁

Lol I never want to have a team with this makeup again. It is painful to watch when we go on the road. Last year's team offensively and honestly the last 2 years spoiled us. That was so fun.

Just now, jared52 said:

Man this team is so out of it offensively. 16sec for a final shot and cannot get one off. Going to have to score off their defense to have any chance today since the offense is just atrocious from set plays. 

Anything that isn’t a short pass for us on the perimeter is atrocious.

That last possession is a microcosm of this years team's possible future.  No real direction and even less focus.  Just so aggravating.  They are better than this.  Makes no sense.

Going through major football withdrawal today and trying my best to get into the game on this cold, wet, January day. I got back into it after the miraculous run at the end of last year.  I only wish we could repeat that run!

Just glad to see some interaction among the AU family on this forums.:wedance:

16 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Wow

SEC officials

14 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Yep sec refs

Just FYI, in basketball there aren’t conference refs like football. This is a problem across all conferences, but there’s nothing that can be done other than complain and hope that the games come down to the payers and not the refs.  

Thankfully we have been playing very good defense. Samir is hurting more than helping at this point and fills 2 critical roles for us in SG and also backup PG. We badly need him to snap out of his funk. We are very much in this

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

I stand by my post 😁

Btw, I'm not saying something shouldn't be done because I don't think Doughty should be in that starting lineup right now.

Thankful we're making the FTs. We would be in a world of hurt without those. The sloppiness has continued. Very frustrating. 

I feel bad for Purifoy, dammit, he has had FIVE---5---go down in the basket and pop out....My gosh, I don't remember one player having that much bad luck with bounce outs....We ain't playing that bad, we have had the shots, but they ain't falling....

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Just FYI, in basketball there aren’t conference refs like football. This is a problem across all conferences, but there’s nothing that can be done other than complain and hope that the games come down to the payers and not the refs.  

Damned refs have always been bad,corrupt and/or incompetent, just glad others are seeing this. They are people who are too lazy to get a job. Look forward to the day where cameras and software replace the garbage in striped shirts

Archived